Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774861 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #870 on: February 01, 2012, 08:52:19 AM »
The fact there's still so much carry on about what happened on Australia Day when there's so many other important  issues going on around us shows what's wrong with modern day politics and the media. When the pollies actually have to talk about major real life issues and should inspire the rest of us with a vision and policies to make this vision a reality they fail miserably like Abbott did today using words such as "aspirational" to avoid making any firm commitment to anything  ::). They are all two-faced :yep.

Btw as much as I think the vast majority of demonstrations are pointless and lack any focus, I still wonder why Gillard and Abbott were both literally dragged from the restaurant in that fashion by the feds. From the footage the only people in close proximity were the media scrum following them about 5m away and one old indigenous guy at the base of the steps of the restaurant.  As for people being surprised and shocked by aboriginal protests on Jan 26 - it happens every year as many are hardly going to celebrate that day nor anything with the Union Jack on it including the flag are they. We should be a republic anyhow with that day when it arrives as our national day but that's another topic.

re. that pic - "Pressure point, pressure point!"  ;D
from all reports there were approx 200 demonstrators bashing the windows at restaurant. Good reason to get them out I reckon. I think it shouldve been handled alot better though by the Feds.
A well organised and extensive Police response should be able to handle 200 demonstrators (I've heard reports of just 50-100 were there) and should've created a well-fortified human-shield barrier between Gillard and Abbott and the protesters so the two leaders didn't need to be rag-dolled out of the restaurant to a waiting car. 200 is really a small protest compared to wild demonstrations over the years in say Melbourne where there's been up to 100,000 people involved where radical splinter groups have gone a rampage in full-on fights with police with cowardly face-covered morons throwing sharp objects and bags of urine at officers and dropping ball-bearings under police horses. Not to mention the willful extensive public property damage of past events such as S11 or outside the G20 meetings. Sheesh you normally get more than 200 people chucked out by Vicpol at the one-day cricket. From the footage on Australia day it looked like the police were way too thin in numbers when they responded. Mind you when I spent a month in Canberra back 1995 you hardly saw a cop anywhere so maybe that's all the ACT police and Feds had on hand  :wallywink.
agree 100%. The police couldve & shouldve done a better job of getting them out. I've been to Canberra once aswell, I probably won't ever go again.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #871 on: February 01, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »
It's a joke that the Craig Thompson inquiry has taken nearly 3 years. Looks like the government doesn't want it to end too soon.
Like i've said before, this is the worst government in the history of Australia!

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2012/s3419957.htm

even an ALP member & union secretary can't understand why this saga has gone on so long. But Im sure she has her suspicions.
It all looks dodgy to me.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #872 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »
What hodges did was was pass on information as to where abbot, and gillard it must be remembered, was. He did not incite the crowd, he never spoke to the crowd.

as in my original post which you quoted, but didnt seem to understand, the person who incited the crowd by wrongly informing them of what mr rabbit said was Barbara Shaw.

Once again;
I witnessed a man jump on stage and what he told her Tony Abbott was just on radio, and he was going to come out and take their tents down

this is from someone who plays for your team.

just in case i will repeat yet again, please read carefully.

I witnessed a man jump on stage and what he told her Tony Abbott was just on radio, and he was going to come out and take their tents down

Barbara Shaw stirred the pot and she is not a member of the ALP.

She admits and does not apologise for her actions being responsible for the mob mentality that ensured.

If Tony Hodges had lied, they would not have found Gillard and Abbot, as he revealed where they were.  :wallywink

It was not him that misrepresented what Dr No said, it was barbara shaw
Are you "shaw" about that Al??
http://m.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/union-boss-kim-sattler-to-face-questions-over-her-role-in-the-tent-embassy-riot/story-fn59niix-1226258107753

why then has a former PM advisor quit & why then is a union official under investigation by her union as to whatever they said? 
Facts are that the whole thing was stupid, dirty and a discraceful.
Further evidence that the ALP and those connected to the ALP (greens & unions), cannot be trusted!

you initially linked to three articles and they said that hodges leaked the where abouts of Mr Rabbit . they mentioned nothing about him spreading what mr rabbit said.

the article you now link to was published after my, and more importantly, your original comments, so it is a new claim, by a newspaper that proudly admits it attempts to bring the ALP down, none the less.

If it turns out I was wrong, well i was wrong, but that was based on evidence put before me, while at the time you had no evidence for the claim you made either.

By the same token the run on shaw up here has plenty of publicity up here and as she is from the territory. not once has she denied what the CLP member said about her, in fact she is unrepentant about it.

yet you said the ALP lied about what rabbit said to stir up racial tension, which on the evidence at the time was plain wrong.

perhaps The CLP member is lying about how events transcribed? maybe she proves that no politician can be trusted, as i have heard her talk about it on a number of times.

and just a question for future reference, if a staffer does something wrong, does that reflect on the whole party?

I wont bother about all the lies peddled by you team in recent times either, as that does not justify what others do and no doubt there will more in the future, but you will always think that your team is squeaky clean, just as there will be those that barrack for the others and think they are squeaky clean.

This is the attitude that allows these scum to get away with what they do. as they say, we get the politicians we deserve and while people follow politics with the same one eyed view as sport nothing will change.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #873 on: February 01, 2012, 09:23:54 AM »
What hodges did was was pass on information as to where abbot, and gillard it must be remembered, was. He did not incite the crowd, he never spoke to the crowd.

as in my original post which you quoted, but didnt seem to understand, the person who incited the crowd by wrongly informing them of what mr rabbit said was Barbara Shaw.

Once again;

this is from someone who plays for your team.

just in case i will repeat yet again, please read carefully.

Barbara Shaw stirred the pot and she is not a member of the ALP.

She admits and does not apologise for her actions being responsible for the mob mentality that ensured.

If Tony Hodges had lied, they would not have found Gillard and Abbot, as he revealed where they were.  :wallywink

It was not him that misrepresented what Dr No said, it was barbara shaw
Are you "shaw" about that Al??
http://m.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/union-boss-kim-sattler-to-face-questions-over-her-role-in-the-tent-embassy-riot/story-fn59niix-1226258107753

why then has a former PM advisor quit & why then is a union official under investigation by her union as to whatever they said? 
Facts are that the whole thing was stupid, dirty and a discraceful.
Further evidence that the ALP and those connected to the ALP (greens & unions), cannot be trusted!

you initially linked to three articles and they said that hodges leaked the where abouts of Mr Rabbit . they mentioned nothing about him spreading what mr rabbit said.

the article you now link to was published after my, and more importantly, your original comments, so it is a new claim, by a newspaper that proudly admits it attempts to bring the ALP down, none the less.

If it turns out I was wrong, well i was wrong, but that was based on evidence put before me, while at the time you had no evidence for the claim you made either.

By the same token the run on shaw up here has plenty of publicity up here and as she is from the territory. not once has she denied what the CLP member said about her, in fact she is unrepentant about it.

yet you said the ALP lied about what rabbit said to stir up racial tension, which on the evidence at the time was plain wrong.

perhaps The CLP member is lying about how events transcribed? maybe she proves that no politician can be trusted, as i have heard her talk about it on a number of times.

and just a question for future reference, if a staffer does something wrong, does that reflect on the whole party?

I wont bother about all the lies peddled by you team in recent times either, as that does not justify what others do and no doubt there will more in the future, but you will always think that your team is squeaky clean, just as there will be those that barrack for the others and think they are squeaky clean.

This is the attitude that allows these scum to get away with what they do. as they say, we get the politicians we deserve and while people follow politics with the same one eyed view as sport nothing will change.

none of them should get away with it Al. Not Slipper not Thompson not Abbott nor should the PM. We all contribute to their wages & they should all be held accountable especially when they misuse funds or blatantly lie or mislead us.
And no one is squeeky clean. 

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #874 on: February 01, 2012, 03:55:29 PM »
good that we can agree on something.

line em up all against the wall and then start again.

Voting should not be compulsory and each politician's wage related to how many votes they receive.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #875 on: February 01, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
good that we can agree on something.

line em up all against the wall and then start again.

Voting should not be compulsory and each politician's wage related to how many votes they receive.
:clapping  :clapping  :clapping
 :cheers  :thumbsup

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #876 on: February 01, 2012, 06:58:20 PM »

great picture gerks just one question..

I know who the red heads are but who are the bald guys??

gerkin greg

« Reply #877 on: February 01, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
Steven Segal and Kevin Costner

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #878 on: February 02, 2012, 07:35:08 PM »
K Rudd is coming!

We're coming back, they all know we're coming back!
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #879 on: February 05, 2012, 10:27:15 AM »
anyone watching Bolt report on 10.

Does anyone else feel embarrassed that we are being led by such an incompetent party and leader in Gillard.

What a circus, i just cant believe we actually pay these guys

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #880 on: February 05, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
anyone watching Bolt report on 10.

Does anyone else feel embarrassed that we are being led by such an incompetent party and leader in Gillard.

What a circus, i just cant believe we actually pay these guys

yes I watched it.
Im certain it is & will be remembered as the worst government in the history of Australia. No doubt.
What's hilarious is that some people want Kevin '07 back but this party didn't think he was doing any good.  What a complete rabble the ALP are! My father would be gutted if he were still alive to see it.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #881 on: February 05, 2012, 06:36:53 PM »
I've never been a big fan of Julia Gillard but I was outraged by the events on Australia day. To voice an opinion or peacefully protest is our right in this great democratic country but to treat our leaders with that sort of disrespect is an embarrassment to all of us who call ourselves Australian.

And no one arrested or charged? A disgrace!

To witness those who burnt our flag & watching those kids spitting on the flag was also disgusting.

and this surprises you?? A guy was freed this week for manslaughter after killing a Bosnian grandfather and you think they will worry about a group of guys ambushing the leader of this country.

I think they thought by not laying any arrests would stop this madness from happening again.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #882 on: February 05, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »
They are a fair dinkum embarrassment to very single Australian and i actually feel sorry for her in a way.

I'm old enough to never remember such dislike for a politician as there is out there for her. Even Rudd had better respect IMO

People would only vote for her out of a misguided loyalty to that joke of a party. In their heart of hearts i really dont think people, including my old man are that blind.

This will be an absolute white wash this election and i cant wait.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #883 on: February 05, 2012, 07:10:04 PM »
the truley sad part is that the other option is buffoon in his own right.
the next election will be like deciding between a douche bag and poo sandwich

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #884 on: February 05, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »
Have to agree with the last couple of comments.

Politics has always been a shady business, but the last 5 years things have been taken to a whole new level.

I dont think its so much an ALP thing (although IMO we have the worst government in Austalia's history), to me there's virtually no credibility, intelligence or anyone trustworthy on either side.

It's the same poot. Everyone is it it for themselves with the snouts in the trough, and it's all about managing public 'perception' without making meaningful and accountable decisions to improve the country.

Rudd or Crean will lead the ALP to the next election. They will be the sacrafcial lambs, bought in to minimize the massive swing against the ALP that keeping Ju-liar would ensure.

Abbott will win in a landslide nonetheless, and Shorten will replace Rudd/Crean. Even though Abbot is a slimy knob, at least we will have a clear majority government (probably with slightly more competence than the current government), but then we will all get stung by the twisting of Abbot's pre-election policies. Plus he could drag out a few 'gems' from the past like work choices.

So i can't see the Libs under Abbott getting re-elected. 

It's the same poot over and over again.

1 term governments. Get used to it, because that's the way it's all heading!