Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 751273 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #3555 on: April 19, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
Hmmm

Climate change?

I appreciate that this is extremely important issue to you

But for me right now with what's going on this great country of ours Climate Change is at the bottom of the ladder

So many far more pressing issues of which neither part is willing to tackle. All they are about is trying gain power and then stuffing things up more than what they are.... and then blaming all other sides of politics (including the independents) for their collective incompetence

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3556 on: April 19, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »
Hmmm

Climate change?

But for me right now with what's going on this great country of ours Climate Change is at the bottom of the ladder

So many far more pressing issues of which neither part is willing to tackle. All they are about is trying gain power and then stuffing things up more than what they are.... and then blaming all other sides of politics (including the independents) for their collective incompetence

Like what?

The share price of bp?

You don't much strike me as too worried about unethical invasions of other nation states or the richest not paying tax
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3557 on: April 19, 2016, 03:18:57 PM »
Hmmm

Climate change?

No grandchildren yet?

:cheers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3558 on: April 19, 2016, 03:55:32 PM »
Hmmm

Climate change?

No grandchildren yet?

If WP or anyone hasn't reproduced, then they're already making a far more meaningful contribution towards protecting the environment than you, I or some useless feel-good government policy ever could.

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3559 on: April 19, 2016, 05:28:36 PM »
Hmmm

Climate change?

No grandchildren yet?

Not that I see the relevance

But no I don't have grand children because we don't have children (which is no ones business but ours I might add)

But I do have a grand niece and I want the things right for her and that starts with things like getting education, health to name 2 before the climate

Like what?

The share price of bp?

You don't much strike me as too worried about unethical invasions of other nation states or the richest not paying tax

Another great contribution  ::). "unethical invasions"? please, spare me your conspiracy theories.   

Share prices - don't care about them at all

Richest people not paying their share of taxes - absolutely

Things I am interested in about looking after elderly pensioners and the less fortunate eg those with disabilities, getting health care in this country you know hospitals, reigning in welfare so those who deserve it and need get it rather it going to those who don't, law an order, education

Want me to go on  :huh

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3560 on: April 19, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »
Hmmm

Climate change?

No grandchildren yet?

Doesn't matter if the oceans are rooted and no trees left...

As long as the economy is strong  :shh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3561 on: April 20, 2016, 12:02:51 PM »

Not that I see the relevance

But no I don't have grand children because we don't have children (which is no ones business but ours I might add)

But I do have a grand niece and I want the things right for her and that starts with things like getting education, health to name 2 before the climate

My apologies, it is certainly none of my business.

I just think that climate change is happening quickly, just look at the Great Barrier Reef.

If the world goes to crap then good health and education systems won't do us much good.

But maybe we can look after all three at the same time.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3562 on: April 20, 2016, 12:11:57 PM »

'Worse things in store': Steaming hot world sets more temperature records

Date April 20, 2016 -

Peter Hannam 

The Earth sizzled in March with the most unusually warm month in recorded history as average land surface temperatures easily exceeded levels deemed by scientists to constitute dangerous climate change.

The abnormal weather has continued into April as the most powerful tropical cyclone ever recorded in the Indian Ocean dumped rain at rates reaching 300 mm an hour, and Australian scientists declared the worst coral bleaching event ever on the Great Barrier Reef.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/environment/climate-change/worse-things-in-store-steaming-hot-world-sets-more-temperature-records-20160419-goaf58.html#ixzz46KRUXxBL
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3563 on: April 26, 2016, 09:22:47 PM »
Probably a shape shifting reptilian to boot   

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3564 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:11 PM »
Where are all the Abbott lovers now  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3565 on: May 04, 2016, 03:45:40 AM »
A pretty directionless budget last night economically.  Since the GFC, Treasury predictions of falling deficits in the forward estimates and a "path" to surplus have been so far off the mark that you can't take them seriously anymore. The Government trying to keep things politically neutral and sure up the traditional LNP demographic before the election.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3566 on: May 10, 2016, 08:46:13 AM »
well this election campaign is off to a flying start, but yeah abbott is much worse than these 2 fine leaders.  :thumbsup

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3568 on: May 11, 2016, 06:12:34 PM »
Happy about a sorry for Dresden

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3569 on: May 12, 2016, 10:41:14 AM »