Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 749873 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4230 on: January 05, 2019, 07:53:40 PM »
Oh isnt it cute how '65 still thinks the LNP & Labor are different.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4231 on: January 05, 2019, 08:42:08 PM »
 :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4232 on: January 06, 2019, 02:39:08 AM »
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/heavy-police-presence-in-st-kilda-as-protest-groups-converge/news-story/ca8fd8a5af11e28f45d2c9d9f1a3b6a1
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/extreme-rightwing-patriot-rally-in-melbourne-hundreds-of-police-on-high-alert/news-story/9478ad1a9a4872b67f6e52ef1cbb6a91
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/caulfield-jewish-aged-care-home-defaced-with-swastika-in-spate-of-antisemitic-attacks/news-story/a4a85e5fb35682e5b7cab2989c0013cc

Hangs around with neo-Nazis yesterday but Senator Fraser Anning reckoned at the time he didn't know what "final solution" meant when he used it ::).

ps. These low-lifes were also waving around the red ensign which was the Australian Army's flag during WWII which fought and died against their evil murderous ideology  >:(.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4233 on: January 06, 2019, 02:51:13 AM »

If the Libs can't hold onto this blue ribbon seat then they are really stuffed.

Expect a blood bath.

:thumbsup

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/labor-bid-to-topple-kelly-o-dwyer-in-the-battle-for-higgins-20190104-p50pmf.html
More likely to go to the Greens (who came second last time) than Labor if there's a change. Higgins is effectively the state seats of Prahran (Greens) and Caulfield (Lib).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4234 on: January 07, 2019, 01:12:06 AM »
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/fraser-anning-to-bill-taxpayers-more-than-2800-for-flights-to-st-kilda-rally-20190106-p50pub.html

Just 19 votes Anning used taxpayers money to be at that Neo-Nazi rally  ::).

Unrepresentative swill :yep.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4235 on: January 07, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »
You don't understand the electoral system very well if you're still crapping on about 19 Anning and 77 Roberts.

I'd rather see Anning use taxpayer money to be there than Sarah Hanson-Young using it to go whale watching.

Good to see you're steering clear of Blair Cottrell criticism this time......:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4236 on: January 07, 2019, 11:38:10 AM »
You don't understand the electoral system very well if you're still crapping on about 19 Anning and 77 Roberts.

I'd rather see Anning use taxpayer money to be there than Sarah Hanson-Young using it to go whale watching.

Good to see you're steering clear of Blair Cottrell criticism this time...... :shh

It's a system that needs to change.

:cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4237 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
You don't understand what first preferences are. And yes the system is a joke when those with so few first preferences can get a seat in the Senate. Thankfully, one is already gone and the other will be bye-byes in a few months time  :thumbsup.

I'm no fan of the Greens so try again with another ridiculous deflection. I've missed too where whale's ideology mass murdered millions of people and thousands of Australian diggers fought and died fighting against it to give us our freedom of today  ::).

The vast majority of Victorians overwhelming rejected this dog-whistling crap at the recent state election  :thumbsup. No surprise though that these attention seeking sooks ignore democracy and need ring ins from state of Deliverance extras otherwise known as Queensland to boost their tiny crybaby numbers. Seen more protestors turn up to the flops that were anti-skyrail protests :lol. To add to the spectacular fail one of the chief goons at the rally got himself arrested  :wallywink.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4238 on: January 08, 2019, 12:21:16 PM »

It's a system that needs to change.

:cheers
It's hard to fix because the minor parties like PHON have such poor vetting processes. Both Roberts and Annings got into the Senate via Hanson. Roberts was ineligible as a dual citizen though whereas Anning quit One Nation within a short period.

You need something like:

* Required a prerequisite of first preferences (a cut-off). All those below the cut-off have their preferences distributed to those above. Then apply the current quota system to those with first preferences above the cut-off.

* For those that quit their party then they must leave the Senate and be replaced.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4239 on: January 08, 2019, 12:59:54 PM »
You don't understand what first preferences are. And yes the system is a joke when those with so few first preferences can get a seat in the Senate. Thankfully, one is already gone and the other will be bye-byes in a few months time  :thumbsup.

MT: Both Roberts and Annings got into the Senate via Hanson.
Exactly. The exact same way almost every other senator gets elected because their electorate wants their party in charge. So give up on 19 Anning 77 Roberts... :shh

I'm no fan of the Greens so try again with another ridiculous deflection. I've missed too where whale's ideology mass murdered millions of people and thousands of Australian diggers fought and died fighting against it to give us our freedom of today  ::).

The vast majority of Victorians overwhelming rejected this dog-whistling crap at the recent state election  :thumbsup. No surprise though that these attention seeking sooks ignore democracy and need ring ins from state of Deliverance extras otherwise known as Queensland to boost their tiny crybaby numbers. Seen more protestors turn up to the flops that were anti-skyrail protests :lol. To add to the spectacular fail one of the chief goons at the rally got himself arrested  :wallywink.

Ridiculous deflection? One man used 2k of taxpayers money to go to a rally where people protested against Sudanese Gangs shamefully attacking people at random. The other used taxpayer money to go whale watching with her daughter, she could have at least taken a few left wing lunatics with her if she's going to use taxpayer money.
Were you the one who said you didn't vote Latham in 2004?  :shh

I think you ought to retract your comments, MT. The people in St Kilda were not Nazis. Have you actually seen any of the footage or just going off a photo of a known plant who made a nazi salute?

Please retract your comments like you had to with Blair.

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4240 on: January 13, 2019, 09:49:10 PM »
Senate candidates do not succeed with such few votes. Even Antony Green at the time said that Anning's 19 votes would be a record low. Anning is only in the Senate due to a freak set of circumstances: It was a double dissolution election which inflates the chances of minor parties; PHON voters are voting for and preferencing Pauline Hanson rather than One Nation the party so other candidates on the PHON Senate ticket can gain a seat with bugger all votes; Section 44 of the constitution disqualified Roberts; Anning who was put in as Roberts replacement by PHON then quit the party that put him in the Senate as soon as he entered it. So he's not representing anyone who put him in Senate. The very definition of unrepresentative swill as Keating once said.

Anning has also repeatedly used taxpayers money to attend a number of these far-right/alt-right rallies across Australia. Are white farmers are being attacked in Qld too?  ::) He has also laughably claimed he is allowed to claim more taxpayers money than any other pollie because his wife is "volunteering" for him :facepalm. Good riddance at the next election in a few months time  :thumbsdown.   

There was more than one of the goons there making Nazi salutes while others had SS paraphernalia (The Cosmic Psychos certainly didn't hold back on what they thought of it :snidegrin). Add the swastika plastered on the aged care home connected to families of Holocaust survivors and that that 'rally' just so happened to be held on the 100th anniversary of the founding the DAP that would become the NSDAP. If it walks like a duck (or should that be steps like a goose :whistle) and quacks like a duck then don't be surprised when it's called a duck!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4241 on: January 13, 2019, 10:06:08 PM »
Didn't read a word of that.....:shh

Anning :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4242 on: January 13, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »

What a mature response  ::).

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4243 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:01 AM »
Well mate you just go on these long diatribes that don't really make sense to the original discussion and anyone you don't like is called a 'nutter' or a 'looney'.

Look at Mark Latham. You laughed at him and he's moved One Nation from 3.9% to almost 8% in NSW.

You ignore MPs who spend a poo load of the taxpayer money yet have a go at Anning who uses it for.... politics

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4244 on: January 14, 2019, 03:05:34 PM »

Yeah but some crappy washed-up pub rock punk band told him to stuff off on Arsebook.....or something.... so there.....:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.