Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774559 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6270 on: October 15, 2023, 12:51:03 PM »
I don't think the money spent to have the referendum is acceptable at all.

Albo must go. All that's been done is further dividing people and wasting money. In any other business that is a death sentence

Must go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6271 on: October 15, 2023, 01:08:57 PM »
I don't think the money spent to have the referendum is acceptable at all.

Albo must go. All that's been done is further dividing people and wasting money. In any other business that is a death sentence

Must go

What did it cost?

Only reason it has divided some people is because they're knuckle-dragging neanderthals.

I disagreed with some people I know and none of us had a problem with the other person voting differently. It was just a point of civil discussion.

Same sex marriage referendum got a yes and divided plenty of people too but we don't hear whining about it.

It's just an excuse for the government to pass the buck of responsibility for the legislation and Labor has misread the room by about 15%.

Anyway, I'm all for a referendum - encouraging people to participate in their democracy is a good thing and I'd rather they didn't go ahead with some legislation or amendments to our legislation without one.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6272 on: October 15, 2023, 02:40:33 PM »
In the vicinity of 450 million, Andy

The room wasn't read well at all, especially when you only listen to some Indigenous voices and decide to throw them all in one basket as if they all think, look and act the same. How patronising and insulting.

The vote was comprehensively smashed everywhere really...and what's to show for it?

Albo has to go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6273 on: October 15, 2023, 02:49:05 PM »

The room wasn't read well at all, especially when you only listen to some Indigenous voices and decide to throw them all in one basket as if they all think, look and act the same. How patronising and insulting.

The vote was comprehensively smashed everywhere really...and what's to show for it?

Albo has to go

Legit 450?

Fmd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6274 on: October 15, 2023, 03:19:34 PM »
Yep

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6275 on: October 15, 2023, 04:58:40 PM »
Thank god the majority of Australia were awake to Labor’s racially divisive Australia policy

Albo has been caught out for the fool he is and now must go

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6276 on: October 15, 2023, 04:59:16 PM »
Maybe Each Way will finally concentrate on the cost of living that he promised to address in the election and won government on the back of - bwhahaha like stuff he will... fraudulent government, fraudulent PM #ApartheidAlbomustgo :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6277 on: October 15, 2023, 05:10:14 PM »

Albo has to go

Legit 450?

Fmd

Actually it is around $380-$385 mil

But what's $80 odd mil between friends and tax payers ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6278 on: October 15, 2023, 05:11:52 PM »
Yeah we know other people's money's nothing to leftists, why you're always so good at spending it freely....until it inevitably runs out... :shh

Now make sure to bring up "Scotty from Marketing's" debt again while also again conveniently forgetting to mention that it was mostly caused by a response to a pandemic that your beloved ALP wanted to him spend even more on and that most leftists wanted even more of the economy to be shut down for even longer... :whistle
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6279 on: October 15, 2023, 05:25:37 PM »
 :lol Correct Dio. i think WP In the fullness of time would edit that ridiculous comment.

Anyway some in the know seem to think that 450k figure IS close to the mark, but what the hell would this bloke know :shh only have to listen to the first minute.

The cost of the Voice to Parliament referendum has been confirmed by AEC spokesperson Evan Ekin-Smyth

https://www.3aw.com.au/the-cost-of-the-voice-referendum-revealed-and-clarification-on-the-rules-of-voice-advertising/

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6280 on: October 15, 2023, 05:40:28 PM »

By the way NT seats overwhelming no vote.

True the overall territory voted no and that's clear

However,  interesting as the mobile booth figures have come into today and they are the booths in the remote indigenous communities the figue is around 70%-75% Yes. So that gives some credence to the Yes side's comments that around 80% of indigenous Australians were in favour of the voice. Will be just as interesting to see the numbers from WA and remote Qld

The by electorate numbers are fascinating too. My electorate which is ALP heartland came in at 55%+ Yes. But the electorate next door also ALP heartland came in around 55% No.

What I've taken away from the result is 2 things.

1/ Fear is a powerful tool when used by politicians on either side. Couple fear with just the slightest bit of ignorance (talking about people's lack of knowledge around our constitution here and nothing else) then the mood for change or the want for change will be extinguished

So Frankie I tip my lid to you and say you were right. This referendum was always about politics and ultimately which politicians sold their message best. Still stand by my belief it should never have been like that but this one certainly was

2/ and this is the final time I will mention it but people need to understand our constitution. How it came into being, how it's changed with the various sucessful referendums previously. People need to understand What is in it and how it works. Weve had 45 referendums now and 8 have passed.

IMHO it should be taught in schools. Some of the mistruths (most would say lies) that have been spruiked during the campaigns I found disgusting to be honest because it played on people's fears and it shouldn't have been like that.

The result is what it is. One thing Albo did say last night that was right we are lucky that we get to vote on these sort of issues/proposals. So many other countries don't and I for one am so grateful we do.

Personally I don't see the result of the referendum having any impact on Albo or election.

We were asked to vote on something and we did.

Doesn't mean heads need to roll?

Agree Andyy,

Menzies had a few failed referendums during his PMship and it didn't hurt him

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6281 on: October 15, 2023, 05:44:33 PM »
Yeah we know other people's money's nothing to leftists, why you're always so good at spending it freely....until it inevitably runs out... :shh

Another day another cheapshot from you from your cheapseat

Thanks

:lol Correct Dio. i think WP In the fullness of time would edit that ridiculous comment.

Anyway some in the know seem to think that 450k figure IS close to the mark, but what the hell would this bloke know :shh only have to listen to the first minute.

The cost of the Voice to Parliament referendum has been confirmed by AEC spokesperson Evan Ekin-Smyth

https://www.3aw.com.au/the-cost-of-the-voice-referendum-revealed-and-clarification-on-the-rules-of-voice-advertising/

Stand corrected then, AT thanks for the link.

Was only mentioning what I read in the paper yesterday up in QLD, it was the equivalent to the HUN down here in Victoria. Up there they were saying $380-385 mil.

And BTW I appreciate the respectful response :thumbsup
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 08:56:05 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6282 on: October 15, 2023, 08:17:07 PM »
Thank god the majority of Australia were awake to Labor’s racially divisive Australia policy

How did you find it divisive? Other than idiots getting upset with one another because they can't discuss anything without losing their cools.

Something like this shouldnt be divisive at all if people can be reasonable and mature about it

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #6283 on: October 15, 2023, 09:59:06 PM »

How did you find it divisive? Other than idiots getting upset with one another because they can't discuss anything without losing their cools.

Something like this shouldnt be divisive at all if people can be reasonable and mature about it

He must go Andy

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6284 on: October 15, 2023, 11:17:36 PM »
Must go has to go #timesup4apartheidalbo :shh

- Thomas Sowell