Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 774443 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6285 on: October 16, 2023, 04:59:24 AM »

Albo is going nowhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/oct/15/five-insights-from-the-referendum-liberals-win-the-battle-but-lose-the-war

Liberals win the battle, but lose the war

While rusted-on Coalition voters played a significant role in sinking the voice, Saturday’s referendum vote reinforces the sense that the contemporary Liberal party has decoupled from its blue-ribbon metropolitan heartland. Seats now held by the teal independents rallied for yes.

“I was surprised, having looked at a lot of campaign data and polling data out of Yes23 – I’m surprised by how strongly the teal seats have gone yes,” Jackman says. “I wasn’t expecting [a percentage in the 60s] in Wentworth in particular. That’s a staggering result. It’s going to rock back on their heels Liberals who think [the teals phenomenon] is a protest vote and those electorates will get over it and come home. They are not coming home. None of this is helping Peter Dutton in those seats.”

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6286 on: October 16, 2023, 06:44:40 AM »
Thank god the majority of Australia were awake to Labor’s racially divisive Australia policy

Albo has been caught out for the fool he is and now must go

How did you find it divisive? Other than idiots getting upset with one another because they can't discuss anything without losing their cools.

Something like this shouldnt be divisive at all if people can be reasonable and mature about it

Are you for real? In the middle of a cost of living crisis and he wasted 450 million dollars on something that was never going to win. Have a look at the WA situation and the back pedaling that went on earlier this year.

You think that's not going to cause unrest? He failed miserably from the outset.

Warrine Mundine summed it up perfectly when he said wake up to yourselves.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6287 on: October 16, 2023, 06:51:40 AM »

Albo is going nowhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/oct/15/five-insights-from-the-referendum-liberals-win-the-battle-but-lose-the-war

While rusted-on Coalition voters played a significant role in sinking the voice, Saturday’s referendum vote reinforces the sense that the contemporary Liberal party has decoupled from its blue-ribbon metropolitan heartland. Seats now held by the teal independents rallied for yes.

“I was surprised, having looked at a lot of campaign data and polling data out of Yes23 – I’m surprised by how strongly the teal seats have gone yes,” Jackman says. “I wasn’t expecting [a percentage in the 60s] in Wentworth in particular. That’s a staggering result. It’s going to rock back on their heels Liberals who think [the teals phenomenon] is a protest vote and those electorates will get over it and come home. They are not coming home. None of this is helping Peter Dutton in those seats.”

The teal seats were never going anywhere. It just showed how stupid the the airhead was was when he focused on smith st collingwood and not  on Smith St Melton as I read the other day. The suburbs are where it's alt. You know every day people doing their balls in this climate.

The war is in the outer suburbs now and also a place called QLD and WA.
Tell us how the chook is going up there? :shh :shh

He should follow the QLD chook and lead by example.

Time to go Airhead albo

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6288 on: October 16, 2023, 08:25:23 AM »
Thank god the majority of Australia were awake to Labor’s racially divisive Australia policy

How did you find it divisive? Other than idiots getting upset with one another because they can't discuss anything without losing their cools.

Something like this shouldnt be divisive at all if people can be reasonable and mature about it

Are you for real? In the middle of a cost of living crisis and he wasted 450 million dollars on something that was never going to win. Have a look at the WA situation and the back pedaling that went on earlier this year.

You think that's not going to cause unrest? He failed miserably from the outset.

I'm not happy about the $450mil.

But how is the proposal itself divisive?

People can agree to disagree, sure, but words like apartheid are laughable. Poor comparison and silly rhetoric.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6289 on: October 16, 2023, 01:08:37 PM »
I am very confused in the highly reputable The Australian says the referendum only cost $350 mil not $450 million

Murdoch media is always right isn't it  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6290 on: October 16, 2023, 01:11:06 PM »

If your Mundine comment is from the presser the other night his "wake up to yourselves "comment was in relation to the line of questioning towards Sen Price

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6291 on: October 16, 2023, 02:18:43 PM »
I am very confused in the highly reputable The Australian says the referendum only cost $350 mil not $450 million

knee slapping funny

Albo must go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6292 on: October 16, 2023, 03:33:05 PM »

Albo is going nowhere.

The teal seats were never going anywhere. It just showed how stupid the the airhead was was when he focused on smith st collingwood and not  on Smith St Melton as I read the other day. The suburbs are where it's alt. You know every day people doing their balls in this climate.

The war is in the outer suburbs now and also a place called QLD and WA.
Tell us how the chook is going up there? :shh :shh

He should follow the QLD chook and lead by example.

Time to go Airhead albo

Wasting your time engaging the ALCCP automaton - his pre-programmed responses aren't equipped to deal with inconvenient truths.  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6293 on: October 16, 2023, 03:38:46 PM »

I seen it as divisive in that we were creating rules in the constitution for one set of Australians and not another.

I see all of us as Australians.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6294 on: October 17, 2023, 06:57:41 AM »
A fact many including some on here just can't seem to comprehend Chuck.

I don't even remember anyone calling out slowbo for this complete and utter waste of money and time, but as has been suggested money waste goes hand in hand with this mob so I'm really not surprised. 

The funniest comments from these bed wetters I have seen is from from the Sydney mayor who said it was a trump style election based on misinformation. Even slowbo can't let it go.

Just proves how the alp treat outer suburban voters these days, and I'm guessing they won't forget.

The  fat chook in qld must be feeling very nervous up there now.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6295 on: October 17, 2023, 07:07:33 AM »

I seen it as divisive in that we were creating rules in the constitution for one set of Australians and not another.

I see all of us as Australians.

I agree we are all Aussies. Constitution was only to acknowledge indigenous Aussies as the first Aussies and the voice was just encouragement for them to engage with the government to improve their outcomes which are extraordinary poor compared to the rest of us.

I still don't see the divisiveness that you're referring to.....

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6296 on: October 17, 2023, 07:09:42 AM »
 :shh :shh :shh

Well at least we know where you got that figure from now.  :shh

You must have a few Murdoch subscriptions going on WP. Foxtel, Australian this and that.   :lol

I do laugh at those Murdoch anti stooges  who obsess about him yet seem to know where all his information is all the time.   :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6297 on: October 17, 2023, 07:31:54 AM »

Well at least we know where you got that figure from now.  :shh

You must have a few Murdoch subscriptions going on WP. Foxtel, Australian this and that.   :lol

I do laugh at those Murdoch anti stooges  who obsess about him yet seem to know where all his information is all the time.   :lol

Don't subscribe to any of them. Saw the the quote from the Australian on the platform formerly known as Twitter yesterday

Have cancelled Foxtel and saw the Qld equivalent of the HUN on Saturday at my nephew's house

My post was purely sarcastic but clearly lost, oh well should have used more than this  :rollin

And used this
 :sarcasm2

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #6298 on: October 17, 2023, 09:19:48 AM »
https://youtu.be/VO5V12AOSjY?si=XZ3RPSsl336JwNT9

How’s his behaviour
Can’t even answer a simple question the petulant child

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6299 on: October 17, 2023, 11:12:47 AM »
He really is a rotten piece of poo. An absolute fraud

Must go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"