Author Topic: Another scandal brewing - Collingwood related?  (Read 3726 times)

Ox

Re: Another scandal brewing - Collingwood related?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 09:39:49 PM »
No offence but I reckon it's a pack of rubbish!

I KNEW Shane Warne was rooting Liz Hurley for a fact.
Why can't I post it on a public forum. ?
They can't prove it wrong cos it's right.
It comes out In the media and ngaf !!

Freedom of speech or effing communism?

I don't believe any club would care enough to pursue legal action and think you may be overly paranoid.

Besides, it's within the realms of possibility the moderators of the board just happened to miss the presence of any such post in which case the prosecutor should therefore pursue the actual poster.

Give them my name and number and tell them to bring condoms.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:12:10 AM by one-eyed »

Ox

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »
So if a turd rapist like Craig Hutchison breaks a story or even speculates over any currently active topic, were permitted to "speak" about it on our forum so long as he has???

Makes me lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 05:35:33 AM »
Whether we agree with it or not it it's the law Ox (defamation act 2005). By the way AFAIK the onus is on the defendant (the one making the defamatory claims) to prove what they are saying about another person is true rather than the other way around. If a story comes out in the media first then any legal risk is on their shoulders; not ours.

I don't believe any club would care enough to pursue legal action and think you may be overly paranoid.
An old Hawthorn fan forum called Hawk Headquarters was basically forced to shutdown a few years ago due to defamatory claims by one poster towards a Hawthorn player on their forum. Sorry Ox we aren't willing to take or test out that risk.