Author Topic: Krakouer and Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game  (Read 4383 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Krakouer and Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game
« on: January 16, 2005, 06:16:06 AM »
Krakouer again has got the gig for the Feb 5 match in Darwin against the Dogs. Our only representative. Thought they might have given give Tambo a run as well and give us a early chance to see him in action.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 03:09:50 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Krakouer in Aboriginal All-Stars game
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 08:53:45 PM »
Sounds like Krak needs some match fitness.  It wont hurt..

Who are they playing?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 09:31:41 PM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 11:04:32 PM »
I wonder if Griffen will get a game?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 12:21:24 AM »
I'm glad Tambling isn't playing, there's plenty of time for him to make those sorts of games in the future. It will give him another goal and something else to strive for in the future. You don't want to hand everything in one go to these young fellers, they've got to learn to work for there gains and accolades.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 11:20:57 AM »
Didn't Tambling play in last years game?
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 05:24:26 PM »
Yes he played in a game but it wasn't an allstars line up it was a NT team
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 02:44:24 PM »
Tambling's a definite starter along with Krakouer :). So it'll be the first chance to see him in a seniors match.

The game is being shown on Fox footy although in the middle of the night in Victoria but live everywhere else.

Indigenous All-Stars v W Bulldogs    

5/2/2005

5.30pm (LIVE) in WA
7.30pm (LIVE) in QLD
8pm (LIVE) in SA
8.30pm (LIVE) in NSW

6/2/2005

2.00am VIC and ACT

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 03:30:33 PM »

The game is being shown on Fox footy although in the middle of the night in Victoria but live everywhere else.

What a joke that is  :banghead :banghead

I found this on the official Bulldogs site - really makes you wonder about the current broadcasting agreement.

"Change Of Broadcast Schedule

5:55:09 PM Wed 2 February, 2005
www.westernbulldogs.com.au

The LeasePlan Western Bulldogs have been informed that as a result of AFL broadcasting agreements, the game between the LeasePlan Western Bulldogs and The All Stars will be scheduled in the following states at the following times:"

ED: the listed times are what MT has posted ;)

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=183967

====

I have emailed the AFL this morning (9.30am approx) asking for a please explain because I reckon it is a disgrace.  >:( :banghead >:( I am still waiting for a reply - what a surprise :banghead :help :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »
I have emailed the AFL this morning (9.30am approx) asking for a please explain because I reckon it is a disgrace.  >:( :banghead >:( I am still waiting for a reply - what a surprise :banghead :help :banghead

Don't hold your breath WP. I think I've only ever received one reply back from them  :-\. Compare that to Miller who always replies as he did today  :thumbsup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Krakouer and Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 03:12:13 AM »
Tambling rapt to be 'home'
By Emma Quayle
The Age
Darwin
February 5, 2005

When Richard Tambling was drafted late last year, he could hardly wait to move from his Darwin home to Melbourne.

The Richmond recruit is still enamoured, if occasionally still overwhelmed, by his new, southern city. But visiting Jabiru, the small mining town on the edge of Kakadu National Park, where he spent three of his teenager years, Tambling was happy enough to be home.

The 18-year-old was greeted at the end of his half-hour flight from Darwin by his grandmother, and an uncle drove him, Andrew Krakouer and Peter Burgoyne to the local area school, to promote tonight's Indigenous All-Stars game and give the assembled kids some tips.

There, Tambling ran into an aunty, slung a couple of young cousins over his shoulder, and remembered the time he spent running around the local oval on his own, getting ready for the AFL career he always planned to have.

Tambling, whose family hails originally from a community just outside Darwin, lived with relatives in Jabiru and moved back to the city when he reached year 10 at school.

"I just used to run around the oval, every day. I'd run around there all the time, just by myself or with my cousin," Tambling said.

"We'd take it really seriously, like we were training ourselves, and then every weekend, we'd go into Darwin together and play footy.

"It was a good few years out here. It's a pretty peaceful place. It's good to come back and get to see everyone."

Still a couple of months out from what he hopes is his debut senior season, simply "one minute" of match time against the Western Bulldogs at Marrara Oval tonight would make Tambling glad he headed home for the weekend. He is likely to get much more than that, with Carlton youngster Andrew Walker the latest to join a long list of sidelined All-Stars, including captain Darryl White, Andrew McLeod, Xavier Clarke, Graham Johncock and Burgoyne.

Coach Michael McLean, who got his squad together for its first and only training run at Marrara last night, planned to draft a couple of local players into the team, which will still include the likes Des Headland, Shaun Burgoyne, Daniel Wells, Daniel Motlop, Aaron Davey, Matthew Whelan and replacement captain Chris Johnson.

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade plans to include about 30 players in his own team, including midfield recruit Ryan Griffen and Tim Walsh, the club's untried first selection from the 2002 draft. Scott West (fractured finger) and Shane Birss (knee) were excused from this week's Darwin trip to recover from their injuries. Midfielder Nathan Eagleton has had a back spasm and will not play.

Tambling, who has done little but eat, sleep and train his way through the first few months of his first pre-season, said tonight's game posed another challenge: remembering everyone's names.

"I told myself I have to remember every single person's nickname, so I'll be disappointed if I don't do that. I want to know them all by the start of the game," he said.

"I'm really excited about it. I used to watch all these guys on the TV and think that I wanted to be like them. To actually get to play with them and kick the ball to them is amazing."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/02/04/1107476802302.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
All Stars game now LIVE in all states on fox footy
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 03:25:55 AM »
Fox Footy channel to telecast Indigenous All Stars game
footygoss.com
Posted Feb 04, 2005 - 16:22 PM

AFL Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Demetriou announced today that Fox Footy Channel has been given the rights to broadcast tomorrow night's match against the Indigenous All-Stars and the Western Bulldogs.

The match to take place at Marrara Oval will be telecast at the following times-

8.30pm – Victoria, NSW, ACT, Tasmania

8.00pm – South Australia

7.30pm - Queensland

7.00pm - Northern Territory

5.30pm - Western Australia

http://www.footygoss.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=17123&POSTNUKESID=8201f2a4ac2e176e0cd9ccab26106529

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Re: Krakouer and Tambling in Aboriginal All-Stars game
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 06:33:58 AM »
Cool thanks for that guys,

I'm going to my old folks tomorrow with the family for Dinner, I will just have to be there before 5:30pm so I can watch Bling and Krakstar weave some magic.

;D :thumbsup :rollin

cant wait now.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
New Tiger makes a big splash
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 03:33:42 PM »
New Tiger makes a big splash
05 February 2005   
Herald Sun
Jon Ralph in Mildura

THE unveiling of Richmond's Richard Tambling has been postponed by two days, but seasoned track watchers say it will unquestionably be worth the wait.

The buzz surrounding 18-year-old Tambling continues to snowball, so much so that the untried youngster will join Andrew Krakouer in the Aboriginal All-Star side to face the Western Bulldogs in Darwin today.

It meant he skipped Richmond's first intra-club practice match in Mildura on Thursday, but Tiger fans won't have to wait too long to see him in the yellow and black.

Not only is Tambling startling onlookers at Punt Rd with his amazing pace and ball-gathering abilities, he has settled seamlessly into life in Melbourne.

Next week he will fly his girlfriend of three years, Amy, down to their new apartment in Preston, then knuckle down to the task of making his debut, preferably sooner rather than later.

Tambling played in a Northern Territory representative side against the Bulldogs last year and is hoping a good showing for the Aboriginal All-Stars will lead to senior matches with Richmond.

"It is amazing. I guess it is pretty good in a way because I get a bit of confidence in myself and I get a bit of experience playing against the Bulldogs again and hopefully I can develop from that and hopefully be a better player for Richmond," he said yesterday.

"I would just be grateful to get a run for five minutes in the last quarter of a game and I would be happy.

"Everyone has their goals and my goals is to play a few games of footy."

Tambling has already put 2.5kg of muscle on to a 72kg frame, and with his dazzling smile, shock of curly black hair and level-headed nature looms as an exceptional marketing commodity.

First though Richmond will wean him on AFL football this season, probably at half-forward and on a wing.

Tambling does allow his mind to drift forward to the possibility of an early call-up.

"Yeah, I do dream about it. I will probably wait until Round 1, until they announce the team, and if I miss out I will go home and sulk with Amy," he says with a laugh.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,12149234%255E19742,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: New Tiger makes a big splash
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 04:09:25 PM »
The buzz surrounding 18-year-old Tambling continues to snowball, so much so that the untried youngster will join Andrew Krakouer in the Aboriginal All-Star side to face the Western Bulldogs in Darwin today.

I'd rather Tambling come way from tonight's match with a unspectacular but consistent game which shows what he can do rather than not doing much yet bagging say 3 unbelievable goals and the media jumping up and down raving over him. We need to keep our expectations of both Deledio and Tambling in 2005 at a realistic level. This year is all about them adjusting to the speed and hits of AFL and helping their development both in skill and physique.