Author Topic: Richmond turns to 5 new recruits for season-opener against Carlton (Australian)  (Read 4484 times)

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
Gary March alluded to 10 changes from round 1 last year...

B:    Edwards    Moore         Newman
HB:  Farmer    McGuane      Thursfield
C:     Martin       Deledio         Nason
HF:  Hislop       Riewoldt      Tambling
F:    Roberts      Morton         Nahas
Foll: Simmonds   Jackson    Cotchin
Int: Vickery Cousins Connors Thomson

2011 guess

B:     Connors   McGuane     Batchelor
HB:  Astbury       Rance       Deledio
C:     Grigg         Martin       Newman
HF:   Houli        Riewoldt      Morton
F:     Taylor       Vickery       Nahas
Foll: Graham    Tuck     Cotchin
Int:  Jackson, Edwards, Foley
Sub: Conca

Emg: Derickx, White, Post

Out: Nahas
In  : Helbig

Also can't see Connors playing in the backline much more, he was recently quoted in an article saying hes being moved back onto a wing.

Also I hate to say this but if what we saw of Edwards and his kicking during the NAB challenge games is anything to go by then he could find himself playing for Coburg.

Depending on form I could see either one of Jakobi or Contin replacing Edwards if he doesn't clean up his skills.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Tigers will have five new players with Shaun Grigg, who crossed to Richmond against Carlton's wishes at the end of last season in the Collins trade, and former Bomber Bachar Houli certain to line up at the MCG, alongside their first three 2010 national draft choices.

Richmond's first and second picks, Reece Conca and defender Jake Batchelor, have enjoyed impressive pre-seasons but South Australian midfielder Brad Helbig has proved the surprise packet for the Tigers over the past month. All three were unofficially named after a closed training session yesterday at Punt Road.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-may-name-former-tiger-collins-20110322-1c57w.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
According to RichosGuns on BF:

Bit of a scoop. This is the squad for tomorrow night;

No real order-
Morton, Martin, White, Edwards, Nason, Cotchin, Foley, Batchelor, Dea, Rance, Riewoldt, Conca, Helbig, Post, Graham, Vickery, Deledio, Newman, Conners, Grigg
Houli, Nahas, Astbury, McGuane, Jackson

That should be 25... Only real surprises are no Tuck and Miller, while Nason, Dea and Post have made the squad of 25

Sauce: me @ training

Boys looking pretty sluggish though

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20460069&postcount=1

Dubstep Dookie

Prediction: - After we lose, watch the masses go turn feral on this site regarding Nahas and White's game

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
While its exciting to see new faces, the fact we are planning on playing 3 new recruits ontop of an already incredibly young team makes me feel sick  :chuck  All my self deluded, biased optimism is quickly fading back to reality the more I study the cold hard reality.

God I hope I'm wrong  :pray

gerkin greg

Harden up bitcht¡ts  :cheers

tony_montana

Prediction: - After we lose, watch the masses go turn feral on this site regarding Nahas and White's game

and highly likely with good reason  :rollin

Dubstep Dookie

and highly likely with good reason  :rollin

I'm with ya  :whistle