Author Topic: NAB Challenge 2 v Hawthorn in Shepparton this Friday night  (Read 16259 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: NAB Challenge 2 v Hawthorn in Shepparton this Friday night
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »
Just got an SMS from Gerks, he's got the arvo off work and is heading to the game.

At least one of us will be there to report back!

Cheers to Gerks  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »
Thanks for the garden path WP

http://www.afl.com.au/nab%20challenge%20ticketing/tabid/15700/default.aspx

With all due respect CUB

This weekend just gone membership tickets didn't get members into praccie games (that's what I got told by someone who went to one) so I based my answer on that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 09:36:43 PM »
I live in the Northern Suburbs only a 90 minute trip up the Hume.
Contemplating going.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »
Thanks for the garden path WP

http://www.afl.com.au/nab%20challenge%20ticketing/tabid/15700/default.aspx

With all due respect CUB
LOL, just playin wif ya.

Anyway would be nice to get some sort of confirmation, would be a pain to drive all the way there and not get in.

gerkin greg

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 09:27:55 AM »
Just got an SMS from Gerks, he's got the arvo off work and is heading to the game.

Now, now, you know the only reason i'd drive down from sydney in the middle of the day is to see you wife

Cheers to Mrs Dookie  :cheers

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 10:17:34 AM »
Dooksy has a beautiful wife that shares herself with all his mates. Long live the Dookies  :bow

:bow

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »

As I said before, I will be there  :)  50 min drive after work. That said I do know how you Melb guys feel trying to get there. I know what its like as its almost impossible for me to get to most games during the year.

I would hope they play a pretty near full strength side as you never know we could be drawn to play GWS next week (the last week of practice mathces) and that wouldnt be much of a lead up game for the full team.  Lets blow all the cobwebs out when we have the chance.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
From RFC twitter:

"Just a reminder, if you're heading to the #NABChallenge this week, show your membership card and get in for FREE! #gotiges"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »
There'll be live coverage of the game tomorrow night on the RFC website. Thanks RFCO :thumbsup

NAB Challenge - Richmond v Hawthorn

We will be bringing you all the action live from Shepparton this week, for our match against Hawthorn. The game kicks off at 7pm AEDT so tune in live for video coverage with commentary, as well as a live chat.

Video and chat modules will be active 15 minutes before the game.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/nab%20challenge/tabid/17196/default.aspx

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 07:09:05 PM »

As I said before, I will be there  :)  50 min drive after work. That said I do know how you Melb guys feel trying to get there. I know what its like as its almost impossible for me to get to most games during the year.

I would hope they play a pretty near full strength side as you never know we could be drawn to play GWS next week (the last week of practice mathces) and that wouldnt be much of a lead up game for the full team.  Lets blow all the cobwebs out when we have the chance.

Ill be there too! An hour and a half from  home is like a game just around the corner!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »
Dooksy has a beautiful wife that shares herself with all his mates. Long live the Dookies  :bow

:bow

Lol! You both wished.  :lol

Back to your ranga scraps.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 04:03:23 AM »

If it was a 2pm start I would drive up and back but 7pm counts me out.

Does anyone know if a local radio station is covering the game like last week as well as the RFC site?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 05:45:05 AM »
We could be having a practice match without any goalposts lol.

Goalpost short fall
Shepparton News

Deakin Reserve is without one vital piece of equipment – goalposts – for Friday night’s AFL preseason match between Hawthorn and Richmond.

A factory accident damaged new aluminium posts scheduled to arrive at the football ground last week.

Greater Shepparton City Council recreation and parks manager Brendan Gosstray said everything else was ready for the 7 pm match.

‘‘The ground’s looking a treat and ticket sales, although slow, are going okay,’’ Mr Gosstray said yesterday.

‘‘I think Shepparton has a history of crowds attending on the night rather than pre-booking.

‘‘I’m just sweating on getting the goalposts in and then we’re right.’’

Mr Gosstray said no special parking arrangements were necessary for the match.

‘‘The street layout works pretty well for (Deakin hosting) major events,’’ Mr Gosstray said.

‘‘We find traffic’s regulated pretty well if we let people find their own carpark and exit, rather than cordoning off (roads) and bottlenecking traffic.’’

Mr Gosstray said 6000 people would be an ideal crowd on Friday.

Collingwood and Hawthorn played in front of about 9500 people at Deakin Reserve in a 2008 AFL preseason match.

‘‘I don’t think there’s a crowd sector there without Collingwood,’’ Mr Gosstray said.

Tickets cost $15 for adults and $10 for concession.

Children under-15 and AFL, Hawthorn or Richmond members can enter for no charge.

Tickets are available at the council’s Welsford St building or Deakin Reserve.

Gates open from 5 pm on Friday.

http://www.sheppnews.com.au/article.aspx?id=1203722

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Primed for first bounce (Shepparton News)
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 01:06:31 PM »
They've found some goalposts lol ...

Primed for first bounce
Shepparton News
Friday, 4th March 2011

All is in readiness for tonight’s NAB Challenge match at Shepparton’s Deakin Reserve now that Greater Shepparton City Council’s goalpost drama is over.

Richmond and Hawthorn will continue their pre-season preparations ahead of this month’s official round-one start.

Kyabram’s Brett Deledio, Echuca’s Daniel Connors and Mansfield’s Andrew Browne will be in action for the Tigers, while Echuca-raised teenager Jordan Williams will play for the Hawks.

Richmond met St Kilda in a practice match at Deakin Reserve in 2009, while Essendon played an intra-club game at the venue last year.

There was some concern for council officers last week when a factory accident damaged new aluminium goalposts scheduled to arrive in time for tonight’s contest.

The council’s recreation and parks manager Brendan Gosstray yesterday said the goalposts arrived safely this week.

‘‘The last time I checked they were there, so I hope no-one steals them,’’ Gosstray said.

‘‘That got us sweating a bit because timing is everything. We put the footings down months ago, but the goalposts are there now so we’re happy.

‘‘Ticket sales are going very well and have really kicked along, so that’s good to see and the AFL inspected the ground today and gave it the all-clear.’’

Gosstray said council officers were anticipating a crowd of about 6000.

‘‘I reckon we’re still around that mark and would be rapt if it’s higher, but the crowd-pulling power of a Collingwood is worth another 30 or 40 per cent,’’ he said.

‘‘It gives people a chance in their own town to get down and see AFL at a local level and get closer to the players.

‘‘You don’t get that at an AFL match. There will be restrictions (on where the crowd can go) because we’re pretty much controlled by the AFL on access to the arena.’’

Gosstray, a Carlton fan, said players from both teams were making the trip to Shepparton today in separate cars rather than team buses.

Tickets cost $15 for adults and $10 for concession-card holders.

Children under-15 and AFL, Hawthorn and Richmond members gain free entry.

Tickets are available at the council’s Welsford St building or at Deakin Reserve.

Gates open from 5 pm and the match starts at 7 pm.

ONE FM 98.5 is broadcasting at the game from 6.30 pm.

http://www.sheppnews.com.au/article.aspx?id=1204553

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »
"crowd-pulling power of a Collingwood" ... Pfffft

:wallywink