Author Topic: Pre Season form  (Read 3646 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Pre Season form
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »
I would play Derickx as well :thumbsup

I also agree Derickx should play. Vickery has cemented a spot with his performances the last 3 weeks. Hopefully thats enough to be competitive ruck wise in R1. Cant play Angus or Browne ATM.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 11:05:02 PM »
I consider this a glorified practice game. Sure we were awful in the first and last quarter but I think that with the season 13 days away you would not want any injuries at this stage of the year.

We know we are still rebuilding if we can win more than 6 games I'll be happy.

This time last year to win four in a row was considered outlandish.

Coaches aren't stupid we may not have the best hand at the table right now but we aren't going to fully reveal it yet. I'm willing to wait and see. If in 18 months barring injuries on a grand scale to the playing list and we are still getting flogged and we look like winning no more than 5 games a season then I'll start

a) Wondering what it will take to fastrack the development of our players.

b) The magnitude of TW decay and destruction of our list and the inner sanctum was worse than what even the incumbents and us the fans could dream of and the finals dream gets pushed back another couple of years.

Right now you can't say we are or aren't on track with a list of kids. We can't judge the development of kids on today's effort.
In equivalent terms we are at where
St Kilda 2002 Geelong 2003 Hawthorn 2005 and mid 2006.
WIthin two years all 3 clubs had played finals and made a prelim with one winning a flag.

We have a declining Geelong, W Bulldogs St Kilda Carlton in terms of age who will need to reinvent their list that's four spots from last years finals that will be up for grabs in the next two years for a club with a young list to regiment itself there for a prolonged finals tilt.

Yes on todays effort we won't get to within 8 goals of the filth, but honestly Carlton at best are a 6-10 side, even this year
In 2009 83 points Totally horrible.
2010 56 points. There was something to like Martin, Nason kicked a few goals in a row.
2011 if we don't win I am optimistic we can further narrow the gap and if we do win even better.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 11:06:55 PM »
Obviously a very disappointing result.

You can't take much out of it though. No player gives it 100% 5 goals at 3 qtr time, you just take the peddle of the gas, why risk an injury for a miracle come back in a practice game?

The coaching staff learn alot from these losses, hopefully they can look to fix them early. Better to find them now then after a thrashing against the Blooze
Go Tigers!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »
I consider this a glorified practice game. Sure we were awful in the first and last quarter but I think that with the season 13 days away you would not want any injuries at this stage of the year.

We know we are still rebuilding if we can win more than 6 games I'll be happy.

This time last year to win four in a row was considered outlandish.

Coaches aren't stupid we may not have the best hand at the table right now but we aren't going to fully reveal it yet. I'm willing to wait and see. If in 18 months barring injuries on a grand scale to the playing list and we are still getting flogged and we look like winning no more than 5 games a season then I'll start

a) Wondering what it will take to fastrack the development of our players.

b) The magnitude of TW decay and destruction of our list and the inner sanctum was worse than what even the incumbents and us the fans could dream of and the finals dream gets pushed back another couple of years.

Right now you can't say we are or aren't on track with a list of kids. We can't judge the development of kids on today's effort.
In equivalent terms we are at where
St Kilda 2002 Geelong 2003 Hawthorn 2005 and mid 2006.
WIthin two years all 3 clubs had played finals and made a prelim with one winning a flag.

We have a declining Geelong, W Bulldogs St Kilda Carlton in terms of age who will need to reinvent their list that's four spots from last years finals that will be up for grabs in the next two years for a club with a young list to regiment itself there for a prolonged finals tilt.

Yes on todays effort we won't get to within 8 goals of the filth, but honestly Carlton at best are a 6-10 side, even this year
In 2009 83 points Totally horrible.
2010 56 points. There was something to like Martin, Nason kicked a few goals in a row.
2011 if we don't win I am optimistic we can further narrow the gap and if we do win even better.

Pretty much sums it up tucker, except they are not glorified practice matches, they are practice matches.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI