Author Topic: Richmond turns to 5 new recruits for season-opener against Carlton (Australian)  (Read 4487 times)

tony_montana

I think its not too far fetched to say each of these 5-6 can and will improve our side immediately with perhaps the exception of Helbig(who I wont make a call on bc I havent seen him). I'm excited seeing so many new faces - not expecting miracles but good to see there is evolution in the air.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
I think its not too far fetched to say each of these 5-6 can and will improve our side immediately with perhaps the exception of Helbig(who I wont make a call on bc I havent seen him). I'm excited seeing so many new faces - not expecting miracles but good to see there is evolution in the air.

They are all decent kick's, thats a good start!!

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star

I'm actually more excited about Helbig then the other players mentioned, this kid IMO will be something special.

He has a similar playing style to Dayne Beams, Midfield/HFF player with good skills, awareness and hard at it in the packs.

IMO if Helbig, Contin and Jakobi continue to develop these 3 will add another dimension to our midfield/forward line that will see the club take the next step into the 8.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
no mention of Miller ???

Hope Post plays

they said last Thursday night that Post wouldn't be playing.

He's coming back from sort of leg injury (can't remember what it was) and hasn't played enough durng the pre-season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
no mention of Miller ???

Hope Post plays

He's coming back from sort of leg injury (can't remember what it was) and hasn't played enough durng the pre-season

All of a sudden Vickery and even a great unloved Miller becomes extremely important to our forwardline depth. If neither step up in the absence of Griffiths and Post we will be serverly undermanned in tall forward options. We may find that Derickx slips into this position if everything continues to go pear shaped in this area of the ground.

The worst thing hear is that besides Jack, Miller is our next most experienced and capable tall forward option. The others are all untried at best.  :-\

Dubstep Dookie

Would rather have 'untried' than 'unable'.

Teams?  >:(

10 FLAGS

Looks like we are depending on Jack and Ty to kick us some goals on Thursday night.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Looks like we are depending on Jack and Ty to kick us some goals on Thursday night.

What about Brad Miller?
Surely we didn't recruit and then elevate him for his (wife's) good looks?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years

I'm actually more excited about Helbig then the other players mentioned, this kid IMO will be something special.

He has a similar playing style to Dayne Beams, Midfield/HFF player with good skills, awareness and hard at it in the packs.

IMO if Helbig, Contin and Jakobi continue to develop these 3 will add another dimension to our midfield/forward line that will see the club take the next step into the 8.

same here tige...havent seen Helbig but liked what i hear...saw a thing or two with Kakobi and to lesser extent with contin, sheesh if 2 froim 3 can come off we are a decent step forward
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

no mention of Miller ???

Hope Post plays

All of a sudden Vickery and even a great unloved Miller becomes extremely important to our forwardline depth. If neither step up in the absence of Griffiths and Post we will be serverly undermanned in tall forward options. We may find that Derickx slips into this position if everything continues to go pear shaped in this area of the ground.

The worst thing hear is that besides Jack, Miller is our next most experienced and capable tall forward option. The others are all untried at best.  :-\

Then again they might be a bit short, no Kruezer, no O'Helpme and Henderson is under an injury cloud so to play Miller might be an excess. Sure they have Waite but..... Horses for courses.

Got to keep their mosquito fleet under wraps Garlett, Betts, Yarran and that I poo Robinson who seems to play his most memorable matches against us. Also need someone to get up Scotlands ar$e and not come out out until the eve of Round 2.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond will test Mitch Farmer's heel today but it unlikely he will play in Thursday night's season-opening clash against Carlton, where there is expected to be a crowd of around 80,000 at the MCG. However, the Tigers are expected to name a slew of new faces in their team, including Bachar Houli and Shaun Grigg.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/countdown-for-reality-to-influence-fantasy-20110321-1c3ue.html

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
This is a bit of a dream result post, but if we did beat the Blues on Thursday, i'd love to see the following:

Cotch slicing up the Blues midfield with monotonous regularity.
Martin busting through tackles and fending off Judd numerous times then bursting away and delivering to...
Jack Riewoldt who completely dominates Thornton, Waite and whoever else they try on him.
Deledio and Newman breaking down Carlton thrust after Carlton thrust and sending the ball back where it came from twice as fast as it got to them.

;D
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Gary March alluded to 10 changes from round 1 last year...

B:    Edwards    Moore         Newman
HB:  Farmer    McGuane      Thursfield
C:     Martin       Deledio         Nason
HF:  Hislop       Riewoldt      Tambling
F:    Roberts      Morton         Nahas
Foll: Simmonds   Jackson    Cotchin
Int: Vickery Cousins Connors Thomson

2011 guess

B:     Connors   McGuane     Batchelor
HB:  Astbury       Rance       Deledio
C:     Grigg         Martin       Newman
HF:   Houli        Riewoldt      Morton
F:     Taylor       Vickery       Nahas
Foll: Graham    Tuck     Cotchin
Int:  Jackson, Edwards, Foley
Sub: Conca

Emg: Derickx, White, Post
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

What about Brad Miller?
Surely we didn't recruit and then elevate him for his (wife's) good looks?
Hopefully Miller is running around for Coburg on Saturday.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd