Author Topic: Rance cops 3 weeks [updated]  (Read 7505 times)

tony_montana

Re: Does Rance have anything to worry about from the Match Review Panel?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
He has more to worry from the selection committee

Are you sure you didn't accidentally watch a game of Rance's from 2 years ago?

Rance was one of our best. The ball was in our defensive 50 for 3/4's of the game. 

Wayne your normally on the mark but i have to disagree here.

He was shocking last night. If it werent for Newman our general we would;ve got done by 10 goals.

Rance is a younger version of Kosi. Has no vision at all and that just cant be teached.

Apparently i heard last night Malthouse was quoted as saying we like him, he has good hands goes in hard but lacks footy smarts out there and that is why they never selected him.

It wasnt his worst game but he just not cut out for it IMO

Daniel I normally agree with a lot of what you say but on this one I think you should watch a replay. He was very compossed and self assured and the couple of "deer in headlights" moments came from him being directly sold into trouble by team mates - cant do anything about that and all players have those moments. He's developing nicely and think he's making serious strides to become a long term defender.

Con65

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 02:36:12 PM »
Con I agree all can have an aberration and go through a form slump but as a part of our on field leadership group I just feel he was shocking last night and that whether its a one off or a weekly thing is unacceptable and needs to be addressed pronto.

Rance yes erred a few times last night but by the same token he really was good and for me that was one of his best games ever at the club. How one would want to drop Rance after that performance last night is beyond me.

Would like to know if Dimma makes an example of Deledio due to his stature within the playing group.

tuckerbag...i misunderstood you..sorry.

I agree - if I was on the match comittee, I would drop Lids...maybe not this week but if he was poor against the saints then definately.  The lack of chasing going the other way was not a good example to the others...

As for Rance I thought it was close to one of his best games for us...he really put in.  Still lacks awareness though.  His kickout was poor but the leaders at the club in defence (read newman and lids) should never have left him to kick out.  I would not drop Rance.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 03:04:15 PM »
Agree with Daniel. Rance has a good attitude and goes in hard. No one could fault him on his courage. The problem is when you dispose of the ball poorly or make a poor choice it really hurts the team. It puts too much pressure on others. It means that when the ball should have come out of defence it didn't. It led to the Blues having easy scoring shots. He will be on far better forwards than Walker in the future. Agree Newman played very well. Agree with comments shouldn't play cute in backline.

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »
Agree with Daniel. Rance has a good attitude and goes in hard. No one could fault him on his courage. The problem is when you dispose of the ball poorly or make a poor choice it really hurts the team. It puts too much pressure on others. It means that when the ball should have come out of defence it didn't. It led to the Blues having easy scoring shots. He will be on far better forwards than Walker in the future. Agree Newman played very well. Agree with comments shouldn't play cute in backline.

but thats just it eliminator - unless I was watching a completely different game he didn't do any of that - his disposal was very un rance like. He slammed it on the boot a couple of times but if u watch the replay he was sold into unecessary trouble by a teammate(ie not his fault) and the Betts rundown  he probably expected a shephard or call that he was hot

jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »

Correct

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »
He has more to worry from the selection committee

Are you sure you didn't accidentally watch a game of Rance's from 2 years ago?

Rance was one of our best. The ball was in our defensive 50 for 3/4's of the game. 

Wayne your normally on the mark but i have to disagree here.

He was shocking last night. If it werent for Newman our general we would;ve got done by 10 goals.

Rance is a younger version of Kosi. Has no vision at all and that just cant be teached.

Apparently i heard last night Malthouse was quoted as saying we like him, he has good hands goes in hard but lacks footy smarts out there and that is why they never selected him.

It wasnt his worst game but he just not cut out for it IMO

Daniel I normally agree with a lot of what you say but on this one I think you should watch a replay. He was very compossed and self assured and the couple of "deer in headlights" moments came from him being directly sold into trouble by team mates - cant do anything about that and all players have those moments. He's developing nicely and think he's making serious strides to become a long term defender.

Tony I actually agree with everything here. Dan you are right in so many things but IMHO opinion I think Rance really looked good last night. Best game I have seen him play for the club.

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »
Did I miss something?  The incident when Waite went down looked like a head clash on the TV replay.  Was there something else in it?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
What about that thug Waite sticking the foot out at McGuane.  :help

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 02:30:08 AM »
They showed this on Before The Game last night. Waite backheeled McGuane in the crown jewels  :-X. Sam Lane got embarrassed after she said the incident was "off the ball" before realising the pun lol.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »

I seriously don't understand how that can not go up  ??? He has kicked him ffs

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
Waite deserved it after his kick to McGuane's nuts early on.
Push up!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »
Knowing the MRP don't be surprised if McGuane gets pinged also for retaliating with a jab  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »
thought Rance was very good the other night.
Would be a foolish decision to drop him after that performance. He just might be turning the corner.
It is possible for players to improve parts of their game. Look how much Jack's goal kicking has improved. Rance has an obvious decision-making floor, but he also has a lot of enviable qualities, in his strength, speed, mobility and ferocity. This is the year that he needs to prove that he has improved his composure. Lets give him a chance.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rance cops 4 weeks
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »
Rance has copped 4 weeks (early plea reduces it to 3)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Rance cops 4 weeks from the Match Review Panel
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 04:44:21 PM »
Charges Laid:

Alex Rance, Richmond, has been charged with a Level Four engaging in rough conduct offence against Jarrad Waite, Carlton, during the second quarter of the Round One match between Richmond and Carlton, played at the MCG on Thursday March 24, 2011.

In summary, he can accept a three-match sanction with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), high impact (three points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of seven activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Four offence, drawing 425 demerit points and a four-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 318.75 points and a three-match sanction.

Source: Herald-Sun & 3aw