Author Topic: Boomer Harvey clips Hardwick - Fair or Not?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Boomer Harvey clips Hardwick - Fair or Not?
« on: April 22, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
"that game against Collingwood in R16, they were flying and we didn't play great. But we did a really thorough review. Richmond lost to Carlton by more than 100 points and they binned that game. Brad didn't, he said "let's have a really good look at this". And we learnt so much from that, just looking at the stoppages and kick outs and everything else. I know we didn't play finals Footy last year but I think we took a lot from that game that we are using now"

Some perspective from Boomer in this mornings Herald Sun it will be  interesting to see who makes a genuine improvement this year.
It looks as though they see themselves in competition with us for that lower Top 8 position on the ladder this year.
They have a win over a top 4 side already this year so it's 1-nil

What are your thoughts on how we reviewed that game?
Will it make any difference to our progress this season?
Is there something in what Boomer has said?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Boomer Harvey clips Hardwick - Fair or Not?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 11:05:02 AM »
Correct

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 11:35:56 AM »
Teams like the kangas, despite their lack of support have a strong winning culture.
Richmond doesn't.... Yet.

Essendon have a winning culture. That's why despite what many people on here think of their list, will mostly be competetive in big matches like anzac day etc.
Unfortunately we don't have that win at all costs, success bred culture .... Yet.

Hawthorn, Collingwood, carlscum also have it as do Adelaide and Westcoke Eagles.

We don't have it yet. We still have a loser culture at the moment.

Hopefully it's changing.   
The club that keeps giving.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »
do you guys seriously think internally dimma and the tigers binned that game, bs..... whats said to the media is not always what really happens

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »
do you guys seriously think internally dimma and the tigers binned that game, bs..... whats said to the media is not always what really happens

Why on earth would you keep that secret? :huh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »

Agree. Took the heat out of it.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »

Agree. Took the heat out of it.

That takes the heat out of it? Funny theory and weird message to players on how do deal with mediocrity.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.