Author Topic: Direct from Dimma email  (Read 11714 times)

dwaino

Re: Direct from Dimma email
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »
What were you cooking? :lol :rollin :lol

:rollin

Just veggie hot dogs but it was bad timing!! Wasn't expecting him on at all and was halfway through frying crap (and copped a decent whack in the eyes from vengeful onions... anyone got any tips for that!!?). But it was a good interview. He was asked about our players bombing the ball, but he said that's a confidence thing. He said it takes time for players to be confident enough to cut a ball inside and they can't always pick someone out down the line. So they pick the most conservative option which is the spray. He also said defenders take longer than anyone else to develop and went through how inexperienced our line is (not as in excuses though! Insider conveniently had a chart ready with our defender's games played). He's expecting Grimes to have a break out year similar to Rance's 2011, and that we'll rotate two talls through Cloke and Dawes depending on whoever is firing at the time since we won't be able to roll with a third tall. Some plays were broken down and I resigned to the fact that I was never going to remember it all. Went for like 10mins!

Was asked on the draw. He didn't want to give away too much, but said 2 and 3 would of been excellent. The players might have choked a bit after being so pumped up by the hype and the crowd. At Geelong and up at Manuka there were only small crowds. He also said facing an undermanned Geelong and GWS may not of been the best preparation in comparison to Carlton's pre-season where they worked hard.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »
email anyone?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 01:09:50 PM »
Haven't got mine yet
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
Terry just texted telling me to fire up the jacuzzi, but nothing from Damien yet... :-[

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »

Just veggie hot dogs but it was bad timing!! Wasn't expecting him on at all and was halfway through frying crap (and copped a decent whack in the eyes from vengeful onions... anyone got any tips for that!!?). But it was a good interview. He was asked about our players bombing the ball, but he said that's a confidence thing. He said it takes time for players to be confident enough to cut a ball inside and they can't always pick someone out down the line. So they pick the most conservative option which is the spray. He also said defenders take longer than anyone else to develop and went through how inexperienced our line is (not as in excuses though! Insider conveniently had a chart ready with our defender's games played). He's expecting Grimes to have a break out year similar to Rance's 2011, and that we'll rotate two talls through Cloke and Dawes depending on whoever is firing at the time since we won't be able to roll with a third tall. Some plays were broken down and I resigned to the fact that I was never going to remember it all. Went for like 10mins!

Was asked on the draw. He didn't want to give away too much, but said 2 and 3 would of been excellent. The players might have choked a bit after being so pumped up by the hype and the crowd. At Geelong and up at Manuka there were only small crowds. He also said facing an undermanned Geelong and GWS may not of been the best preparation in comparison to Carlton's pre-season where they worked hard.

So no Post this week then?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 03:22:13 PM »
Depends if Grimesy the weirdo is playing small or tall I guess

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
Should be out tomorrow

dwaino

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »

So no Post this week then?

I was thinking the same thing. He said we couldn't afford to go in with the extra tall. But I'm not sure if they refer to Grimes being a tall or not. Spewing that this interview isn't up on Fox Footy (yet). It was a real ripper and I think a lot of people here would of been interested to have some insight to what the coach of our back 6 had to say.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »
Should be out tomorrow

lets hope he caught up this week trying to devise
a plan to beat the pies..

dont wanna see another repeat of last week.

spin spin spin....

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2012, 08:16:17 PM »
Should be out tomorrow

lets hope he caught up this week trying to devise
a plan to beat the pies..

dont wanna see another repeat of last week.

spin spin spin....

Anyone for snake oil?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2012, 07:26:43 PM »
Should be out tomorrow

I know its lowesh on the priority list but still.....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
Should be out tomorrow

I know its lowesh on the priority list but still.....

Hold on till Tuesday then he can combine a first two rounds email. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
can only mean good news in that he is really
working on the downfall of the mudpies on Sat.
no time for emails.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
How hard would it be for him to write

"we lost because we were crap"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2012, 11:10:44 AM »
How hard would it be for him to write

"we lost because we were crap"

We weren't that bad flagman.