Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Hawks?  (Read 7551 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week's game against the Hawks?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 11:54:22 AM »
out nahas - sick of him taking on the world and always getting caught, he needs to know when to go or dish a handball off

That's what Hardwick has told him to do although I think the licence needs to be tightened when Robbie gets the ball in defense.

i dont but that crap, sure he has a licence but effing common sense must come first, when he snapped at goal to be a hero and kicked oof, he had 3 tiger players infront of him facing the goals who had a better shot , yet he had to be a hero and eff it up
thats being selfish and thinking u r better than u r, he hasnt a licence for that

Yep spot on, I was more referring to him taking on the traffic so much.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 05:17:20 PM »
Nason for Edwards
Thursfield/Grimey for mcGone

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 05:22:57 PM »
Just watched the replay again ( 2nd time ) once when I got home from the game last night and and again this morning.
A real worry is one Daniel Connors

hmm, the three players that need to be under notice with varying degrees of sub par performance are

Connors...not winning the one on ones he did last year and use of the pill is ridiculously poor, has he hit a target yet in 2011
Astbury...His confidence looks to be shot right now, has he taken an overhead mark this year, punches when he should swallow a sitter and is too easily out namourvered...needs a spell in ressies to get some leather poisoning and confidence back
Edwards...he's just hanging on, did a couple of things later in the game that counted apart from that he's a shadow of what he showed us in 2010...must and can do better
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
Just watched the replay again ( 2nd time ) once when I got home from the game last night and and again this morning.

hmm, the three players that need to be under notice with varying degrees of sub par performance are

Connors...not winning the one on ones he did last year and use of the pill is ridiculously poor, has he hit a target yet in 2011
Astbury...His confidence looks to be shot right now, has he taken an overhead mark this year, punches when he should swallow a sitter and is too easily out namourvered...needs a spell in ressies to get some leather poisoning and confidence back
Edwards...he's just hanging on, did a couple of things later in the game that counted apart from that he's a shadow of what he showed us in 2010...must and can do better

Totally agree.
Astbury really struggling in  2011.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »
Astbury is really no different to the journey Conca is on.

Not easy being a KP Defender on a team when you just turned 20.

I think given the circumstances he's doing okay and there is no point playing him at Coburg.  Nothing to be gained for him there.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 05:50:57 PM »
Mcguane
Edwards  OUT

Grimes     
Thursfield  IN
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 05:56:26 PM »
I think Astbury is struggling with his extra size, he put on a massive amount this preaseaon and he doesn't look anywhere near as agile as he was
Shame as he looked really good in the first NAB Cup games against the filth & the scum

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 06:52:13 PM »

I think given the circumstances he's doing okay and there is no point playing him at Coburg.  Nothing to be gained for him there.

Agree TA.  Let's not forget that Hardwick has stated on many occasions now that this year will still be about learning and getting many more games into young legs, regardless of the state or outcome of the game.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 07:44:09 PM »
Astbury = second year blues, he will come good.

Nahas = Don't believe he is selfish, just think he had trouble managing the intensity of situations he found himself in and made poor decisions. needs to get better under pressure.

Edwards = Same boat as Nahas. The intensity at times clearly inhibits his ability to kick effectively, games and time should fix this, as he will learn to relax and give himself a little more time with his disposal.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
watched a bit of the Coburg game today. 

Nason and Webberly
for
Nahas and Edwards

They were both in the play quite a bit from what i saw.

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 08:41:24 PM »
out nahas - sick of him taking on the world and always getting caught, he needs to know when to go or dish a handball off

That's what Hardwick has told him to do although I think the licence needs to be tightened when Robbie gets the ball in defense.

i dont but that crap, sure he has a licence but effing common sense must come first, when he snapped at goal to be a hero and kicked oof, he had 3 tiger players infront of him facing the goals who had a better shot , yet he had to be a hero and eff it up
thats being selfish and thinking u r better than u r, he hasnt a licence for that

should have been dragged for that

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 09:25:08 PM »

not entirely the same, conca I see as a mini Newy..in a month or so I reckon we will see some decent strides taken by the lad...as for astbury we are in the unusual position of having a number of tall defenders in our ranks...much the same age and TBH shades variance in ablity. Thursty, Gourdis or GRIMES could be given Astburys time...in particular grimes that looks to be putting quality game time together at VFL level
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 01:03:17 AM »
Astbury has been given bigger roles this year compared to 2010. He was effectively a 3rd tall/rebounder lasy year; this year he's now meant to hold down a key defensive post. The added responsibility (he's also allowed to sit in on our leadership group meetings) will take time to adjust to.

As for changes - Grimes was our best defender yesterday for Coburg but I don't reckon he had the body yet to play on a Franklin or Roughhead. Thursty will probably come in now for McGuane.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 01:10:48 AM »

Totally agree.
Astbury really struggling in  2011.

Did a Kane Johnson last nite backing into a marking situation and making it appear he was unaware he could have taken the mark,instead allowing the pill to deflect off his one handed,scared effort at marking.

Gutless.

Not committed.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:46:02 PM by one-eyed »

Ox

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 01:14:12 AM »
Foley out.
Spongehead Bob in.

Wats the point ?
He's surfing on the talent around him and they have al passed him by.