Author Topic: Who would be in your Richmond Team of the Century  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: Who would be in your Richmond Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2005, 08:55:42 PM »
My team of the century would be:

Sheedy Thorpe Wright
McCormack G.Strang Keane
Bourke Stewart Clay
Northey Hart Bartlett
Weightman Titus Morris
Bentley Dyer Harris

Int: Raines Barrot Green @ of course Mopsy Fraser if he was not under suspension at the time!!

Coach: Tommy Hafey

froars

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2005, 07:27:27 AM »
Can i ask why people rate Stewart ahead of Barrot?  I know Stewart won 3 Brownlows, but at his time at Richmond i don't think he surpassed the deeds of Billy, even though he won a Brownlow.  Billy was a superstar in his own right.  BOG in '67 Grand Final etc etc.

Now Billy is my favourite player of all time at RFC so i'm very biased lol, but I'd like your views on why you chose Stewart ahead of him if you did.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2005, 03:47:13 PM »
Can i ask why people rate Stewart ahead of Barrot?  I know Stewart won 3 Brownlows, but at his time at Richmond i don't think he surpassed the deeds of Billy, even though he won a Brownlow.  Billy was a superstar in his own right.  BOG in '67 Grand Final etc etc.

Now Billy is my favourite player of all time at RFC so i'm very biased lol, but I'd like your views on why you chose Stewart ahead of him if you did.

It was toughy and I guess you're expected in these things to only go on what they did a Richmond but I went for Stewart based on him arguably being the better footballer. To achieve greatness at two different VFL/AFL clubs is a mighty achievement. Add to that 2 flags, 3 brownlows, B&F at two different clubs and Richmond, St Kilda and Tassie team of the century member. Also the fact that the Club swapped Barrot for Stewart and was vindicated came into mind.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2005, 09:50:39 PM »
I went for Stewart and put Barrot on the interchange bench as I thought He would be a better fill in around the ground