Author Topic: To little from to few  (Read 2078 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
To little from to few
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:55:52 AM »
To little from to few.
Once again our good players played well and the rest are a bunch of duds. Take away our first round draft picks since we drafted Lids in the National draft and the rest are a bunch of rabble. Not one of them would get a regular game at Collingwood(best side at present)
Our first rounders have been really great pick ups (JON excluded) but that’s the easy pick IMO. It’s the other picks where these recruiters earn their money/respect. Not ONE later pick has turned out to be a surprise in terms of becoming a star or even a very good player.
Every other club has picked a gem in the draft with a late pick. Only picking up one ‘walk up start’ every year will get you nowhere! It puts you on the same playing field as the premier from that year or even worse.
I know it’s early days on some but when you take a look at the list, it is pretty damming! And how long do we have to put up with the same poo from year to year?
2004  (our first pick was Lids)
Tambling    - Gone and poohouse                      
Meyer  -  Gone
Pattison   -  Gone
Polo    - Gone
McGuane   - solid at best
Limbach    -  Who??
Mark Graham    Gone/enough said
2005    (JON)
Hughes   -  Gone
Casserly     -   Gone
2006     (Jack)
Edwards    -    No good
Conners   -   Out this week and probably in the last 5 picked in OUR side every week
Peterson  -  Gone
Collins  -   Gone
2007     (Cotchin)
Rance   -   Border line at best
Putt    -  Gone
2008      (Vickory))
Post   -  Will not make it
Hislop   -   Got to be joking!!!!
2009    (Martin)
Griffiths   -   Ok signs but not holding my breath
Astbury  -  Over rated and personally don’t think will be anything
Dea    -    Cannot see it
Taylor   -   Got to hard- Gone
Webberley  -   VFL footballer
Nason  -   Skinny, weak, wouldn’t get a game for Balwyn
Nahas  -  Good tryer, but can see why most dislike him
Browne  -   Slow, cannot see him making it
2010      (Conca)
Batchelor  -  may be OK, early signs are good but seen it before
Helbig   -   Like the kid but just a good hard at it player, no real skill
MacDonald   -   not sure
Derickx   -   not sure
Gourdis    Gone at the end of the year

Pretty easy to see why we are pathetic!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: To little from to few
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 01:17:32 AM »
Useless post, doesn't need or even deserve it's own thread

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:13:09 AM »
another "we lost so I sook" post.

listing players that are no longer at the club or didn't play last night  :wallywink
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »

listing players that are no longer at the club or didn't play last night  :wallywink
That was my point, only five players outside of our first round picks from the 04 draft played last night. Not sooking (use to losing) just an observation that our drafting or development needs work. Can not seem to find anyone worth anything outside of our frist round picks.
Sorry to bore you and Infamy.  :cheers

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
meaningless post, our strike rate is improving, sure the jury is out on a few....tell me a club where that aint the case ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
Dont worry about Infamy BT he is still trying to convince his everyone his love childs Edwards & Taylor will make it at this level.

BT is pretty close to the mark you would think, although Astbury i would say is a win for us.

Griffiths to early to call.

Dea, Webberley, Browne havent seen enough of them yet to judge.

Nason, Nahas, Hislop, Connors, Rance, Edwards, Taylor. Well its fair to say BT is 100% on the money apart from a select few.

Not including the 2010 draft selections, i would say overall its been pretty bad

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:01:01 AM »
Dont worry about Infamy BT he is still trying to convince his everyone his love childs Edwards & Taylor will make it at this level.
Oh please, find me one post of mine that in any way suggests that this is the case

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:27 AM »
You been singing his praises in past years maybe you should go back on your own posts.

This is what you wrote in 2009 on Edwards and there are plenty more of your loose posts..hahahahahahaha

I gave him a 7, which is probably a touch too high, however it was more in regards to the 2nd half of the season
Not all players can be superstars in their first 3 years, especially at such a light build
Regardless, his 2nd half of the season he showed real promise and I'm sure he will build on that next year

or this
Quote from: daniel161 on September 29, 2008, 08:58:26 PM
put him up for trade.

Another skinny pocket flanker who will bring us down. His stats show he produced a similar year than the last.

The Richmond FC have no effin dea and i bet the like of Edwards, Thursfield will be no more heavier than what they were this year.

If they are not going to turn these anorexic players into men then get rid of them.

and your response

You idiot

The jokes on you pal. The reason we are a failure as a football club is because we are persisting with blokes like him.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
I hardly see what I've said there makes them my "love childs" (sic)
I rated Edwards effectively a 6.5 for his years' performance that year and hoped he could build on it which he did by winning the most improved player at the club in 2010.

You called to trade Edwards back in 2008 after 2 seasons of AFL just because he was skinny and I called you an idiot, I think that's fair, I stand by that comment as you're still an idiot.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »
I rated Edwards effectively a 6.5 for his years' performance that year and hoped he could build on it which he did by winning the most improved player at the club in 2010.

You called to trade Edwards back in 2008 after 2 seasons of AFL just because he was skinny and I called you an idiot, I think that's fair, I stand by that comment as you're still an idiot.

well einstein which part of what i said was not right. All of it is 100% right, he is still skinny and cannot play.

Once again you have been owned

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »

well einstein which part of what i said was not right. All of it is 100% right, he is still skinny and cannot play.

He can play, he just is clearly having kicking issues, not sure if it's linked to his injuries over preseason to have made it worse but it's definitely an issue as he needed it to improve, not fall away.
However he knows how to get the ball, has elite agility, elite endurance and is very creative in linking up play, so it's a little more complicated than just he "cannot play", but I know you are a simple person so it doesn't surprise me that this is as much as your brain can compute.

Owned? How? I don't think you have ever, or ever will "owned" me

Still waiting on some "ownage" on how Troy Taylor is my love child also

Ox

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »

That was my point, only five players outside of our first round picks from the 04 draft played last night. Not sooking (use to losing) just an observation that our drafting or development needs work. Can not seem to find anyone worth anything outside of our frist round picks.
Sorry to bore you and Infamy.  :cheers

BigBone and lady friends,
as narcissistic as my appraisals of the team and indi performances are,I'm okay with the progress so far,especially considering we're bringing inexperienced kids into the fray with a sink or swim approach.

it's something Wallace,Spud etc didn't do,regardless of the shortage of actual NEW talent during those eras.

It's immature to rant about a group who are 4 games old, as much as there are problems that need to be (and are being) addressed.

I see an emulative process in order in regards to gameplan which eventually will complete itself when the team also adds it's own styles,strengths and personal demons.

I'll be disappointed if we don't win 8-10 and even more disappointed if we go backwards.

If Titch stays in i'm tipping him to kick 3

jackstar is back again

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »
Elite endurance , oh please. wasnt to elite chasing Daisy Thomas the other night, now he is Elite.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »

He can play, he just is clearly having kicking issues, not sure if it's linked to his injuries over preseason to have made it worse but it's definitely an issue as he needed it to improve, not fall away.
However he knows how to get the ball, has elite agility, elite endurance and is very creative in linking up play, so it's a little more complicated than just he "cannot play", but I know you are a simple person so it doesn't surprise me that this is as much as your brain can compute.

Owned? How? I don't think you have ever, or ever will "owned" me

Still waiting on some "ownage" on how Troy Taylor is my love child also

hahahhahahaha With edwards its simple. A few good games last year maybe 5, one or 2 the year before and thats it. 5 years in the system and still looks like one of Terry's little alter boys.
Did you not see Blair push him to the ground or were you absent from this game too.
He cant kick or tackle which last time i checked is a part of our game. Yes he can move through traffic at times but so could Tivendale, Mcmahon and Tambling at times.

The guy wont be a part of our Grand Final side. You can glorify it all you like its pretty straight forward but it is you we are talking about here so i understand the delay in understanding the message.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »
Elite endurance , oh please. wasnt to elite chasing Daisy Thomas the other night, now he is Elite.
Daisy has great burst speed, Edwards doesn't so much
Edwards has always had top endurance, tested as such as a junior and one of the reasons the coaches love him is that he runs all day to create an option