Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 227089 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1200 on: October 11, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
I already answered your question. Your from Tassie, I know that but seriously

lol......I was waiting for the insults to start :wallywink :wallywink You haven't answered my question in any shape or form and honestly what does being from Tasmanian have anything to do with what I have posted?
Grow some Balls mate and put out there what you think the club should be doing this trade period! Clearly you to scared to put your neck on the line :wallywink :wallywink

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1201 on: October 11, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »
In all fairness we are only really after a ruckman and there ain't any big name ruckmen on the market?
Also it seem's that we are over looking the fact that we aren't really in a position to go after a big fish...You have to give somthing good to get something good and we don't have Shlt.......

When you have given supporters crap return over 30 years of misery, when your supporters rattled tins for the club to survive, when those same supporters buy huge numbers of memberships keeping our club at the forefront and when those supporters contribute $3 million in 12 months to a fighting fund - then you have an obligation to provide hope. If Richmond leaves this trade week having done mini level trades then they can all get stuffed in the administration. It just means that they want our money so they can live on great salaries and they have the attitude that we can all get stuffed. Well I will wait till Monday. I hope Im wrong, but I seen this movie too many times, rubbish level trades and then the apologists come out to defend the clubs administration. But I will I wait and as I said If Im wrong I will apologise on Monday afternoon.  :cheers

One of the most senseless, short-sighted posts I've heard in a while.  Glad your not in charge.

Truth hurts but its time for the administration to do something for the supporters and provide hope.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1202 on: October 11, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »
10F, We have tried the big trades and where that get us?

Nathan Brown, Kane Johnston, Justin Blumfield :huh, Troy Simmonds were all big names at the time of being traded and where did that end up?

Big trades will become much more relevant when/if we start getting into the 8 - the Hawks pretty much have it down pat IMO.

I would also argue that this thread would be more relevant next year when free agency begins. Who we keep and who we get will be where the club will truly begin to prove whether or not they can give your hard earned a return.

All players mentioned above were all past there best footy :banghead Hardly big names, Brown HAD A BIG HEAD, still has

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1203 on: October 11, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
Thing that poos me is all the talk before the week that we were going to be active and 'land a big fish' and it all turns out to be total crap (thus far).

I don't care whether we trade or not as long as we keep improving and drafting well but it would be nice to lose the spin, which poos me more than anything else the admin do.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1204 on: October 11, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »
In all fairness we are only really after a ruckman and there ain't any big name ruckmen on the market?
Also it seem's that we are over looking the fact that we aren't really in a position to go after a big fish...You have to give somthing good to get something good and we don't have Shlt.......

When you have given supporters crap return over 30 years of misery, when your supporters rattled tins for the club to survive, when those same supporters buy huge numbers of memberships keeping our club at the forefront and when those supporters contribute $3 million in 12 months to a fighting fund - then you have an obligation to provide hope. If Richmond leaves this trade week having done mini level trades then they can all get stuffed in the administration. It just means that they want our money so they can live on great salaries and they have the attitude that we can all get stuffed. Well I will wait till Monday. I hope Im wrong, but I seen this movie too many times, rubbish level trades and then the apologists come out to defend the clubs administration. But I will I wait and as I said If Im wrong I will apologise on Monday afternoon.  :cheers

One of the most senseless, short-sighted posts I've heard in a while.  Glad your not in charge.

Truth hurts but its time for the administration to do something for the supporters and provide hope.

How true, the truth does hurt.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1205 on: October 11, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »
I know where 10F is coming from, unfortunately trade period is bull$%t. The whole period is just bogus, free agency will make it more interesting, clubs value their assets far to highly. Paul Bower has suddenly become Silvagni an Mitch Clark is Wayne Carey, is just a waste of time.

Where I will judge the club is the delistings, I appreciate the fact we are trying to ship off McGuane who is contracted. It's hard to criticise the club not landing a big fish if a) none is available b) none want to come and c) we have nothing offer is one comes along. So I don't think we can criticise the club for not landing players, last years trade period was a success.

The big big big challenge for our clubs is to successful move on the players that are no good. Now with trading out the ones contracted and delist the ones that aren't.

Will know we're our admin is at come list lodgement..
Go Tigers!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1206 on: October 11, 2011, 08:07:44 PM »
Thing that poos me is all the talk before the week that we were going to be active and 'land a big fish' and it all turns out to be total crap (thus far).

I don't care whether we trade or not as long as we keep improving and drafting well but it would be nice to lose the spin, which poos me more than anything else the admin do.

Mate, we cant even put the bait on the hook, let alone catch a 'minnow"" ::)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1207 on: October 11, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
most of you cant see we are going around in circles.
As has been evident in recent times with the recruiting of guys like Farmer, Taylor , Roberts etc
These are all recent recruits,  :banghead :banghead :banghead
Sorry, but I am with Flags on this :gotigers

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I was waiting for you to chime in, once again it proves you only ever post when there's a chance to bash the club :wallywink

I will put the same question to you and I bet you wont answer either....
Who should the club be targeting this trade period and what should we be offering for them??

C'mon smart arse......

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1208 on: October 11, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
problem is trade week we offer the likes of Morton, Connors etc.
NOBODY WANTS THEM PEOPLE !!!

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1209 on: October 11, 2011, 08:09:24 PM »
Since when does 'supporters return' come from the club reeling off big trades at trade week????   :-[

you do realize that to get something significant you have to give up something significant? They basically cancel each other out.

Come on, you made a terrible comment about the club not landing something big and therefor failing supporters at trade week. Then you have tried to divert attention from it by rehashing some old horse poo about old club failures that we have all heard before,  and then talking yourself up as some renegade who 'calls it like it is.'   :wallywink

Admit it, you made a poo call. Lets all move on. Either that, or you actually believe what you said and you are just a gimp.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1210 on: October 11, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »
problem is trade week we offer the likes of Morton, Connors etc.
NOBODY WANTS THEM PEOPLE !!!

So who should we be offering FFS :banghead :banghead :banghead

tony_montana

« Reply #1211 on: October 11, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
why don't you give us an example of a trade that would satisfy you flagman?

I'm not working at Richmond so I dont have the ability to do anything. I have simply put up an argument that our administration never produces anything at trade time, they havent done so for years but year in year out they basically beg us for memberships, fighting funds, jack dyer foundations, raffles etc etc. All Im saying is

WHERE IS THE RETURN FOR THE SUPPORTERS?

Truth is there is none and there hasnt been any return for us for 3 decades. Im not an apologist for the clubs admin like some others. I call it how I see it - our administration has constantly failed to provide any hope for the supporters.

Mate, you flogging a dead horse :banghead :banghead Unfortunately if you don't like it get off the train...... :wallywink

And thats the truth of it. YOU all know what Im saying is true but you dont want to admit it. As I said, I will apologise on Monday if they produce a decent trade for a big name but if not, I will be back asking the same question- Where is the return for the supporters and why should we continue to fund an administration that never gives any hope to the supporters. Until next Monday lads  ;D

I agree with you Flags.
If anyone at Punt Rd had anything the resembled a brain.
You would target players from the top 4 clubs, NOT bottom clubs.
Players who have played finals recently or just missed out could bring something to our club.
A ruckman who cant get a game at Adelaide would bring a cold , and thats about it,
No winning culture, no finals experience, NOTHING.
Thats why we have been failures for 30 years.

I disagree with this to an extent J - that is a sure fire way to pay premium rates for a player whose deficiencies are covered up by playing in a quality team. There are PLENTY of talented players at bottom clubs and its easier to get them bc a lot more of them may not be at the top of their form. Easier to get a Bate type cheaper from struggling Melbourne than if he was playing at a top 4 side.

Thats what distinguishes the top recruiters from the pack - got to have the eye to be able to identify strengths in players that will benefit us even if their perceived current form is crap due to playing in a crap side.

I dont expect the world from the club just NO DUMB ERRORS like a second rounder for Maric

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1212 on: October 11, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »
most of you cant see we are going around in circles.
As has been evident in recent times with the recruiting of guys like Farmer, Taylor , Roberts etc
These are all recent recruits,  :banghead :banghead :banghead
Sorry, but I am with Flags on this :gotigers

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I was waiting for you to chime in, once again it proves you only ever post when there's a chance to bash the club :wallywink

I will put the same question to you and I bet you wont answer either....
Who should the club be targeting this trade period and what should we be offering for them??

C'mon smart behind......

Would of offered North Melbourne either Edwards/Foley/Griffiths for Hamish McIntosh. Maybe even 2 of them
POINTLESS offerring rubbish players.

Would of all tried to get Jarrod Waite for say a Griffiths.and a pick

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1213 on: October 11, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
10F, We have tried the big trades and where that get us?

Nathan Brown, Kane Johnston, Justin Blumfield :huh, Troy Simmonds were all big names at the time of being traded and where did that end up?

Big trades will become much more relevant when/if we start getting into the 8 - the Hawks pretty much have it down pat IMO.

I would also argue that this thread would be more relevant next year when free agency begins. Who we keep and who we get will be where the club will truly begin to prove whether or not they can give your hard earned a return.

All players mentioned above were all past there best footy :banghead Hardly big names, Brown HAD A BIG HEAD, still has

LMAO. Nathan Brown was 25-26 when we got him. He was having his best ever year in 05 until he snapped his leg off. Troy Simmonds had a career best year in 2006. Johnson went on to captain the club and Blumfield never wanted to play for us anyway

tony_montana

« Reply #1214 on: October 11, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »

You talk a lot of sense TBR - this is my biggest gripe with the club. I cant stand BS propaganda machines. For this very reason I was pretty annoyed that we came out publicly with the 3-0-75. Not so much the debt and membership aims but to say we expect 3 finals series by 2014 now means we need to make finals 2012-14, if we dont make finals next year (and personally I dont believe we realistically can do it yet) the media will bring up the quotes and make Dimmas life hell. The club continually seem to put their foot in their mouth by making these types of silly unnecesary statements. KEEP IT INTERNAL.