Author Topic: Tigers vs Bulldogs game thread  (Read 13870 times)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Bulldogs game thread
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 01:46:08 PM »
NEED THE 19TH MAN THERE MORE THAN EVER!!!!!!

Rosen Those lungs.

It's TIGER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »
Sportal's tipping the Dogs by 11 points...

WE THINK:
This shapes as an intriguing contest with big ramifications for both sides. The Dogs have just two wins this season and desperately need to find their top form if they are to challenge for a top four spot again this year. While for the Tigers, it will be a great measuring stick to see just how much they have improved.

In years gone by the Dogs would see this match as an ideal chance to improve their percentage. The past three times they have won by a combined 187 points and they have not lost to Richmond since the beginning of 2005.

But don't expect a similar result this time round. The young Tigers are playing with real belief and last week's win over Fremantle would have done wonders for their confidence. The Dogs, without some of their key players, look ripe for the picking but they still should have enough experience to get over the line a tight battle.

Western Bulldogs by 11 points.

Full article at:
http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/preview-western-bulldogs-v-richmond-122026

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »
I think if we win this game which we should, we will it by a comfortable margin, could be in excess of 10 goals. :thumbsup

Gee, the 4 points and extra percentage would put us one step closer to finishing 9th

Or it may put us in the 8... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
I think if we win this game which we should, we will it by a comfortable margin, could be in excess of 10 goals. :thumbsup

There is abviuosly something in the African air you really need to share WAT  ;D

10 goals - let's just try and get the win to get ourselves out of 9th place  :thumbsup

Always something in the air here WP when the Tigers are playing.

I really think we can, if and only if we can get a great start we will cain them...it's all about that important first qtr start for us IMO.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »
Interesting stat: Bulldogs have won 5 out of 6 1st Quarters this season (ranked 1 in the competition), we've won 0 out of 7 (ranked 17th).
Push up!

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »
Interesting stat: Bulldogs have won 5 out of 6 1st Quarters this season (ranked 1 in the competition), we've won 0 out of 7 (ranked 17th).

So, I'll conclude from this info that we are due to win one and that the Western Wannabees are due to lose one.

Problem is that we have a history of cracking under the pressure when a season-success-defining game is winnable,

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »

So, I'll conclude from this info that we are due to win one and that the Western Wannabees are due to lose one.

Problem is that we have a history of cracking under the pressure when a season-success-defining game is winnable,

I'd conclude from it that we're gonna be chasing our tails early on, although I reckon by 3 quarter time we could be in front. You're dead right about us cracking under pressure in these sorts of games though. This will be a big indicator as to how much we've actually changed as a club.
Push up!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »

And therein lies our biggest challenge..

"Rucks:

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 04:59:19 PM »

And therein lies our biggest challenge..

Exactly. If we can keep the margin to 2 or 3 goals at most, we're in for a chance. We were lucky last week that Freo couldn't kick straight.
Push up!

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »

As long as we win.

We seem to save the best for last.

the claw

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 07:01:28 PM »
not trying to preempt or belittle any win we may have and going by what has happened so far this yr we should start favorites regardless of who is out.

personally while im happy to concede we have improved i would much rather be playing all sides fully fit and in form so we can properly judge exactly where we are at.
what will it mean to beat an out of sorts side with most of its spine missing and its best small forward.
if we struck them in form and fully fit and rolled them now that would be a win to boast about.

win lose or draw im hoping we can play to a decent standard like we did against freo. they too were without several important players and have had a horror run this yr with injury. we cant complain about injuries and have been a bit lucky in striking sides with them.

anyway despite any of this i find it remarkable that we are not favorites. 7 games in and i cant see the dogs making the 8 too many players have slipped or are past it. with their outs we really should win this if we have improved.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 02:01:23 AM »
THE Western Bulldogs resorted to a lawn bowling session to boost morale in the lead-up to Sunday's critical clash with Richmond at Etihad Stadium.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/dogs-bond-on-the-lawn/story-e6frg7mf-1226054964704

LOL. If they try bowling one nearest to Riewoldt it'll be 'Jack high' over the pack :wallywink

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 04:26:47 AM »
Hell, I bet they are fired up now... :lol

"Rucks:

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 07:17:51 AM »
Agree with the comments"Looms as a pretty dangerous game for us IMO, the have the wood on us and I can remember last year I think, our average losing margin to the Dogs was 45-50 points.

We must start this game in a frenzy, we simply can't let them get their tails up"
All the pressure is on them. The media build up. They will come out pumped. Glad to see Hall, Williams and Higgins not playing and that no neck has retired.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 07:49:54 AM »
Does everybody remember the circumstances of that drawn game a few years ago? We were a goal up with seconds to spare, and a Dogs player (I've forgotten who) that wasn't a reliable kick took a pack mark a long way out on a tight angle.
Suddenly he feigned injury and had to be helped off (yet magically re-appeared the following week :lol). Equally magically, the player who stepped up to the plate to take his kick wasn't the nearest Bulldog player in the area, but their designated kicker (I think it was Will Minson) who sprinted over from about 30 metres away to kick the drawing goal.
Bloody Cheats!!! I say let's smash 'em this Sunday, and show the pr!#$ what long memories the Tigers have.