Author Topic: Federal Budget  (Read 3995 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Federal Budget
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011, 01:18:29 AM »
For the record, IMHO 150k per household isn't a huge wage.

But it is enough to skim off $45,000 per household to subsidize the great unwashed.

Im talking about the knuckle dragging, overweight, today tonight watching simpletons, breeders, and over opinionated under-educated morons who don't have the presence of mind to better themselves.

Early early man, shaved down, overfed and put into an Ed hardy t-shirt.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 07:15:36 AM »
your point is flawed. Just because you dont have kids put yourself in someone else's shoes who may have say 3 or 4, and on one income of 150k.
I bet you didn't hand back the $900 stimulus the government handed you? Of course not well you should because as you say you dont need handouts well last time i checked that was a pretty big handout to a lot of people that didnt need it.

Arggh the $900 stimulus handout = the first time I have ever received anything from the govt - fact. And what did we do with it, we got some work done at our house that cost a bit more than $900, so $900 I got end up going out the door giving a tradie some work, exactly what the stimulus package was for I would have thought - keepng the economy moving

Income of 150k net 100k and a 350k Loan and with the added cost of living(school fees etc) yet you think that family doesnt deserve a baby bonus. Give me a spell thats ridiculous but its okay to spend $400 for old people who most would be happier with a LCD tv.

You are correct I don't think they deserve a baby bonus, to be honest I don't agree with the baby bonus for anyone - it should never have been introduced. As I said if you cannot afford something then you don't get it

Your argument is flawed as well. A family with 2-3 kids on $150k with another on the way; simply if they cannot afford to have a 3rd kid they shouldn't be having one. End of story. A baby bonus shouldn't be the incentive to pop another kid out that you cannot afford to look after.

The only argument you seem to constantly bring up is these people with the big 650k mortgages who are now crying poor.

That's because they are and they are bleating that these handouts are their right.

Welfare is for people who need it.

Pensioners are the prime example. They are supposed to manage on less than $450 a week which by my reckoning is a lot less than $150k a year? Why don't they get more? They certainly deserve it

But unfortunately they miss out becuase we have to fund all these other benefits that people earning a resonable wage bleat they are "entitled to"

Again you are putting everyone in that small basket. I know a bloke who is about 40 ish who is on a descent wicket and is struggling badly living in Mernda or somewhere close to there.

He has 3 kids and his wife cannot work due to health but no according to some doesnt deserve a free kick here or there

On the contrary daniel and depending on what you class a "decent wicket" then he may deserve something especially if his wife can't work.

But it all comes back to what's a decent wicket? $50k, $80k $120k or $150k?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 08:26:01 AM »
And can I ask a question?

Regarding the baby bonus and all these other handouts - now that the govt has decided to basically "means test" peoples eligibility to get them what do people think is the right number?

The govt has set the bar at $150k should it be higher or lower or should it not be capped at all, that is doesn't matter what you earn all families get all the handouts (eg baby bonus, family allowances)?

Just curious  ;D

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 10:36:03 PM »
And can I ask a question?

Regarding the baby bonus and all these other handouts - now that the govt has decided to basically "means test" peoples eligibility to get them what do people think is the right number?

The govt has set the bar at $150k should it be higher or lower or should it not be capped at all, that is doesn't matter what you earn all families get all the handouts (eg baby bonus, family allowances)?

Just curious  ;D

I dont have an issue with means testing of Family tax allowances, more than happy to pay my dues. My issue is with the baby bonus.
We pay Dr singh 6k and deserve to get something back and that i dont believe should be means tested at all.

Why are they persisting with things like the Goverment Co-Con? Its ridiculous that you can have 1 partner on 1 mil a year salary and the wife earning 30k and still receive $1000 a year from the Government. That is what i call a joke.

By the way i never had a problem with the $900 what i have an issue with is people saying stop the handouts etc etc (Liberal Voters) yet gladly took the $900 and whiped their ar-se with it, then cried like babies and bagged the Labour party for giving it to them.

Now your saying you deserved it etc etc. Weather you like it or not WP that was a handout you gladly accepted just like the tax benefits/Family Tax a/Baby Bonus/Paid parental/1st home owners that people are collecting each and every day.

The set top boxes will be an absolute dibacle make no mistake. I can see it already Mr habib or Mr jayasinga installing my nonna's set top box with no qualifications whatsoever.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 07:06:44 AM »
Now your saying you deserved it etc etc. Weather you like it or not WP that was a handout you gladly accepted just like the tax benefits/Family Tax a/Baby Bonus/Paid parental/1st home owners that people are collecting each and every day.

Just to correct you daniel I never said I deserved the $900 handout, never.

Did I take it? Yes and we put straight back in the economy, not a pokie machine, not my bank account back but in the economy.. a tradie got a job that started out small and got bigger thanks to that $900

And all those handouts you've listed that I have never ever collected; never.

The only thing we get is the rebate on private health insurance but we had private health way before that rebate came in

All those things you've listed I'd get rid of them all and start again. Why? because there's to many people roting this system = not everyone is like you daniel

First order of business would be to increase the age pension, veterans pensions and then see what's left.

I'd them look at re-introducing certain things from scratch with a very strict eligibility criteria thereby making it tougher for people to rort the system with the aim of making sure that the "welfare" goes to those who need it rather than those who don't but think it's their right to get it

VOTE 1 = WP  ;D :thumbsup

10 FLAGS

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 07:36:29 AM »
For the record, IMHO 150k per household isn't a huge wage.

But it is enough to skim off $45,000 per household to subsidize the great unwashed.

Im talking about the knuckle dragging, overweight, today tonight watching simpletons, breeders, and over opinionated under-educated morons who don't have the presence of mind to better themselves.

Early early man, shaved down, overfed and put into an Ed hardy t-shirt.

I dont often agree with you Dubs by you are 100% correct on this  :thumbsup

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 03:17:44 PM »
Just filled out the online accreditation.

.... Now if I install 10 boxes every day and charge Julia $400 / box installation

= $4000/day. 

:birthday  :santa :clapping :clapping :cheers

...... I like this new labour government scheme!!!!

Does anyone know a pensioner that needs a $40 set top box plugged into their tv?????? 
:whistle

The club that keeps giving.