Author Topic: RFC should chase the 17yo GWS picks as 1st priority [merged]  (Read 26734 times)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond interested in 17 y.o. Jaegar O'Meara via GWS rule (Age)
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »
GWS dont want picks for these players, they want a core of senior players. Therefore:
Jackson, Connors & Mcguane for this boy

10 FLAGS

RFC should chase the 17yo GWS picks as 1st Priority
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
IMHO Richmond should forget about trading for a ruckman now or even other players from other clubs. We need some potential A graders not potential to be B Graders who stay C graders who come from other clubs. The GWS 17yo picks should be the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY for RFC. and then just keep our National Draft Picks to see if we can find anything decent. So then the issue is who or what would you put up to get at least 1 if not both of GWS's 17 yo picks this season. I would be happy to include the likes of Newman and Foley as the centrepieces of any such deal if possible.

Hellenic Tiger

Re: RFC should chase the 17yo GWS picks as 1st Priority
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »
Yep unfortunantely I agree but in the long term it may just be the best investment the club my make.
You have to give up something good to get something good or better. Rebuild rebuild rebuild. The mandate is clear the guys who have been around the system 5-7 years and have played their 50-100 games are clearly not good enough and taking us nowhere, in fact backwards. Bite the bullet and hope the crop of 2008,09,10 are where we want them to be circa 2013-14.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
lol.....Because a bunch of 17 year olds is going to fix all our list problems!
God some hypacritecle crap gets written on this forum!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »
lol.....Because a bunch of 17 year olds is going to fix all our list problems!
God some hypacritecle crap gets written on this forum!

Everyone can tell your a Tasmanian from a million miles away lol  :lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 03:27:20 PM »
And you only have to read back through a few of your posts to realize your not the sharpest tool in the shed either ;)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 03:31:31 PM »
And you only have to read back through a few of your posts to realize your not the sharpest tool in the shed either ;)

Never claimed to be in the first place but got you covered by a million miles :lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 04:50:38 PM »
with our record of trading decent players for picks a'la Ottens for Meyer/patto Id reconsider that ridiculous suggestion. ive got something that sounds crazy I know...howza bout the coach getting the best from some of the prodigious talents in the side. How well are our best 4 or 5 going....dont laugh...the coach should be on notice...
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 04:59:37 PM »

Never claimed to be in the first place but got you covered by a million miles :lol

:cheers :bow :clapping :thumbsup ;)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 08:41:04 PM »
Agree with this.

Would happily give up any player over 24 for this (Excluding Newman and Foley who would be worth more).
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »
would Foley on his own get us one of these 17 year olds or would it have to be a Foley/Jackson compo
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »
Foley would possibly get the 17 year old.
Jackson can be bait for a club like Naught Melbourne or Port Adelaide. Jako will fit right in at Naught.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »
Foley and Jackson are worth poo, you guys are delusional if you believe we will get anything more than a 3rd rounder for either of them!
So tell me 10 Flogs, how will drafting a couple of 17 yo's help fix the situation right now? You clearly have the patients of a 2 year old by the time there d enough to play you will want them gone and those who drafted them sacked, read back through half the crap you write dip poo you contradict yourself at every turn :wallywink

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »
Foley and Jackson are worth poo, you guys are delusional if you believe we will get anything more than a 3rd rounder for either of them!
So tell me 10 Flogs, how will drafting a couple of 17 yo's help fix the situation right now? You clearly have the patients of a 2 year old by the time there d enough to play you will want them gone and those who drafted them sacked, read back through half the crap you write dip poo you contradict yourself at every turn :wallywink

the only dillusional one on here is you.

Raines pick 38
Tambling compo pick

enough said.

Compromised draft clubs like GWS would want one of Foley/Jackson. You can take that to the bank.

Get out from your tasmanian rock pal
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »

Can tell you I reckon we would easily get a late first round draft pick for Foley. Clubs rate him highly.

How we as supporters rate him is totally irrelevant

Jackson has currency as well (scary but true) early 2nd rounder IMHO  
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)