Author Topic: Club Should Apologise for the Darwin Farce  (Read 11443 times)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Club Should Apologise for the Darwin Farce
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »
So...when was the decision to sell the game made? When it was more probable that we needed the money or when it looked like we'd be good for the 4 points? Since when does a club rely on the "19th" man, another wanker media term? Tell you what, if we need to rely on the "19th" man, we are in serious trouble. If we cant beat a team on a level playing surface then we have lots of work to do, we sold the game to get us out of debt, unfortunately someone told the team we were going on a hoilday to Darwin and they may have to play a game while we're up there. Lets not forget that Port also are a southern team so everything that affected us, affected them. Poor preparation by our team cost us dearly. :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
WHO GIVES A FLYING RATS ARSE where we play, play on the stuffing moon for all I care but WIN..... what a bunch of wankers to let us down like that!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2011, 05:30:49 PM »
and still we make excuses, does anyone think we werent good enough.

sheesh i can see us winning just another 2 or 3 games if things dont go well for us. i can imagine the wrist slashing then.

simply put we are not i repeat not a good side. we have so so much work to do to become a good side. losing to port weather it be at etihad the g aami or in darwin shows just how far we have to go.

bloody hell we were that poor and port were not that much better that if either side played any other side in the comp we would have copped an absolute belting.

anyone want to talk about the sides we have beaten thus far and the circumstances surrounding those wins. nope i dont think people will want to they prefer to put their heads up their arse and pretend we are a good side.
they would rather pretend we are a finals side when the reality is we are very much in development with many holes in the list to fill.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »
we are not discussing other sides claw, we are discussing losing to Port. IMHO all of us had the right to expect us to win last night.

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »
Playing in Darwin didn't help, but for goodness sake if we can't beat bottom of the table Port Adelaide then we are in SERIOUS trouble.
Push up!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »
Kids are still learning, maybe not this one but was expected. In the short term it has cost us 4 points and maybe a final.
In the long run, $ in the bank going forward and the team has to learn to win anywhere.
Hard and hurts but maybe in hindsight all for the better.

Did I just say that?  :banghead

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »
We would have won in Melbourne! When you are broke, you make deals with the devil, it cost us tonight!

Nope.  We wouldn't have won regardless of where we played.  Our players had switched off before they ran out on the ground, they were already on their bye break.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2011, 09:26:49 PM »
. I DONT BLAME THE PLAYERS. THIS 4 POINTS WAS DONATED BY OUR ADMINISTRATION TO PORT. ITS A DISGRACEFUL DECISION THAT HAS JUST ABOUT WRECKED OUR SEASON!

Sorry Flagman, the players deserve blame as well. Actually they deserve a fair whack of blame; they were terrible. Poor skills, poor decisions, lack of leadership - no trust me they deserve to share the blame

Everyone needs to be accountable for what happened up in Darwin

EVERYONE 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2011, 10:09:02 PM »
Why didnt Dimma send someone over to short circuit the lights when the siren sounded to start the 3rd quarter   The level of unprofessionalism at Richmond is unbelievable. Jack Dyer, Graeme Richmond, Ray Dunn would have short circuited the lights. Not good enough!  ;D :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »
Why didnt Dimma send someone over to short circuit the lights when the siren sounded to start the 3rd quarter   The level of unprofessionalism at Richmond is unbelievable. Jack Dyer, Graeme Richmond, Ray Dunn would have short circuited the lights. Not good enough!

I would have done it  ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
Why didnt Dimma send someone over to short circuit the lights when the siren sounded to start the 3rd quarter   The level of unprofessionalism at Richmond is unbelievable. Jack Dyer, Graeme Richmond, Ray Dunn would have short circuited the lights. Not good enough!

I would have done it  ;D

We are all disappointed in you! What were you doing during the half time break! Just a real poor performance WP, we expected more from you  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2011, 10:12:31 PM »
We are all disappointed in you! What were you doing during the half time break! Just a real poor performance WP, we expected more from you  :lol

I was stuffing my face if you must know  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2011, 10:14:51 PM »
dont want to be a kill joy mr flags. but my understanding is if the lights go out the team in front when it happens wins.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2011, 10:17:21 PM »
dont want to be a kill joy mr flags. but my understanding is if the lights go out the team in front when it happens wins.

We were infront by 9 points at half time.  ;D  So if the lights had gone out just after the siren sounded to start the 3rd quarter - we're all singing "We're from Tigerland" lol  :clapping

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »

True Claw but only if at least half the game has been played.  Before that they will call the game off.