Author Topic: How have you rated Hardwick's efforts so far as coach?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
How have you rated Hardwick's efforts so far as coach?
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »
We've had practically 18 months to see how Dimma has performed as coach.

So how have you rated his efforts this season and over his whole reign so far? .... What you've liked; any negatives; what you'd like to see improve in the second half of the season, etc...?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: How have you rated Hardwick's efforts so far as coach?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »
From where we started probably an 8.5, but I went for a 9 on the poll
Can't have expected him to to much more unless he was/is a demigod

Online Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
A few shocking decisions have him at an 8 for me.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 09:16:36 PM »
8. Very good.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »
Couldn't of asked for any better from a first time senior coach at AFL level.
Main positive in my view is that his got a game style that seems to has brang the best out of alot of players that looked gone. E.G king nahas.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
Needs to improve a lot on his current match day work if he is going to be a premiership coach.

Like his off field work plenty.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »
Needs to improve a lot on his current match day work if he is going to be a premiership coach.
What, because he is not making short term changes to win matches rather than leaving players in their position to educate them for the future?
Yeah of course that means he makes terrible decisions

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 07:58:29 AM »
What, because he is not making short term changes to win matches rather than leaving players in their position to educate them for the future?

That's the assumption at this stage but he hasn't yet proved he has the ability to change things that aren't going to plan during a game. It's not an issue for this year but there will come a time when it will cost us games we will expect and need to win in order to play finals.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »

That's the assumption at this stage but he hasn't yet proved he has the ability to change things that aren't going to plan during a game. It's not an issue for this year but there will come a time when it will cost us games we will expect and need to win in order to play finals.
I agree that he can be judged on this from say next year onwards (even though there will still be more development next year), I just think it's silly to mark him down this year on such things.
You could say that he's already managed to make some pretty decent match day changes this year to get us back into games we are getting smashed in early and in some case win those games.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 09:46:05 AM »
As a new, young coach Dimma will make the same sort of mistakes that a young, new team will make! They will learn together!
I like how he has built respect with the playing group without walking in and demanding it! Like his honest appraisals of the team!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 11:21:36 AM »
I like everything he has brought to the job and think he is on track to be a topline coach.  Gave him a 7 so that I had room to move when he coaches us to a premiership!  ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »
I like everything he has brought to the job and think he is on track to be a topline coach.  Gave him a 7 so that I had room to move when he coaches us to a premiership!  ;D
exactly my thought smokey but I gave him 8 because I think the players want to play for him and the jumper.
The club that keeps giving.

FNM

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »
No complaints from me :-)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
As a new, young coach Dimma will make the same sort of mistakes that a young, new team will make! They will learn together!
I like how he has built respect with the playing group without walking in and demanding it! Like his honest appraisals of the team!

Good summary GR12....Dimmas not perfect but he has been a perfect fit for the club.

Still has around 20 games of "Honeymoon" left before the media and ferals start to apply the "blow torch".
Unleash the tornado

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »

I don't have a problem with 'educational' match ups like Conca on Milne, but I do think that Hardwick is often out coached.

That is something you would expect from a young coach, hence my comment that he will need to improve, much like his players will, in order to be a premiership coach.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...