Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 61328 times)

Ox

Re: Andy Krakouer
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 12:34:03 PM »
LMAOOO@Alphonse Zantuck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 02:02:13 AM »
Krakouer craves consistency
5:23:28 PM Tue 22 June, 2004
Bren O'Brien
Sportal/exclusive to afl.com.au

When Richmond youngster Andrew Krakouer set out for his goals for 2004, consistency was on the top of his list.

Having not missed a game in the first 13 weeks and transformed himself from a crumbing forward to a hard-working midfielder, the skinny lad from Western Australia who the Tigers marked out as a special project on draft day 2000 is finally starting to repay the club’s faith.

Krakouer attributes his more consistent contribution to a better attitude to the game and a stronger pre-season, but admits he still has his ups and downs.

“Probably just a better pre-season. The coaches have given me the opportunity to play in the midfield. The first five or six games I was able to play consistently, probably the last month or so I’ve dropped off a bit. There were some signs there on the weekend that will change coming into the last nine weeks,” Krakouer said.

The rotation between the midfield and the forward line has allowed Krakouer to get more of the ball. In the 34 games he’d played prior to this year he had only had more than ten possessions four times. So far in 2004, he has managed that feat in all but two games.

“The more you get it, the more you want the ball,” Krakouer said. “The more I get it, it gives me confidence. It’s a lot easier than just waiting in the forward line for the ball to come down,” Krakouer said.

Krakouer attributes the arrival of Nathan Brown at Punt Road as a real influence on his style of play and he now counts the prolific onballer/forward as a mentor.

“I like the way Nathan Brown plays, I talk to Browny sometimes. We play similar positions and we often swap with one of us going forward and one going on the ball.”

The 21-year-old from South Fremantle has also been impressed by the leadership style of captain Wayne Campbell, who claimed AFL life membership in last Saturday night’s defeat to Carlton.

“I get along really well with Wayne. He doesn’t put too much pressure on you,” he said. “He’s a great captain, he’s a great player, and I’m just honoured to play under him. He makes you really relaxed and helps you to go out there and do the right thing.”

While the injury-prone Mark Coughlan has been the public face of the young Tigers’ engine room, Krakouer said there is plenty of promise among the lower-profile on-ballers.

“A few boys have stepped up very well with Coughlan being injured,” he said. “Chris Hyde and Chris Newman, Hydey especially, have come along really well and have continued to improve with every game, the club probably needs just a bit more depth.”

On a personal level, Krakouer’s aims haven’t changed since the pre-season. Much like his club, he wants to be able to do the job well every week.

“I’ve still got a bit to give. I want an even spread, some real consistency over the last nine games,” Krakouer said. “It’s probably the same for the team, we want to win more games than we lose and find a level which we can stay at.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=156366
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Re: Andrew Krakouer
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2004, 01:20:36 PM »
Love the kid!!!

Jackstar

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 01:25:49 PM »
One of the very few who can turn nothing into something. Plays on instinct. Most of our players have to think about what to do, Krak doesnt, he just does it !

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2004, 01:42:13 PM »
any chance we could really annoy north fans and pick up his cousin in this years draft?

LOL
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2004, 08:36:03 PM »
Love his crumbing skills and his goal prowess.
Is his cousin similar to andy,PRR?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Krakouer re-signs for 3 years
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2004, 01:58:13 AM »
Krakouer to stay a Tiger
14 September 2004   
Herald Sun
Mark Stevens

ANDREW Krakouer will remain at Richmond, ending fears he could return to Western Australia for family reasons.

Krakouer, who last week finished sixth in the club's best-and-fairest, has agreed to a new three-year deal.

The 21-year-old, one of the few genuine good news stories at Punt Rd this season, will be a key part of new coach Terry Wallace's plans.

Krakouer's manager Peter Jess last night confirmed the pull to return home to Perth remained in the back of his client's mind as he weighed up his future.

His father Jim was recently released from jail and will remain in Western Australia.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10758070%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Krakouer re-signs for 3 years
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2004, 02:37:46 AM »
Good to hear Kraks has re-signed. Would have preferred a 2 year deal as he hasn't reached his full potential yet but nevertheless glad he's still at Tigerland. We need all the class we can get. Hopefully with another pre-season under his belt under Wallace he will become a more consistent footballer.

froars

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2004, 05:30:45 AM »
I'm happy - all he needs to me is some fitness which i think has been alluded to before.  Under a good coach, excited about his prospects  ;D

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2004, 10:45:13 AM »
 :thumbsup :thumbsup Every side needs a touch of class....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Bulluss

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2004, 04:57:35 PM »
As many good things Krak does, he still goes missing alot.

Sure he has talent and POTENTIAL but he still has a long way to go before he it a topline player. In saying that he is still also very young and hopefully he can become a class act like a Mcleod.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2004, 12:35:21 AM »
Krakouer's new 3 year deal is reportedly costing us $750K according to The Age.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2004, 12:48:34 AM »
Rediculous money!

What was that you said Jackstar? We overrate and fall in love with players?

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2004, 12:53:58 AM »
I would say a decent percentage of this will be peformance based.

Relax guys, let Miller do the job

Ox

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2004, 05:08:26 PM »
Wouldn't hurt to put him on Horse steroids for afew weeks either.