Author Topic: "No flag for Richmond before 2018": Gerard Healy  (Read 4055 times)

Tigermonk

Re: "No flag for Richmond before 2018": Gerard Healy
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »

2018  :lol l will be dead by then,  so stiff  ;D

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »
Anyone as old as me knows that Richmond have never forgiven Healy for his unabashed bias against us. He was despised at our club for years after his front page article in the Herald Sun in the early nineties stating  ' Melbourne Tigers '
stuff Gerard Healy !

Edit: avoiding swear filter
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:40:11 PM by one-eyed »
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 07:46:28 AM »
prick might be on the money with the way we are going.  What kills me is have a look at the stuffing Eagles... they are already up and about in the top four...  They were a joke last year.  Time and time again rebuilding sides cruise past us and it blows my mind.
Lots of people name their swords......

Tigermonk

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »
prick might be on the money with the way we are going.  What kills me is have a look at the effing Eagles... they are already up and about in the top four...  They were a joke last year.  Time and time again rebuilding sides cruise past us and it blows my mind.

Its our development with Coburg that is our problem. Until we are a standalone club, we will not be buying any finals tickets anytime in the future. If Richmond had their own VFL standalone side, then the duds would be sorted out & found out.

Richmond are out of excuses & its very clear to me where the problem lays. Coburg  :banghead

AFL needs to return the Reserves to the league so that all clubs are equal.  :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »
I thought we were doing ok with development last year, what has gone wrong this year?  Did we lose someone?  Has something changed?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »

Time and time again rebuilding sides cruise past us and it blows my mind.

Because none of them have come from such a position of 'list management hopelessness' as we have post-Frawley/Wallace.  10 years of the most inept bungling of recruiting/drafting/developing imaginable.  Even Carlton's list in their darkest hour wasn't as bad as what ours was 2 years ago.

gerkin greg

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 07:10:36 PM »
prick might be on the money with the way we are going.  What kills me is have a look at the effing Eagles... they are already up and about in the top four...  They were a joke last year.  Time and time again rebuilding sides cruise past us and it blows my mind.

A lot easier to rebuild a side when you still have premiership players in good form like Glass, Cox, Kerr, Embley running around and a giant KPF like Lynch.

Compare to our senior players...

*crickets*

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »
I thought we were doing ok with development last year, what has gone wrong this year?  Did we lose someone?  Has something changed?

Nothing has gone wrong Owl.  We are developing and improving steadily but that doesn't mean we will see tangible results by way of victory each week just yet.  Trouble is we have raised the bar sufficiently to stir up the expectations of the impatient among us and for that we must now suffer the knee-jerk ranting we are hearing.  Pre-season almost everyone was happy to admit to caring more about our improvement in areas such as scoring, defensive pressure, competitiveness etc without regard to results and ladder position and despite improvement in all these areas to the extent finals are being talked about, as soon as we don't keep winning every game then the 'Glass Half Empty' brigade go feral.  We were never going to be consistent or hugely successful or predictable this year but that got forgotten very very quickly as soon as the "F" word got mentioned.   :lol  Take a Bex, have a good lie down and enjoy the ride - we are still doing ok.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 07:18:35 PM »

A lot easier to rebuild a side when you still have premiership players in good form like Glass, Cox, Kerr, Embley running around and a giant KPF like Lynch.

Compare to our senior players...

Exactly Gerks.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 07:58:48 PM »

we don't have kerr. Coughlan injury fcked us

we don't have cox/nic. Simmonds retire. We spent our high draft pick on mids we needed browne us best option. Baby.

Glass was rubbish we glass age

we had no Judd yo trade for a gun key forward. In Kennedy

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »
Exactly Gerks.

Don't agree with him, it only encourages him.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

the claw

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 12:57:29 AM »
still think healy is closer to the money than gale.
sheesh i can confidently say we have 3 drafts in front of us where we will delist up to 8 players for each draft.

people keep on saying we have improved greatly under hardwick well im sorry there isnt much to back that up.

we may if we get very lucky scrape into the 8 in 2013 if we recruit well over the next 2 trade nd periods..  but with so many young players still to come, so many to turn over still, development of those players and a decent finals apprenticeship, not to mention other young sides improving people forget there will be 18 sides striving for one thing and they too will improve. 2017 2018 is the more likely yr  for us to make a gf and win one if we get things right..

let me ask how many truly established players of consistency and quality do we have. well depending on how and who you rate them the answer is still very few.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
No flag before 2018, i'd just like to see some finals action for a start.

We haven't even challenged in 30 years, in future we could have a St. Kilda or Bulldogs type run, consistent finals and nothing to show for it.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »
Yeah Coggers was a solid player, damn shame we lost him, it seems we lost a lot of solid blokes to injury and the rest were just not up to it at all.  Browny was cruel too.  We really are building from the ground up.  I just got over excited.  Melbourne has a more established base, much as I hate to admit it.  It showed with blokes like Jones carving us up and Green etc.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 02:55:31 AM »
No Nahas and King in that side MT?
They've both had a good season RR but still not convinced based on their size and quality looking ahead towards playing finals (Nahas ahead of Kingy in natural talent btw IMO). It wouldn't surprise me if we traded one while their trade value is high. This time last year they were both heading for the scrap-heap.

Disagree. They're both playing that small forward role really well, locking the ball in, giving us lots of run and more importantly kicking lots of goals. Last year is last year. And as for their small stature, they're no smaller than Betts and Garland, and every bit as effective
Disagree with the last sentence RR. While Betts can be suspect against top 4 opposition, Garlett is daylight ahead of Nahas and Kingy as far as footy smarts and skill level IMO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd