Author Topic: Tigers vs Demons game thread  (Read 14297 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Tigers vs Demons game thread
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2011, 10:37:35 AM »
Gonna stick up for Webbers here, he did alright.

Agreed. I'll ride shotgun with ya Hooter.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2011, 11:03:19 AM »
Gonna stick up for Webbers here, he did alright.

Agreed. I'll ride shotgun with ya Hooter.

Looks like Dookie and I will throw you on the spit then Hootman.

Couple of other things I remembered from yesterday, our defenders lacked basic understandings yesterday. The number of time the old mantra of only going up if your man does wasn't followed was staggering. If Jurrah kicked straight it would have cost us plenty.

Also every man and his dog knew Moloney was their key to clearances, so why didn't someone go to him at the centre bounce?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Tigermonk

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »
raped in another big game, no excuses yesterday. Melbourne came to play & the preasure forced us to make bad mistakes.
just shows the club has along way to go before playing finals

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2011, 11:34:18 AM »
raped in another big game, no excuses yesterday. Melbourne came to play & the preasure forced us to make bad mistakes.
just shows the club has along way to go before playing finals

Would totally agree.
Huge disappointments in the back half of the ground when being put under pressure.
Decision making where a kick was the option instead we handballed to players covered who were stationary time and time again.
Also need a ruckman who is a leader by his actions.
Interesting Martin for them led by example in ruck and up forward.( 2 goals )
They have a really good spread of players too.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
I've had a day to let the feeling sink in.

First point we were stuffed at the tribunal in contesting King's charge and came up with a lame defence. Missed his tackling and forward line pressure.
That pressure seeped in as King has a good ability to get those around him up. Our tackling yesterday was reminiscent of the Solarium Man's reign.
Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers. Melb's 1st two goals to Green were from Nahas and McGuane errors.
Got them back into the game and we never recovered.
Skills and too many passengers.
It's almost as if everyone wants us to get to these games only for us to fall away and lose and go back to oblivion. Happened three times this season Dogs Port and yesterday. Tony_Montana is spot on the culture is changing but until it fully changes we will stick in mid table mediocrity.
As for our bottom 6-8 plyaers. They have no skills and no impact and are well well short at this level in any AFL side let alone ours. We know who they are.
Even our descent players struggled yesterday. Which means with our lack of depth we have very few capable to step up to help ease pressure and then help those struggling come into the game.
Thing that peees me off is Melbourne who are soft had blokes like Jones and Moloney who are good in and under players who made our blokes look second rate and feel soft. Princesses like Green and Watts were made to look like superstars and we looked just so short of resources.
Jack needs to learn to play with TV and find a way to get his 4 or 5 while Vix gets his 2-3 rather than be petulent and try and fly for the speccy each time and kick impossible goals from half chances when there are options. Get back to basics. A stint in the twos just to show who is boss may be the tonic. Has been terrible four weeks in a row now since Dreamtime.
Carlton and Essendon next couple then GC17 in Cairns. Seaon is over need to develop a few kids.
Miller out and Post in the experiment is over. Let the kid play insurance has served its purpose now its overkill. Play Post regardless. Can't do the kids confidence any good in and out subbed. WTF.
Trade Draft KPP defender and ruckman and take it from there. We are so so so short it aint funny. Port we saw as an aberration Darwin etc etc, Sydney haven't won there since 2004 yada yada yada, yesterday against an inconsistent team who similar to us on the ladder but our form was more steady and they showed us up for the pretenders that we are. Dimma needs to cut another 8-9.
Start playing McDonald and give Derickx a go. Simple we are realistically from finals 2013 at the earliest. The job has begun and we need to follow through. Finals 2011 would have been a seduction of the highest order and we would have been raped on the big stage again. Possibly then we would not have been doing the job we needed to do and then by 2015 we would be talking about another token finals series. Keep doing the job DImma and get rid of another 8-10.
Sadly the sins of the Wallace era will play themselves out for a few more years and rather than blaming Dimma for culture which he and others have been trying to change point the finger at him. If he had any balls just like he likes to take credit for the kids running around when we are winning its his legacy especially and those of his predecessors that keep coming to the forefront in the post moretoms after another big game defeat.  No responsibility from those in the go from the past .Life goes on deep breath and wait for 2013. :pray
At least we won't finish 9th with North Melbourne hovering. Essendon v Richmond in two weeks is for 12th and 13th spot. :thumbsup

10 FLAGS

« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2011, 12:14:24 PM »
I've had a day to let the feeling sink in.

First point we were stuffed at the tribunal in contesting King's charge and came up with a lame defence. Missed his tackling and forward line pressure.
That pressure seeped in as King has a good ability to get those around him up. Our tackling yesterday was reminiscent of the Solarium Man's reign.
Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers. Melb's 1st two goals to Green were from Nahas and McGuane errors.
Got them back into the game and we never recovered.
Skills and too many passengers.
It's almost as if everyone wants us to get to these games only for us to fall away and lose and go back to oblivion. Happened three times this season Dogs Port and yesterday. Tony_Montana is spot on the culture is changing but until it fully changes we will stick in mid table mediocrity.
As for our bottom 6-8 plyaers. They have no skills and no impact and are well well short at this level in any AFL side let alone ours. We know who they are.
Even our descent players struggled yesterday. Which means with our lack of depth we have very few capable to step up to help ease pressure and then help those struggling come into the game.
Thing that peees me off is Melbourne who are soft had blokes like Jones and Moloney who are good in and under players who made our blokes look second rate and feel soft. Princesses like Green and Watts were made to look like superstars and we looked just so short of resources.
Jack needs to learn to play with TY and find a way to get his 4 or 5 while Vix gets his 2-3 rather than be petulent and try and fly for the speccy each time and kick impossible goals from half chances when there are options. Get back to basics. A stint in the two just to show who is boss may be the tonic.
Carlton and Essendon next couple then GC17 in Cairns. Seaon is over need to develop a few kids.
Miller out and Post in the experiment is over. Let the kid play insurance has served its purpose now its overkill. PLay him regardless. Can't do the kids confidence any good in and out subbed.
Trade Draft KPP defender and ruckman and take it from there. We are so sos o short it aint funny. Port we saw as an aberration Darwin etc etc, Sydney haven't won there since 2004 yada yada yada, yesterday against an inconsistent team who similar to us on the ladder but our form was more steady and they showed us up for the pretenders that we are. Dimma needs to cut another 8-9.
Start playing McDonald and give Derickx a go. Simple we are realistically from finals 2013 at the earliest. The job has begun and we need to follow through. Finals 2011 would have been a seduction of the highest order and we would have been raped on the big stage again. Keep doing the job DImma and get rid of another 8-10.
Sadly the sins of the Wallace era will play themselves out for a few more years and rather than blaming Dimma for culture which he and others have been trying to change point the finger at him. If he had any balls just like he likes to take credit for the kids running around when we are winning its his legacy especially and those of his predecessors that keep coming to the forefront in the post moretoms after another big game defeat. Life goes on deep breath and wait for 2013. :pray

cant disagree with any of that IMHO  :thumbsup

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2011, 12:52:33 PM »
Well said Tuckerbag.

RFC have gotta take a deep breath and realise that we are a 10th to 14th ranked side and that we must cull the duds that are not up to it and continue to invest and harvest the draft.

Trading for stop gaps in any significant way is the epitomy of self-delusion which will limit any sustained tilt at the top 2 in the next 4 to 6 years.

No more excuses !!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2011, 01:58:03 PM »
Jamar to moloney smashed us.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2011, 02:08:11 PM »
Agree with Tuckerbag. We need a ruckman to really improve. Agree Jamar and Moloney killed us. Green is a very very average player we made him look like a superstar

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
Jamar to moloney smashed us.

And that wasn't a surprise, it was even highlighted in the paper yesterday morning.

So the question is was it poor coaching to not shut Moloney down or did the players not execute?

From my observation we didn't seem to go to Moloney at the centre bounce so I'd suggest option A.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »
Once again I thought we were smashed in the coaches box, our kick out strategy was appalling - why when we don't have an option and have to go long do we so often go straight down the ground into a vunerable area, instead of the flank where we can reset at the boundary line?

Agree with this - I thought the way the Dees manned up against Houli was a huge win for Bailey. They detemined that Houli has been our go to man to clear out of the HB line, they made sure where ever possible that there was some close to him to put him under extra pressure - great tactic. It came off in spades, Houli's output was down on the last 6 weeks and probably impacted on his decision in the frist qtr to pull out of the contest and stand back & wait to tackle. I don't think Houli will enjoy watching that piece of vision it looked bad and seeing it resulted in a goal it was bad.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »
The most annoying thing about yesterday's loss was we were made to look soft against one of the softest sides in the AFL. The number of tackles that Melbourne players were so easily able to avoid or breakout of was ridiculous. They wanted it more and we had just too many passengers to resist.

Best post of the week :clapping
And we have a few that clearly arent up to it, when the pressure is on.

Totally agree MT that is why yesterday's "effort" and result is the most disappointing of the season for mine. That we got a close as we did when we didn't deserve too was a more Melb's awful conversion after half time than anything positive we did 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »
Tucker would have to say thats a very classy post pal. Absolutely spot on.

Not good enough and teams still build themselves up when they play like us.

Put the pressure on at the start and they will crush like an egg is what Lethal used to say to his charges pre game against us.

I was angry we got raped by the Dees but in hindsight its not all that bad. Glorified wins just hide the fact how far we still have left.
They have a better list, but more importantly much much better ruck and defence.

Our culture is improving dont believe any different. Tigers of old would've crumbled and lost by 60 plus points. Our bottom 6 are VFL standard and thats our achilles heal.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »
as well as Dimma is going we have an ingrained loser culture that is going to be monumentally hard to change

lol.....You have honestly lost the plot if you believe this ??? ??? We have had a looser culture for the last 20 year's Hardwick has been there for 18 month's of that time  and the Cancer had been running wild long before he came along!
You can't 100% blame Hardwick for our culture, we have taken giant steps since he has been at the helm but there is still plenty of cancer that needs to be cut out and I think today it was really exposed so lets see at seasons end if it is finally dealt with or not.....

yeah that's what I'm saying, Dimma is the cause of a 30 year embedded loser culture  ::)

lol, My bad Tony,I just read the post properly and noticed the part "we HAVE an ingrained loser culture" Sorry mateI completely miss read what you wefre saying.... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

lol all good mate, happens to all of us  ;D

and Tuckerbag, love your post, although I'm still seething bc i hate losing to shallow downhill skiiing  teaqms like melbourne that set themselves against us bc they dont respect us deep down.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »
Agree with most of what others have said.
Its hard to stomach, but Melbourne have a very talented list across the park. I think we are comparable to them in the midfield and forward line, in terms of talent and potential. However, they have a backline and two good ruckman - quite frankly, we dont.
THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE

I am one to get ahead of myself, but we are still a work in progress.  I agree that it is time to start trying/developing players in different positions, starting with Post to center half forward.

Give Gourdis some time to adjust. He is athletic and talll. Worth persisting with.

Vickery is becoming a very good player as is Rance. Here, we have filled two massive holes on our list. Unfortunately, there are more holes to fill. Think about where this team was at the start of last year. Effing hopeless and very short on talent.  IT IS COMING TOGETHER. There's just a little way to go yet.
keep supporting the boys, because this team will come good and its gonna be effing sweet.  :thumbsup

Oh and Melbourne fans (particularly the c-bombs in the MCC) are the effing pitts. I had to restrain myself from going postal on this one knob who would not stop giving Jack poo the whole game, I want to bury his face in the snow at Mt. Buller and urinate on his French Poodle.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:54:59 PM by Willy »