Author Topic: Official Team for Round 14  (Read 5225 times)

Con65

Re: Official Team for Round 14
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 06:45:57 PM »
MT I disagree with you that Post is unlucky.

I dont think Post is in very good form atm.

Also, where do you see Post playing...imho he is not quick enough as a defender, not a ruckman and doesnt seem to really set the world on fire when played as a fwd

I dont know where his best position is...perhaps the third fwd but Miller seems to have that sown up at the moment...

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »
B: James Strauss, James Frawley, Daniel Nicholson
HB: Colin Garland, Jared Rivers, Jack Trengove
C: Tom Scully, Colin Sylvia, Jeremy Howe
HF: Nathan Jones, Jack Watts, Ricky Petterd
F: Jamie Bennell, Mark Jamar, Brad Green
Foll: Stefan Martin, Brent Moloney, Jordie McKenzie
I/C: Cale Morton, Liam Jurrah, Jordan Gysberts, Joel Macdonald
That actually looks a strong side on paper  :-\. Only main weak spot is at FF with them needing to play a resting ruckman there rather than a genuine FF. Jurrah's had an ordinary year so far.

Therefore you can bank on us playing Jurrah into some form then  :lol we're masters at that  :-[

Its does look pretty strong on paper. Need to get in and under these softies early, if we give them a start and they get their fairy tails up early, it could get ugly.

Farmer incredibly lucky to survive another week. has played 1 decent quarter since he returned. Not good enough

Yep I agree. Need to play some bruising football straight from the start can't let them get there skis on and roll us from the get go.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »

Um....Con, sorry but when was Post in good form in the RFC team???

Good to see Gourdis get a go, good luck mate.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »
 :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:32 PM »

Also, where do you see Post playing...imho he is not quick enough as a defender, not a ruckman and doesnt seem to really set the world on fire when played as a fwd

I dont know where his best position is...perhaps the third fwd but Miller seems to have that sown up at the moment...
Yep I'd have Postie 3rd forward instead of Miller for the time being while we wait on Big Ben's return. Miller is definitely not part of our future and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary so I'd rather give Postie more than 2.5 quarters before dropping him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 07:52:19 PM »
i think it's pretty obvious that there something that post does, or doesn't do, that does not please the coaching staff.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »
B: James Strauss, James Frawley, Daniel Nicholson
HB: Colin Garland, Jared Rivers, Jack Trengove
C: Tom Scully, Colin Sylvia, Jeremy Howe
HF: Nathan Jones, Jack Watts, Ricky Petterd
F: Jamie Bennell, Mark Jamar, Brad Green
Foll: Stefan Martin, Brent Moloney, Jordie McKenzie
I/C: Cale Morton, Liam Jurrah, Jordan Gysberts, Joel Macdonald
That actually looks a strong side on paper  :-\. Only main weak spot is at FF with them needing to play a resting ruckman there rather than a genuine FF. Jurrah's had an ordinary year so far.
jurrah and howe while not monsters are still a decent height at 188 and 190 and both can jump. you can bet these two spend plenty of time forward, we dont have matchups for them.

personally i think it a mistake to take in just two tall defenders and i also think we should have made 5  or so changes.
people will say your kidding 5 changes but we won last week. for me we may as well have lost the standard was terrible and because of that i reckon if it takes 5 changes to lift the standard so be it.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »
we must stop sylvia  and petterd, they always kill us

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »
Richmond

B: Chris Newman, Alex Rance, Bachar Houli

HB: Brett Deledio, Luke McGuane, Shaun Grigg

C: Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Reece Conca

HF: Robin Nahas, Tyrone Vickery, Shane Edwards

F: Mitchell Farmer, Jack Riewoldt, Brad Miller

Foll: Andrew Browne, Daniel Jackson, Nathan Foley

I/C: Tom Hislop, David Gourdis, Jeromey Webberley, Jake Batchelor

Emg: Shane Tuck, Jayden Post, Bradley Helbig

In: David Gourdis, Jake Batchelor

Out: Jake King (Suspension), Jayden Post

Miller must have only survived as we're playing against his old side  :P. Post a bit unlucky as he had to be subbed off for team balance with Mitch Clark going off injured for Brisbane.

As for our forward pockets named  :help. I don't think I've seen Farmer play in a forward pocket :-\.

Not that it will happen but I would like to see Farmer play out of the forward pocket. He could really open the forward line up for our midfielders to kick more goals. He only has to lead out to the 50 and beyond, if he gets the ball around 55+ he will kick them. Could prove a good foil for Riewoldt and Miller.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 09:33:54 PM »
personally i think it a mistake to take in just two tall defenders

So does the match committee which is why they named three, big fella  ;)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »
Hardwick has no idea.

Hislop, Farmer, Miller still in the team is a joke!

Post plays one match and then is omitted? Hislop has had no impact, can't kick, can't mark, can't run!

We are heading backwards when Miller and Hislop are in the team!

Hardwick said that he will play good skillful players and has gone back on his word!

:lol :lol

"Hardwick has no idea"

This may come as a shock to you torch but have you ever considered for a milli second that perhaps the reason the the likes of Miller, Hislop & Farmer are in the team is because they are playing the roles assigned to them by the bloke who has "no idea".  ;)

Now perhaps we have been watching different games but from the games I was at the last 2 weeks Farmer was good in the 2nd half against Sydney and reasonable against Bris. He was nvere going to be dropped.

Miller didn't have a great game against Sydney as defender but seeing the bloke with "no idea" has him in the team as a forward, well that wasn't exactly a great surprise. Against Bris Miller played the role he was given as a forward and pinch hitter in the ruck

As for Hislop - I don't know what his role is outside of being a defensive forward ala Kingy but obviously he is doing what the bloke with "no idea" wants because he remains. Also, with Kingy out we need someone to fill that role and I would think that is going to be Hislop. Will it work, well we will know around 4.50pm Saturday arvo
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 10:28:09 PM »

Yep I'd have Postie 3rd forward instead of Miller for the time being while we wait on Big Ben's return. Miller is definitely not part of our future and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary so I'd rather give Postie more than 2.5 quarters before dropping him.
:thumbsup agree 100%
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »
Miller must have only survived as we're playing against his old side  :P. Post a bit unlucky as he had to be subbed off for team balance with Mitch Clark going off injured for Brisbane.

As for our forward pockets named  :help. I don't think I've seen Farmer play in a forward pocket :-\.

MT see my response to torch  ;D

But Miller survived because I reckon he played and is playing the role the coaches want him to play. I tihnk it was in one of Dimma's (aka the bloke with "no idea") recent press conferences spoke very highly of Miller and that he was indeed doing exactly what they wanted & needed him to do for the team, while he is doing that he is going to keep getting games whether the masses like it or not  :thumbsup

As for Post - I agree I think he is unlucky but I watched him closely last week and I really think one of his biggest problems is his slow decision making, just seems to take that fraction of a second too long to kick the thing or handball it and it results in added pressure on the person he is giving it to
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »
The bloke with "no idea" should have given Greekman a run a long time ago.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 10:48:48 PM »
Hislop useless at essendon, useless since joining us only to get delisted by a bottom team.  Now he's getting another chance to show something. I don't understand. :banghead
There's a perception he's tough. But I don't see anything from a guy who gets chance after chance to prove himself but has failed time & time again. He's fragile in spirit and body. 
I don't know what anyone including hardwick sees in him. Send him back to Windy hill or the VFA.

The club that keeps giving.