Author Topic: Official Team for Round 14  (Read 5219 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Official Team for Round 14
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 10:53:28 PM »
Where's your Christian spirit? Give him a chance to roll the rock away from his tomb before you lash yourself in despair mate.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 11:03:58 PM »
 :ROTFL
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 12:35:07 AM »
Good to see the Greek is in the house. Good luck to him.
Glad Webberley stayed in the side for another crack.

One thing about Dimma is for the most part blokes will at least get a few matches to prove themselves in the seniors to see if they are worthy of retaining their place unless of course you are Post.

I think the kid from where I sit may start getting a little disgruntled after being dropped after one match yet some teammates get a few weeks.With Melbourne trying to expose our height and going tall I would have thought he would have been handy to have in the 22.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 01:24:58 AM »
MT see my response to torch  ;D
I disagree with torch about Dimma having no idea btw lol.

But Miller survived because I reckon he played and is playing the role the coaches want him to play. I tihnk it was in one of Dimma's (aka the bloke with "no idea") recent press conferences spoke very highly of Miller and that he was indeed doing exactly what they wanted & needed him to do for the team, while he is doing that he is going to keep getting games whether the masses like it or not  :thumbsup

As for Post - I agree I think he is unlucky but I watched him closely last week and I really think one of his biggest problems is his slow decision making, just seems to take that fraction of a second too long to kick the thing or handball it and it results in added pressure on the person he is giving it to
And this is exactly the reason why I believe Post should be in the side ahead of Miller. This year should still be about development of our younger players and we shouldn't yet be caring about our win/loss record. I'd rather risk losing a game this year playing younger players who are part of our future ahead of fill-in older recycled players who aren't.  I'm not sure how Post is expected to improve (speed up) his decision making by bringing him in to play just 2/3s of a game at AFL level and then dropping him straight back to the slower VFL. It's a rare case where Dimma hasn't given a player 2-3 games in a row which is odd as well. Miller may be ahead of Post right now (not by much I might add) but at 27 y.o. with his experience he should be daylight ahead of a young tall but he's not. Miller's output is hardly something to boast about as just a 3rd tall, his goalkicking is dodgy at best  :scream, he's not agile nor  is he versatile. The Club said when Miller was drafted that he was insurance just in case one of our key forwards (mainly Jack) went down with a serious injury. Well Jack as well as a much improved Vickery have kicked 60 goals between them in just 12 matches yet Miller is still playing every game in a lesser role (3rd tall) ahead of a younger player who given games in that same specific 3rd tall role could at least match Miller's output. Sorry WP but I believe Dimma is wrong on this one.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 08:33:41 AM »
MT, do you really think miller is being played because he is more likely to help us win games than post? I thought you didnt rate him as a player? :P

But for us, it's all about getting our process right.

Hardwick said the ongoing refinement of the Tigers' game plan remains his priority rather than the more immediate goal of winning on Saturday which could elevate the club into the top eight

post is not getting a go for one of two reasons that i can think of.

Dimma and the rest of the coaching staff simply do not like him personally?

or he is not doing the things that "get the processes right"?

I doubt too many people would argue against post having more ability than miller, but miller can follow instructions and provide structure.

It seems that post cant. to gift him games for the sake of it, while this is the case, is not development, its counter development.

To me the constant calls to drop miller, for whomever, are short sighted. as long as he plays how the coaches want,  following instructions and work rate, then it is up to the more talented youngsters to follow his lead and they will naturally push him out of the side. When they do they will have earned their spot and to me that is development for the longer term.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »
Yeah, Post is an odd one.

Anyone know what his reputation is like as a trainer?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 01:28:46 PM »
Yeah, Post is an odd one.

Anyone know what his reputation is like as a trainer?

From what I've heard, and how can I put this nicely, he's not the hardest trainer on the list.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 05:15:57 PM »
Helbig not an emergency anymore, he's been replaced with Nason.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »
Helbig not an emergency anymore, he's been replaced with Nason.

B: Chris Newman, Alex Rance, Bachar Houli

HB: Brett Deledio, Luke McGuane, Shaun Grigg

C: Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Reece Conca

HF: Robin Nahas, Tyrone Vickery, Shane Edwards

F: Mitchell Farmer, Jack Riewoldt, Brad Miller

Foll: Andrew Browne, Daniel Jackson, Nathan Foley

I/C: Tom Hislop, David Gourdis, Jeromey Webberley, Jake Batchelor

Emg: Shane Tuck, Jayden Post, Ben Nason

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
i think it's pretty obvious that there something that post does, or doesn't do, that does not please the coaching staff.

Get a kick maybe ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

the claw

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
i think it's pretty obvious that there something that post does, or doesn't do, that does not please the coaching staff.

Get a kick maybe ?
so how did mcguane keep his spot then. easily worse than post.

the claw

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »
personally i think it a mistake to take in just two tall defenders

So does the match committee which is why they named three, big fella  ;)
lol goo on the bench my bad.

heres one we should have dropped mcguane kept post and bought in gourdis. we dropped the wrong bloke.

once again muscles escapes scrutiny.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2011, 07:48:40 PM »

Simply because McGuane has a hardened body and at least has a crack. Post reminds me of Geoff Hayward from that poxy Collingwood movie 'The Club '  Smokes a bunga and stares at the f***ing pigeons all day.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 03:13:42 AM »

Simply because McGuane has a hardened body and at least has a crack. Post reminds me of Geoff Hayward from that poxy Collingwood movie 'The Club '  Smokes a bunga and stares at the stuffing pigeons all day.
So Postie is going to get his act together after fighting with Dimma in the changerooms and be B.O.G. in a premiership  ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 03:44:40 AM »
MT, do you really think miller is being played because he is more likely to help us win games than post? I thought you didnt rate him as a player? :P

But for us, it's all about getting our process right.

Hardwick said the ongoing refinement of the Tigers' game plan remains his priority rather than the more immediate goal of winning on Saturday which could elevate the club into the top eight

post is not getting a go for one of two reasons that i can think of.

Dimma and the rest of the coaching staff simply do not like him personally?

or he is not doing the things that "get the processes right"?

I doubt too many people would argue against post having more ability than miller, but miller can follow instructions and provide structure.

It seems that post cant. to gift him games for the sake of it, while this is the case, is not development, its counter development.

To me the constant calls to drop miller, for whomever, are short sighted. as long as he plays how the coaches want,  following instructions and work rate, then it is up to the more talented youngsters to follow his lead and they will naturally push him out of the side. When they do they will have earned their spot and to me that is development for the longer term.

But al Miller was recruited onto the rookie list as insurance (in case Jack say went down with injury) yet he's now playing game after game ahead of young talls such as Post who were already on our senior list even though there is no need to play that 'insurance' card given Jack and Vickery have kicked 60 goals between them. There's an inconsistent message there to now expect the youngsters to push out an older player who was only drafted as insurance in the first place and isn't part of our future.  I know Post has his deficiencies (low number of tackles being one of them) but even if Miller follows instructions his own many deficiencies and age don't have him ahead of our youngsters for mine with the future in mind. He's just a list clogger. We went down this path in the past with Mark Graham who had a good final year in 2005 playing in our defence but it did sweet stuff all for the team going forward as after the older player leaves you then need to play a younger player in that same position playing to the same structures in any case but a year later and with a year less development at AFL level. IMO players who aren't part of our future should not be in the side.