Author Topic: Official Team for Round 15  (Read 8132 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Official Team for Round 15
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 11:27:48 PM »
Chicken Wings will last 1/2 a game before he does his leg cause his winged & concusssed

Pretty ordinary post.
What sort of supporter let alone bloke bags a young bloke and predicts/hopes he gets injured. Absolute grime.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:00:15 AM by Popelord »
Go Tigers!

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2011, 12:03:13 AM »

it looks as though Hardwick has finally seen the light and is playing the youngsters.  :cheers
just hope he keeps them in till the end of the year and we'll know if they're any good.

Has he seen the light or are the youngsters you speak of finally ready to play.... :whistle :whistle :whistle
I would think the latter considering Griffiths has been injured all season and Post has been clearly out of form.....

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
it seems as though all the Miller lovers on this forum MUST eat some humble pie (ie Al).
The arguement has Always been wether or not it was worth having Miller in the team at the expense of youngsters Griffiths or Post.
I have never considered Miller in the senior team as a good idea and ive always maintained it is an absolute waste of time having him in the team.
it looks as though Hardwick has finally seen the light and is playing the youngsters.  :cheers
just hope he keeps them in till the end of the year and we'll know if they're any good.

you're off your tree.

show me where i said i had any love for miller?

after a few games in the seconds to get some match fitness, miller has made way for griffiths, as he was always going to. right from the day they drafted miller, hardwick said that miller understood and accepted his role.

even just the other day this was posted
Spoke to Danny Daly and said that Griffiths is one big game for Coburg away for a Senior call up. Said they would look at him really closely today. Shame he got injured, any news?

What else did Danny say, I am interested ;)

A fair bit of cliche stuff to be honest. Nothing ground breaking. Said he was going to head to Werribee and watch Griffiths closely and that Miller understands his role and will make way with no fuss when required.

Nothing else that was really excited, mentioned Cousins popped in.

I mean it's a pretty straight forward concept. you have a young big forward with ability but dodgy shoulders not having played any football for 9 months or so with only three or so games in his career. He was able to be nursed along because the club had a big bodied hard working forward who could keep his spot warm for him until he was ready.

but somehow the club has seen the light? well hallelujah brother, next hardwick and co will shaking on the floor and speaking in toungues.

Even after the event, you still cant comprehend what has happened.

you would have played griffths before he was ready and then wondered why he either broke down or had his confidence shot to pieces because his fitness was so far behind every ones else.

Either that or you would have rewarded a player who obviously has some element of his game the staff want him to rectify and then complained in five years what a lazy footballer he is and a wasted talent.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2011, 07:09:18 AM »
it seems as though all the Miller lovers on this forum MUST eat some humble pie (ie Al).
The arguement has Always been wether or not it was worth having Miller in the team at the expense of youngsters Griffiths or Post.
I have never considered Miller in the senior team as a good idea and ive always maintained it is an absolute waste of time having him in the team.

you're off your tree.

show me where i said i had any love for miller?

after a few games in the seconds to get some match fitness, miller has made way for griffiths, as he was always going to. right from the day they drafted miller, hardwick said that miller understood and accepted his role.

even just the other day this was posted
Spoke to Danny Daly and said that Griffiths is one big game for Coburg away for a Senior call up. Said they would look at him really closely today. Shame he got injured, any news?

What else did Danny say, I am interested ;)

A fair bit of cliche stuff to be honest. Nothing ground breaking. Said he was going to head to Werribee and watch Griffiths closely and that Miller understands his role and will make way with no fuss when required.

Nothing else that was really excited, mentioned Cousins popped in.

I mean it's a pretty straight forward concept. you have a young big forward with ability but dodgy shoulders not having played any football for 9 months or so with only three or so games in his career. He was able to be nursed along because the club had a big bodied hard working forward who could keep his spot warm for him until he was ready.

but somehow the club has seen the light? well hallelujah brother, next hardwick and co will shaking on the floor and speaking in toungues.

Even after the event, you still cant comprehend what has happened.

you would have played griffths before he was ready and then wondered why he either broke down or had his confidence shot to pieces because his fitness was so far behind every ones else.

Either that or you would have rewarded a player who obviously has some element of his game the staff want him to rectify and then complained in five years what a lazy footballer he is and a wasted talent.

Far too much logic there al

Miller had a role, he knows/knew what it is/was - he played the role that was asked of him. Would also suggest to few people here that they would be staggered to konw how popular and how high a regard Miller is held at by the players but I digrese

If we had played Griffiths straight away as opposed to easing him back into things and he had injured his shoulders again or sustained some other injury form lack of match conditioning. The experts on here would have in no particular order :

- Bagged Griffiths unmercifully
- Said Griffiths career was over
- said He was a wasted pick
- Bagged Griffiths unmercifully
- sooked Our recruiting department are clueless
- Said he was a hack, soft and a dud
- Bagged our coaches
- etc etc
- and just for good measure Bagged Griffiths unmercifully again
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2011, 08:16:10 AM »
Haha good thread
Im just glad to see the kid is ready to play
good luck kiddo  :thumbsup  :gotigers
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

gerkin greg

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »
Haha good thread
Im just glad to see the kid is ready to play
good luck kiddo  :thumbsup  :gotigers

Agree with this. Some fine quality in this thread.  :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2011, 08:29:36 AM »
OMG here we go again rewarding players with no form. Thursfield, Griffiths,  :birthday

dumb. Thursfield 1 game at Coburg hardly warrants a call up.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Gourdis, McGuane, Miller and Webberley had no form either though....

We're a long way off having good depth still.

Well if he plays on his man then thats a huge step forward. McGuane & Thursfield fighting for the same place  :lol :lol
Chicken Wings will last 1/2 a game before he does his leg cause his winged & concusssed

you must admit though we would almost be better off playing with one less man than playing Mcguane. He is RUBBISH and at times embarassing to watch given his hefty contract.

we have seen the best of Mcguane and its borderline VFL so IMO we are stuffed down back unless one of Grimes and Astbury turn into A graders.

We wont win a flag or even start to contest finals till we fix these holes that are all over the place.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »

we have seen the best of Mcguane and its borderline VFL so IMO we are stuffed down back unless one of Grimes and Astbury turn into A graders.

When there playing beside McGuane it's not hard to look like an A grader:lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
OMG here we go again rewarding players with no form. Thursfield, Griffiths,  :birthday

dumb. Thursfield 1 game at Coburg hardly warrants a call up.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Thursfield only had to play one game to be in better form than McGuane...Nothing Dumb about that!

match fitness & game time is the most important key to the game. you cant surely tell me Thursfield is ready to play League Football after 1 game in a Coburg side. l put my money on McGuane to kick 5 goals on him & thats a statement

Tigermonk

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »

If your basing it on last weeks effort you could make Thursfield Captin play him at full back, center half forward full forward and pinch hit him in the ruck........oh he would probably do alright as a small forward as well :whistle :whistle

Thursfield   :lol these guys are coming into the side to play for thier future. Thier careers are on the line starting from this weekend. Thursfield career finished last year & wanted out. Nobody wanted him not even GCS  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
:lol

McGuane and Gus playing for Coburg  ;D I didn't know we'd reached the 25th of December quite yet.  :cheers

:thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »

Pretty ordinary post.
What sort of supporter let alone bloke bags a young bloke and predicts/hopes he gets injured. Absolute grime.

this guy is simply not ready. needs more game time & needs to kick a few bags of goals at Coburg.
what has he done to warrant a game honestly. Do you seriouly think he is going to be playing.
What sort of a supporter am l ? l will tell you.  One who has played football, Coached & Admin football, & one who does not like players being rewarded for no form. Guys like Thursfield who has no form cause his played 1 game. He will be chopped up by the fit forwards & the only chance he will have is if he brings his dogs, dog collar & chain to put on his opponant. He will be fisting fresh air from behind & will be still fisting when he gets home cause he got a easy avenue.

So best of luck to these players & please Richmond players prove me wrong.  Cause we are really depleted in defence & have been for many many years. Any Admin & Coaches would clearly see that long ago. Why do they persist to draft hacks. Why persist with players that we see are clumsy & help the opposition score goals.  Bring in Thursfield who has played 1 game & what did he do last week to be promoted ? Coburg got raped.

As they say Imposters should not be rewarded, you know what imposter means Popelord ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor

l have to admit l PMSL reading that imposter peice cause it sums you up perfectly since l caught you out & know who you really are  ;D

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »
I think you need to up the meditation, Monkman, you are getting too wound up.

I'd recommend meditating the way I do at 5pm daily.  :cheers
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Tigermonk

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
I think you need to up the meditation, Monkman, you are getting too wound up.

I'd recommend meditating the way I do at 5pm daily.  :cheers

gee you just fractured my feelings ;D 5pm meditation at The Royal tomorrow arvo. will the topless barmaids be on  ;D

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »

Pretty ordinary post.

this guy is simply not ready. needs more game time & needs to kick a few bags of goals at Coburg.
what has he done to warrant a game honestly. Do you seriouly think he is going to be playing.
What sort of a supporter am l ? l will tell you.  One who has played football, Coached & Admin football, & one who does not like players being rewarded for no form. Guys like Thursfield who has no form cause his played 1 game. He will be chopped up by the fit forwards & the only chance he will have is if he brings his dogs, dog collar & chain to put on his opponant. He will be fisting fresh air from behind & will be still fisting when he gets home cause he got a easy avenue.

So best of luck to these players & please Richmond players prove me wrong.  Cause we are really depleted in defence & have been for many many years. Any Admin & Coaches would clearly see that long ago. Why do they persist to draft hacks. Why persist with players that we see are clumsy & help the opposition score goals.  Bring in Thursfield who has played 1 game & what did he do last week to be promoted ? Coburg got raped.

As they say Imposters should not be rewarded, you know what imposter means Popelord ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor

l have to admit l PMSL reading that imposter peice cause it sums you up perfectly since l caught you out & know who you really are  ;D

Can hardly make out what your trying to say with the spelling of a 4 year old. You talk too much for a guy with no sense.

Gourdis played a blinder was rewarded with a senior game and looked horrible. Doesn't always work like that.

We don't have a gun first 22 players that need our reserves to play blinders to take positions off them. We carry our last 10 players picked.

Common sense prevails, drop guys who aren't playing well. We haven't got playing ripping up the VFL to come in. Would you like to play with 16 players instead?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:39:38 PM by WilliamPowell »
Go Tigers!