Author Topic: New 3-year deal between Richmond and Coburg (Age)  (Read 2036 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: New 3-year deal between Richmond and Coburg (Age)
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »
Reality check guys.  It will take a minimum 1-2 years of planning and implementation to get a standalone side up and running, and that won't happen until we can be sure it can be funded on an ongoing permanent basis (the AFL will demand this before it allows us to do so anyway).  Given that only part of the FTF money is for the standalone side and we are only halfway in terms of timeframe and money raised, then it makes perfect prudent sense to sign a new agreement for 3 years.  Any less would be unreasonable, any more might be detrimental so 3 years seems about right to me.  A standalone side can't possibly happen before then so why not sign the agreement?

If Collingwood were in the same position, it would happen over night

Rubbish.  You can't change the facts of financial position, logistics, approvals etc.

Eddie McGuire can achieve the unachievable.
he did get athletics aust moved out of Olmypic Park so Colligwood can take over

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 12:44:07 PM »
Mate, and thats why we are where we are.
look at Carlton, make there own rules to get Judd, re Visy involvement and now the AFL cover up the loop hole

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »
Reality check guys.  It will take a minimum 1-2 years of planning and implementation to get a standalone side up and running, and that won't happen until we can be sure it can be funded on an ongoing permanent basis (the AFL will demand this before it allows us to do so anyway).  Given that only part of the FTF money is for the standalone side and we are only halfway in terms of timeframe and money raised, then it makes perfect prudent sense to sign a new agreement for 3 years.  Any less would be unreasonable, any more might be detrimental so 3 years seems about right to me.  A standalone side can't possibly happen before then so why not sign the agreement?

good bit of perspective smokey.

it cant be rushed, particularly if we dont have the funds for it right now.

If we rushed the decision and a balls up occurred the club would cop a bagging for that. Once again it seems that no matter what way they go they just will not please some people.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 12:50:45 PM »

100% agree with smokey on this.
Also I think the FTF will keep on running into next season before we reaching the full 6 million.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 03:23:26 PM »
If this occurs then its a terrible decision. You cant go out on the one hand raising millions of dollars and then make a decision like this, when you have told the supporters a key priority is to have your own reserves team.

True if the raised a caertain amount of the $6 mil

The Club also made it very clear that to field their own VFL side they said they would need $4-4.5 mil of the $6mil.

They also guaranteed (rightly) that the majority of the money was to get rid of the debt.

At the moment they got $2.6 of the $6 - a long way off and therefore as per what they have said all along not enough to field their own VFL side.

And let's not forget they have always said it was highly unlikely that they would have their own VFL team in season 2012.

I think you will find that both clubs will have an out clause ....
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 05:28:53 PM »
If this occurs then its a terrible decision. You cant go out on the one hand raising millions of dollars and then make a decision like this, when you have told the supporters a key priority is to have your own reserves team.

True if the raised a caertain amount of the $6 mil

The Club also made it very clear that to field their own VFL side they said they would need $4-4.5 mil of the $6mil.

They also guaranteed (rightly) that the majority of the money was to get rid of the debt.

At the moment they got $2.6 of the $6 - a long way off and therefore as per what they have said all along not enough to field their own VFL side.

And let's not forget they have always said it was highly unlikely that they would have their own VFL team in season 2012.

I think you will find that both clubs will have an out clause ....

Hang on a sec WP - didn't Infamy, yourtself(if not u then i apologise) and several others tell us all that we are using the FTF money to spread evenly across all priorities not mainly debt? This was after myself and a few others said just get rid of debt first and save ourselves 500mill in interest payments.

which is it? this is what annoys me about the club - constant mixed msgs to appease the masses at different junctures of time.

Just a smoke and mirrors FOS club