Author Topic: Hardwick has my support  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick has my support
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »
I actually agree with X to a certain degree.

This joking around at training rubbish screams of Spud mark 2.

Yay lets hide in rubbish bins and be mates with everyone. Wake up Dimma and be respected and feared like Malthouse

We have been there done that.

I cant stand it when i hear him say this player will always be first picked because of this reason when his form has been rubbish and shouldnt be anywhere near our starting 22.

A rebuild is a rebuild and Dimma needs at least another year before we start talking about sackings. The problem i have is our football department has stayed relatively the same. Idiots like CC and FJ are still there and i cant understand why.

Get rid of them and poach someone who knows their stuff like a Balme. CC is a poor mans trump and his opinion counts for nil all.

What were we thinking picking up rubbish from Melbourne and lets face it he is exactly that

Edited: for not even trying to avoid the swear filter

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:00:12 AM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 12:34:51 PM »
  Are you Andrew Bolt???

C'mon Mods, do your job.

I'm all for robust debate but that is going too far.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 02:09:01 PM »
Spud came in with a bang and made the finals. Dimma lost his first 9 games. Where is the comparison there?!
Spud tried to be everyone's 'Cherry-ripe' mate, never distancing himself from the group, never educating the team. Dimma is a hands on developer who the players have been quoted as stating they fully respect and are careful not to step outside of his directions.

I think people are missing the point here. As a club, we are at a stage where development, culture and building towards the future is the priority. Mistakes should be encouraged if they made in the effort of individual or team improvement. If players stuff up - so what! Judgement on the coach is not based on wins or loses but players and team development. I think it is hard (actually I think it is impossible) to argue we have not improved this year. The amazing thing is, is that we have done it with an incredibly young squad and team. Dimma's directorate was to put as many games into the squad as possible and he has more than achieved this.

All these calls for Dimmas head is rediculous. A coach like Clarkson or even Malthouse would not be able to condure any more wins than Dimma is currently doing and may hurt our future success in the effort. As painful as it continues to prove, we need to take these rodgerings to improve. We need to stay patient and need to stay focused on development, recruitment, trading and building towards success. I know that is a bitter pill to swallow and trying to force it down after so many years (actually my pill is giving me heartburn currently ;)) reverting to the old 'sack the coach' would be a massive step backwards.

Dimma is doing exactly what is expected of him - developing and educating our young list. You can't ask more than that of him at this stage.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »
The calls for Dimmas head is rediculous.
reverting to the old 'sack the coach' would be a massive step backwards.
Dimma is doing exactly what is expected of him - developing and educating our young list. You can't ask more than that of him at this stage.

'Ere 'ere

Spot on stripes - the reactionary's have a greater poll phobia that the ALP.

It is about time RFC had a strategy, a clear list development plan and stuck to the task for greater than 2 seasons!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:21 PM »
Craig Cameron aint the man we should be looking at going forward.
These 5 year contracts are killing us.

Cameron's list management is under the spotlight at Richmond no doubt.

His latest ramble re chasing players to fill needs is testament to that.

He is the one in the hot seat, not the coach.

the claw

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 11:48:05 PM »
Dimma is self destructing

he has made the massive mistake to become a big bro and mate to the players

he is now delusional saying we are better than we actually are, he must accept reality and his role or he will not get another contract.

facts are we r not better, and he is to close to the players and selecting blokes he likes

he started off his coaching career really well, i see alot of similarities between him and spud

its time we got and chased mick malthouse hard clarkson , they are the two best coaches going around

Your calling for the coaches head, 1.5 seasons into a ground up rebuild, based on a series of assumptions?

Last time I checked we were ahead of where we were this time last year. Things ebb and flow.

Clarkson is a douche bag who got gifted a top 4 list, who had a dream run for 1 year. That's the only reason he is perceived as a good coach.

Happy to win one or two more for the year, make 8-9 changes to the list and reload for next year.

why win one or two and against who gcs ffs. put the que in the rack and do what we can to get pick 8 or 10. time to give the oriellys  deas  nasons webberleys etc etc plenty of game time you never know one of em just might show something.
reality is we have half a list ( at least 10 this yr ) to clean out. if we are to go to the draft lets give ourselves the best possible chance of picking a few good players. sorry people but its tank time.