Author Topic: Nathan Foley [merged]  (Read 109796 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Nathan Foley [merged]
« Reply #1260 on: May 19, 2015, 02:49:01 AM »
The medical management of this guy is a farce.  He spoke at the prematch function and said he injured his knee in the VFL the other week.  He described a knee that locked. That means he has a torn meniscus (cartilage) and that doesn't get better without an arthroscopy.

So my question is why hasn't he had the surgery yet? Walking around with this just aggravates the injury.

What is going on down there?

Sorry but I'm going to call you out on that. Yes that could be the case but a locked knee does not always mean torn meniscus

My rationale on that statement was that they sent a guy back out there for who wasn't feeling great in the same knee he had 2 reconstructions on. I don't think it takes a Dr House to figure out that's a bad idea.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2015, 07:24:29 AM »
The medical management of this guy is a farce.  He spoke at the prematch function and said he injured his knee in the VFL the other week.  He described a knee that locked. That means he has a torn meniscus (cartilage) and that doesn't get better without an arthroscopy.

So my question is why hasn't he had the surgery yet? Walking around with this just aggravates the injury.

Sorry but I'm going to call you out on that. Yes that could be the case but a locked knee does not always mean torn meniscus
Maybe not 100% of the time but he'll it is the vast majority. 
Locking knee = MRI =arthroscopy if MRI positive.

Should have been done 2 weeks ago. For Foley it could mean his season.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1262 on: May 19, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »

Maybe not 100% of the time but he'll it is the vast majority. 
Locking knee = MRI =arthroscopy if MRI positive.

Should have been done 2 weeks ago. For Foley it could mean his season.

Time for the club to call it a day on Foley. His offered nothing his whole career. maybe a handful of games at most.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1263 on: May 19, 2015, 10:31:56 AM »
Bit harsh thought he had a couple of good seasons

No More

« Reply #1264 on: May 19, 2015, 10:37:07 AM »
Our club doesn't make hard decisions. If they had any balls they would have retired Newman and Foley ages ago and delisted many others but they stay on the list, take up important salary cap space whilst denying us the chance to have a couple of other players on the list.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1265 on: May 19, 2015, 10:58:37 AM »
Our club doesn't make hard decisions. If they had any balls they would have retired Newman and Foley ages ago and delisted many others but they stay on the list, take up important salary cap space whilst denying us the chance to have a couple of other players on the list.

Richmond has pushed many players out the door. That is why the club goes backwards

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1266 on: May 19, 2015, 08:40:21 PM »
foley 3 year contract
hampson 3 year contract
knights 3 year contract

9 years of zero contribution from those 3 and some didnt want to pay dusty an extra 100k
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1267 on: May 19, 2015, 08:50:59 PM »

Richmond has pushed many players out the door. That is why the club goes backwards

It feels like foley have bee there for 20yearsz and done nothing.
Fair dunkum. It's a bloody joke.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1268 on: May 19, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »

Are you serious? Who exactly have we "pushed out the door" that we shouldn't have this century? Ottens wanted to leave. Coughlan, Brown & Gaspar were all finished....so.... Matthew White maybe? I mean I thought Contin & Darrou were both unlucky....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1269 on: May 19, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »

Are you serious? Who exactly have we "pushed out the door" that we shouldn't have this century? Ottens wanted to leave. Coughlan, Brown & Gaspar were all finished....so.... Matthew White maybe? I mean I thought Contin & Darrou were both unlucky....
dont forget Relton

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1270 on: May 19, 2015, 09:09:47 PM »
Well obviously we don't want to be pushing the likes of Newman , Foley, Knights, Petterd, Thomarse & Hamspud out the door unless we want to go backwards......

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1271 on: November 14, 2015, 04:31:09 AM »
Axel has joined the coaching staff at Box Hill Hawks.

https://twitter.com/PaulAmy375/with_replies

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1272 on: November 14, 2015, 01:42:18 PM »
In charge of their rehab?

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1273 on: November 15, 2015, 09:23:33 AM »
Will be a great coach IMO. Absolute professional with training and preparation. Good bloke. Will be a great influence on some younger kids.

Good luck to him!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1274 on: November 15, 2015, 11:18:18 AM »
Will be a great coach IMO. Absolute professional with training and preparation. Good bloke. Will be a great influence on some younger kids.

Good luck to him!

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)