Author Topic: Have you been more angry as a Richmond fan?  (Read 8253 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Have you been more angry as a Richmond fan?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
The first game the Eagles played was against us......they won.....I was there.... :scream

Every game we are supposed to win we lose...we have always been the same.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 10:09:53 PM »
The first game the Eagles played was against us......they won.....I was there.... :scream

You started the rot WAT. You said we should beat Port by 80 points a few weeks ago and we have never looked back. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »

You started the rot WAT. You said we should beat Port by 80 points a few weeks ago and we have never looked back. :lol :rollin :lol

I was gonna blame David King who said we were dead set certs for the 8

But now I'm with ya Tucker - let's blame WAT  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
Also add the fact the club has preached about a stand alone VFL side and then signed a 3 year deal with Coburg.

I hate to say it but I find myself with less trust of the club as I ever had. Club is lucky we have Gale otherwise I don't know what I'd say on here about it.

With all due respect Pope you seem to be (like everyone else I might add) have only paid attention to part of the Club's speil regarding a stand alone VFL side. Yes they want one but they have been very clear in what was needed re the FTF for this to happen

Firstly the FTF target is $6mil (they currently have $2.6 mil). They clearly gave a list of what the $$$ would go to as it was raised. First principle was without hesitation that half the funds raised would go to retire debt. First non debt item was the reconfiguration of Punt Road Oval to Etihad stadium dimensions. The next non debt area was money for recruitment .. end of story that hasn't changed form day one

Secondly and most importantly the Club made it very clear at the FTF dinner and it was posted on this site by those who attended that for the Club to field its own stand alone VFL team it would need to raise at least $4 to 4.5mil of the $6mil. Unless that happened the club would not be a position to do it...

As it stands right now whether we like it or not they don't have the money to field a own stand alone VFL side - so what do you suggest they do? Go further into debt or not pay off the debt just appease fans who want a VFL side - not very smart I wouldn't have thought and I can just see the outcry on here if they did....

And finally are you seriously that naive to think that any AFL Club who is in aligmment with a VFL club doesn't have an out clause in case circumstances change...

And BTW I find your comment abount Benny gale quite funny - you whack the Club for selling home games which was a Benny decision but then in the next sentence say thank god for Benny  ::) ::) which is it exactly a whack or a good decision by the great man Benny  :rollin I think Benny is doing a very good job but please give the man whack for the selling of ga :thumbsupmes

WP, to shed some light, the club wants money for a VFL side, for Free Agency, higher allowance for football department spending. All been highlighted at major areas that need to be invested in for the club to succeed.

An estimated 6m figure of the FTF was meant to fund all of this?
Failure to reach that 6mil figure throws it out the window?

If its so important to go out to the clubs members and rattle tins for this investment, surely its still important that maybe some restructuring of the clubs finances can make it possible.

There is no over night solution, but I find it disappointing that the club preached the importance of these things to be invested in, yet when the FTF doesn't reach the expected heights, the importance is suddenly irrelevant. Surely if its so important than a plan B is set in place, instead of a 'oh well at least we tried'? - At least thats what it looks like to me, I could be missing something.

The decision to sell the home games is a double edged sword. Benny/The Club deserves a whack for it but also praise. It could have been done better.
Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »
As a kid i remember watching the 80 GF with my old man.
He's gone now.
Would have been great to watch ONE more with my best mate.
Thanks for nothing you insipid fools.

When Frawley was coaching and after one of our many pumpings,i sent an email to the club with my real name and mobile number.
In the email I told the club i was going to burn the joint to the ground unless they got rid of spud.
Next day i get a call from the CIB........He must have been a Richmond supporter as he said,
"Mate i know how u feel but u just cant say that!"
lol

Fast Forward today and unfortunately what anger once coursed thru my veins is now a subtle flow in comparison.

I'm a defeated man.
I truly dont appreciate the modern game and ofetn wonder why i still follow it.
It's netball with light body contact

Ox

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »
its two lifetimes away from going to night games at VFL park with Roy Wright and Dad....now that was the culture.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
WP, to shed some light, the club wants money for a VFL side, for Free Agency, higher allowance for football department spending. All been highlighted at major areas that need to be invested in for the club to succeed.

If its so important to go out to the clubs members and rattle tins for this investment, surely its still important that maybe some restructuring of the clubs finances can make it possible.

Sorry Pope which part of my post didn't you understand?

Yes the FTF target of $6mil if reached was to cover all these things

But they have made it clear that if the TOTAL target is not reached what will be financed and in what order. That is their plan B

They have said if they get to $4-4.5 mil then half of goes to paying off the debt (which means we will still have a $2mil debt but an interest bill cut in half) and they will use the remainder to fund things like a VFL team.

Are you now saying you don't want them to pay of ANY debt and rather them use the money only in the footy dept....  if you are then you a wanting the club to go further into debt which isn't going to help us long term

He's gone now.

I know what you mean Ox.

I never got to go to one game with my Dad. I would love to have gone to ONE tiger -v- Pies game with my Dad that would have been special.

gotta say I wouldn't mind one more day at the footy with Ma Powell either 

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 10:36:49 PM »
He's gone now.

When Frawley was coaching and after one of our many pumpings,i sent an email to the club with my real name and mobile number.
In the email I told the club i was going to burn the joint to the ground unless they got rid of spud.
Next day i get a call from the CIB........He must have been a Richmond supporter as he said,
lol

Fast Forward today and unfortunately what anger once coursed thru my veins is now a subtle flow in comparison.

I'm a defeated man.

Thats too funny

i thought you were going to say the CIB guy said "I know how you feel lets do it"

It seems most of us at some point have sent an email to the club.  I once sent one to Greg Miller after the geelong mauling asking for his sacking.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »

Sorry Pope which part of my post didn't you understand?

Yes the FTF target of $6mil if reached was to cover all these things

But they have made it clear that if the TOTAL target is not reached what will be financed and in what order. That is their plan B

They have said if they get to $4-4.5 mil then half of goes to paying off the debt (which means we will still have a $2mil debt but an interest bill cut in half) and they will use the remainder to fund things like a VFL team.

Are you now saying you don't want them to pay of ANY debt and rather them use the money only in the footy dept....  if you are then you a wanting the club to go further into debt which isn't going to help us long term

He's gone now.

I know what you mean Ox.

I never got to go to one game with my Dad. I would love to have gone to ONE tiger -v- Pies game with my Dad that would have been special.

gotta say I wouldn't mind one more day at the footy with Ma Powell either 

Yeah I understand all of that, I just have a concern with how important these things are yet the club is relying on the supporters to fund it instead of having a back up plan (refinancing departments, reducing expenditure etc.) if the members didn't reach "x" numbers of donations.

I understand how important all those things are and the club has them in the correct order but if the members are to believe that these things that need investment are truly as important as the club says they are will they restructure other departments to fund them now the supporters didn't reach the 6mil figure?

No.

So that to me suggests either:

a) They aren't that important.
or
b) The club was naive and expected this money to come in and failed to have a plan b to achieve these investments if the members didn't reach 6 mil.

I'm leaning towards B.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »
He's gone now.

lol

I'm a defeated man.

Thats too funny

i thought you were going to say the CIB guy said "I know how you feel lets do it"

It seems most of us at some point have sent an email to the club.  I once sent one to Greg Miller after the geelong mauling asking for his sacking.

I'm thinking of drafting my first email to the club.

I'll be gunning for Craig Cameron and his decisions and the selection committee.
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »

I was gonna blame David King who said we were dead set certs for the 8

But now I'm with ya Tucker - let's blame WAT  :rollin

:cheers..yep I should of just kept it zipped.... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 11:47:21 PM »
Yeah I understand all of that, I just have a concern with how important these things are yet the club is relying on the supporters to fund it instead of having a back up plan (refinancing departments, reducing expenditure etc.) if the members didn't reach "x" numbers of donations.

I understand how important all those things are and the club has them in the correct order but if the members are to believe that these things that need investment are truly as important as the club says they are will they restructure other departments to fund them now the supporters didn't reach the 6mil figure?

No.

So that to me suggests either:

a) They aren't that important.
or
b) The club was naive and expected this money to come in and failed to have a plan b to achieve these investments if the members didn't reach 6 mil.

I'm leaning towards B.

Pope - I don't think you do understand because as I have said twice now they clearly have a plan B if they don't reach the target. They have a plans in place based on a varity of scenarios if they don't reach the $6 mil target how much simpler do you want them to be?  

Your suggestion that they should look at "refinancing departments, reducing expenditure etc" is to be blunt farcical because that's what they've been doing for the last 10 years and that's why sit in the bottom four in the Comp for footy department spend. Remember we haven't invested in recruiting, development etc like other clubs for years

That's why the launched the FTF in the first place to 1/ get rid of the debt and the 500K interest bill that goes with the debt and to have funds in place to invest heavily in the footy side of things

But what the hell let's go with your theory of restructuring departments for a minute.

Which ones should be re-structure exactly? The Marketing & Sponsorship department perhaps? Yeah we don't need all those people out there getting sponsors? Membership department? No we really should go back to having the most understaffed membeship department in the AFL. the admin side of the footy department perhaps?

Finally, outside of what i have said already the club has made it abundantly clear that if they don't reach the target the will continue work to getting rid of the debt and increase the footy department investment incrementally based on their yearly operations (read profit) because there isn't any other way it can be achieve .. so don't say their isn't a plan b - you may not like it but it is there for all to see

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 06:50:30 AM »
Anger is a very negative, unproductive emotion. Ranks right up there with jealousy, spite, envy and greed. A lot of people waste a lot of time on anger.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 07:00:06 AM »
Unfortunately I had this horrible feeling we would lose and we did. It wasn't a surprise to lose and that for me is the saddest thing of all.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 09:03:52 AM »
Anger is a very negative, unproductive emotion. Ranks right up there with jealousy, spite, envy and greed. A lot of people waste a lot of time on anger.

You're right. We should all spend more time sitting in the lotus position listening to whale music, and chanting "serenity now" ;D