Author Topic: Have you been more angry as a Richmond fan?  (Read 8254 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Have you been more angry as a Richmond fan?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:21 AM »
Looking at Heppell at Essendon and Conca with us it looks like we missed out again. Conca will  be a good player. Looks like a B grade player not an A, sadly Heppell looks like hes going to develop into an A grade player. It these types of mistakes that kill Richmond. Every year this happens.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 09:20:33 AM »
I said this from day 1 Ramps. He is too short to be a modern day midfielder. Yeah yeah Harvey some will say.

Good average player yes i have no doubt, but IMO this was a massive risk, one which should never have been taken.

We have now another small/mid size player to add to the 8 or so we already have on our list.

Francis Jackson is an absolute disgrace and should be sacked. He has had 5 years in the job had enough
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 10:15:54 AM »
Looking at Heppell at Essendon and Conca with us it looks like we missed out again. Conca will  be a good player. Looks like a B grade player not an A, sadly Heppell looks like hes going to develop into an A grade player. It these types of mistakes that kill Richmond. Every year this happens.

This is a long bow Ramps.. Heppell is very outside Conca looks more inside. We could have done far worse than Conca.

If the draft was picked again I'd assume it would go something like this

1. Swallow
2. Heppell
3. Day
4. Gaff
5. Conca
6. Bennell
7. Polec
8. Caddy/Lynch/Prestia

Conca is still a pick 6 quality, no point crying over spilt milk cause a kid drifted and we didn't grab him over our decent picked player.
Go Tigers!

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »
Anger is a very negative, unproductive emotion. Ranks right up there with jealousy, spite, envy and greed. A lot of people waste a lot of time on anger.

You're right. We should all spend more time sitting in the lotus position listening to whale music, and chanting "serenity now" ;D

Reading this forum I think we should.  :yep

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 12:56:25 PM »
Why I am peeed!

Firstly I know footy ebbs and flows and 6 weeks ago Essendon were in our boat and we were over the moon about the development at the club, even having a sly snigger at Melbourne and Norf and even the Doggies and Aints in the process.
Well good old footy has thrown the curve ball and once again it is us in the poo boat.
What poos me the most and I will use the Cairns game as the example as I was there and those that go know how much more you see being there.

Dustin Martin - I blame the coaching staff when someone like Dustin gets the ball and first instinct is to look sideways. That is not the way he plays or should be forced to play. When we won some games early on it was because guys and in particular Martin taking it on and clearing the ball stuff EN LOOOOONNNGGGG.

We had a chance to get back into it in the 3rd with no Major damage done in the 2nd and what do we do, the exact opposite of gold coast and play ring-a-freakin-rosie with the pill and have our shots on goal from the pockets.

There was one stage in the backline  when we wer'e trying to clear and no poo the was a 50 metre circle in the middle of the ground and no one not one single simple  nuffy or a player even thought about running into it. Once again Coaching or are they all that freakin stupid.

We had Griff Riewoldt and Vickers and with that Breeze you just had to plonk them staggered between the square and the goal and all it would take was ONE kick and a fair chance one would get it BUT NO we go around in circles trying to create when that was not what was called for in the conditions and the position of the game.

JAck WTF is going on there he is leading to the pockets with Players trying to hit him on the chest from 40 metres in those conditions. And JAck needs a good rockets lit under his rs, a few times he could of ATTACKED the freakin thing BUT NO I'll hang back let it bounce and try and be clever and get around the man who is right on my tail and if that doesn't work go for the soccer fn goal off the ground from 30 out in the pocket. It is football Jack attack the Fukin thing dont Make love to it.

Just getting a really bad feeling HArdwick is letting his game plan take too much priority over winning games of footy, which does sound strange but think about it.

Man I am really upset about where we are going right now and 3 more years of this crap and we may be ever too far up the proverbial Sh|t creek to ever get back.

We have to bite the Bullet and get a Ruck and a Back at pretty much whatever cost we necessary.

We are the laughing stock and have no right to belittle any other club in the AFL the way we have been the past 30 years.

Makes me sick ..... End

Spose I will see what they come up with against the cats, but if it is the same I will be on the early train home cause I cant support the poo they are dishing up at the moment.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 02:02:49 PM »
Anger is a very negative, unproductive emotion. Ranks right up there with jealousy, spite, envy and greed. A lot of people waste a lot of time on anger.

You're right. We should all spend more time sitting in the lotus position listening to whale music, and chanting "serenity now" ;D

Reading this forum I think we should.  :yep

I just have this image of us all thirty years into the future, sitting in a nursing home being spoon fed pudding. And we'll be saying it's been 60 years since we won a flag, and the latest 5 year plan is starting to go a bit pear-shaped, and the umpteenth coach to take on the poisoned chalice is looking a bit shakey. But show  patience and faith, we're on the right track, and we'll be celebrating a drought-breaking premiership soon, as the alarms of the Richmond supporter in the bed beside us start going off, and his life-support machine starts flatlining. Still, as long as we don't get angry about it, and get our blood pressure up, eh?

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »

Firstly the FTF target is $6mil (they currently have $2.6 mil). They clearly gave a list of what the $$$ would go to as it was raised. First principle was without hesitation that half the funds raised would go to retire debt. First non debt item was the reconfiguration of Punt Road Oval to Etihad stadium dimensions. The next non debt area was money for recruitment ..  end of story that hasn't changed form day one

I think you've mislead some people with this comment.
The non-debt items were (according to Benny's letter) http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=42677.345
1) Redevelopment of the PRO
2) Pre-payment of TPP
3) RFC Reserves
4) High Performance
Item 2 only refers to the use of the TPP to get players via Free Agency.
It is notable however that most of the presentation reported at the FTF dinner seems to have been about recruitment problems.

It is also notable that the coach makes specific mention of Recruiting and List Analysis in his part of the initial appeal. 
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/FTFCoach/tabid/17129/Default.aspx

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 04:30:41 PM »
Firstly the FTF target is $6mil (they currently have $2.6 mil). They clearly gave a list of what the $$$ would go to as it was raised. First principle was without hesitation that half the funds raised would go to retire debt. First non debt item was the reconfiguration of Punt Road Oval to Etihad stadium dimensions. The next non debt area was money for recruitment .. end of story that hasn't changed form day one

If we are to reconfigre PR Oval to Etihad dimensions then why did we build the Cragieburn facilty?
Have we wasted money there?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:35:25 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
Firstly the FTF target is $6mil (they currently have $2.6 mil). They clearly gave a list of what the $$$ would go to as it was raised. First principle was without hesitation that half the funds raised would go to retire debt. First non debt item was the reconfiguration of Punt Road Oval to Etihad stadium dimensions. The next non debt area was money for recruitment .. end of story that hasn't changed form day one

If we are to reconfigre PR Oval to Etihad dimensions then why did we build the Cragieburn facilty?
Have we wasted money there?

Firstly, we didn't build the Craigienurn facility, the RFC didnt contribute $0.01. It has not cost them anything

The Hume Council, the AFL & the Stockland developed and paid for the entire Craigienurn facility. The RFC have an agreement with the council to use the facility as a summer training venue

The dimensions of Craigienburn are the same as the MCG not Etihad, hence why it was appealing to the RFC as a alternate training venue
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:58:09 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 04:39:58 PM »

Firstly the FTF target is $6mil (they currently have $2.6 mil). They clearly gave a list of what the $$$ would go to as it was raised. First principle was without hesitation that half the funds raised would go to retire debt. First non debt item was the reconfiguration of Punt Road Oval to Etihad stadium dimensions. The next non debt area was money for recruitment ..  end of story that hasn't changed form day one

I think you've mislead some people with this comment.

I dont think I mislead anyone as I have only posted what was said and shown to us at the FTF dinner back in March.

They presented a range of different scenarios of what they intended to do with the money based on how much the FTF raised

They started at $3mil and went all the way to the $6mil

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »
Looking at Heppell at Essendon and Conca with us it looks like we missed out again. Conca will  be a good player. Looks like a B grade player not an A, sadly Heppell looks like hes going to develop into an A grade player. It these types of mistakes that kill Richmond. Every year this happens.

yep, Conca spent alot of time playing twos last years as well.
Mate at the draft last years said Heppell was a stand out

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
Dustin Martin - I blame the coaching staff when someone like Dustin gets the ball and first instinct is to look sideways.

Fair point and being a tiger mid can't be easy when there are VFL teams with a far better ruck division

Just getting a really bad feeling HArdwick is letting his game plan take too much priority over winning games of footy, which does sound strange but think about it.

Good point again CUB. I'm all for buying into the players belief in the gameplan but surely it needs to change pending on the state of the game ? For example if we'd shut GC down defensively in the 2nd qtr we win the game

We have to bite the Bullet and get a Ruck and a Back at pretty much whatever cost we necessary.

We sure do
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

gerkin greg

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 05:56:17 PM »
yep, Conca spent alot of time playing twos last years as well.
Mate at the draft last years said Heppell was a stand out

Twos for who? His WAFL club? Well that's true. Concs was playing senior WAFL footy against men and WAFL reserves whilst Heppell was playing TAC.

Plus he was captaining his school side and vice captaining his state side, and of course Colts level footy.

FJ rated Heppell extremely highly FWIW, club went for an inside mid over another half back flanker.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 06:04:17 PM »
Twos for who? His WAFL club? Well that's true. Concs was playing senior WAFL footy against men and WAFL reserves whilst Heppell was playing TAC.

Plus he was captaining his school side and vice captaining his state side, and of course Colts level footy.

FJ rated Heppell extremely highly FWIW, club went for an inside mid over another half back flanker.

Spot on mate , Conca has done as much you could hope for an 18yr old first year player. He'll be a ten year tiger I reckon
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 06:07:47 PM »
I'm not going to judge Conca v Heppell yet but I am concerned that we keep drafting red heads.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...