Author Topic: Have you been more angry as a Richmond fan?  (Read 8276 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Have you been more angry as a Richmond fan?
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 06:15:30 PM »
Ive been far more angry.

Losing 133-57 R22 against Melbourne in 1998 summed us up as a club extremely well.

Needing only a competitive effort to make the finals we were embarrassed.

The match was built up enormously and we manage to have Jeff Farmer destroy the game as a contest within 5 minutes of the 1st bounce.

We miss finals by a measly 4%. We didnt even have to win the match, just get close.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 06:19:29 PM »
I'm not going to judge Conca v Heppell yet but I am concerned that we keep drafting red heads.

Yeh well I got treated for Heppell at the local GP yesterday.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 06:19:47 PM »
Firstly the FTF target is $6mil (they currently have $2.6 mil). They clearly gave a list of what the $$$ would go to as it was raised. First principle was without hesitation that half the funds raised would go to retire debt. First non debt item was the reconfiguration of Punt Road Oval to Etihad stadium dimensions. The next non debt area was money for recruitment .. end of story that hasn't changed form day one

If we are to reconfigre PR Oval to Etihad dimensions then why did we build the Cragieburn facilty?
Have we wasted money there?

Firstly, we didn't build the Craigienurn facility, the RFC didnt contribute $0.01. It has not cost them anything

The Hume Council, the AFL & the Stockland developed and paid for the entire Craigienurn facility. The RFC have an agreement with the council to use the facility as a summer training venue

The dimensions of Craigienburn are the same as the MCG not Etihad, hence why it was appealing to the RFC as a alternate training venue
Thanks WP!
That was a genuine question btw not a rebuttal!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
im not angry  at all cos i dont care anymore

why should i care? the players dont care! the club dosnt care! the coaches dont care !!

so why should i care anymore

now ... we can pumped by carlton and the coaches bin the game , they dont review it, they didnt even want to talk about it
and look what happens

scott at the kangaroos after the pies pumped them, analysed their game, frame by frame , inch by inch.....why ,,,,, cos he cares and he wants to be a coach

dimsim, comes out and says we have lost our mojo, thats what a coach says when he has lost his mojo and no longer has the ansers

its a shame malthouse has already signed a deal at carlton from what my sources say, seems like we missed the stuffing boat again

we are back to where we started, we r no better than rnd one last yr, well done dimma, you have done sweet stuff all

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 08:39:30 PM »
so what? it doesnt matter if you dont care.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 09:08:38 PM »
its a shame malthouse has already signed a deal at carlton from what my sources say,

have they been on the sauce?

Mick will stay at C'wood  ;D ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 09:23:40 PM »
Take a look at my avatar pic. I was pretty angry then!  ;D

Seriously though, the only times I've been more annoyed than now was after the embarrassing loss against Carlton in the "100K at the G" centenary celebration game of 2008, and then again in Round 1 2009 (both losses to Carlscum), given the way the game (and season) was pumped up by the club. Both times made me furious because of the way the club had promoted them as huge games and told everyone to get out in force, WHICH WE DID, only to go home bitterly disappointed.

I've been a member and have gone to most home games since I was 7 years old (2001), and over that time there's been countless times I've made the long trip home disgusted with the way the Tigers had played. I'm sure, if I bothered to look over our scores from the last 10 years, there'd be a number of times where I'd remember being particularly annoyed. I know that supporters who have been around a lot longer than me would say exactly the same thing, and fortunately for me I'm not old enough to remember the '80s and '90s. But what makes the last 4 weeks the worst is that in the first half of the season, the players did show some really promising signs, they were playing some good footy, and they were showing what appeared to be some genuine fight and passion for the club! All of that has just gone by the wayside over the last 4 weeks, and the worst part is, the majority of the 22 out on the park don't even look like they give a damn! I feel sorry for the small group of players who are still giving it their all, because their half-hearted team-mates are letting them down.

After I left the Carlton game at 3 quarter time to catch the early train, an old man walked past me and said "I've been a Tigers supporter for 80 years, and that was the worst I've ever seen the Tigers play". He was absolutely spot on. We've gone nowhere from the Wallace era of kicking backwards and making basic skill errors, despite any progress that might have been made towards the end of last season and the first half of this season.
Push up!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 09:37:42 PM »
Take a look at my avatar pic. I was pretty angry then!  ;D

Seriously though, the only times I've been more annoyed than now was after the embarrassing loss against Carlton in the "100K at the G" centenary celebration game of 2008, and then again in Round 1 2009 (both losses to Carlscum), given the way the game (and season) was pumped up by the club. Both times made me furious because of the way the club had promoted them as huge games and told everyone to get out in force, WHICH WE DID, only to go home bitterly disappointed.

I've been a member and have gone to most home games since I was 7 years old (2001), and over that time there's been countless times I've made the long trip home disgusted with the way the Tigers had played. I'm sure, if I bothered to look over our scores from the last 10 years, there'd be a number of times where I'd remember being particularly annoyed. I know that supporters who have been around a lot longer than me would say exactly the same thing, and fortunately for me I'm not old enough to remember the '80s and '90s. But what makes the last 4 weeks the worst is that in the first half of the season, the players did show some really promising signs, they were playing some good footy, and they were showing what appeared to be some genuine fight and passion for the club! All of that has just gone by the wayside over the last 4 weeks, and the worst part is, the majority of the 22 out on the park don't even look like they give a damn! I feel sorry for the small group of players who are still giving it their all, because their half-hearted team-mates are letting them down.

After I left the Carlton game at 3 quarter time to catch the early train, an old man walked past me and said "I've been a Tigers supporter for 80 years, and that was the worst I've ever seen the Tigers play". He was absolutely spot on. We've gone nowhere from the Wallace era of kicking backwards and making basic skill errors, despite any progress that might have been made towards the end of last season and the first half of this season.

totally agree with you

Offline J Buckthorn

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 02:46:34 AM »
I'm not going to judge Conca v Heppell yet but I am concerned that we keep drafting red heads.

We need more wogs.

FNM

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2011, 05:28:20 AM »
I am indifferent to the losses now

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »
My emotions at the moment are turning more towards disillusionment rather than anger.

We (Richmond supporters) are not stupid.We can do simple math....2 finals campaigns in 29 years is completely illogical.

We have seen every other AFL team go through the usual peaks and troughs....but not us -we are permanently in the "trough"

We have seen Carlton , a team that was severely crippled for salary cap breaches (cheating) go roaring past us.

Over the past month we have witnessed a Richmond team devoid of any real leadership playing with minimal spirit...a classic example of a team of "down hill skiers"

When will the embarrassment end ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »
My emotions at the moment are turning more towards disillusionment rather than anger.

Fair call. Very much a case of "here we go again..."
Push up!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2011, 06:46:55 AM »
In some respects it is like Groundhog day but unfortunately Richmond has always found a new way to embarass itself. The loss to Gold Coast is just another example

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »
Well, in answer to the title of this thread, YES.  The day so called Tiger supporters spat on Danny Frawly.  Most of our misery is driven by our own supporters demands in the past and the club panicking to to fix it up quickly.  The club has rid itself of a myopic view forward and so should we.  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:47:24 PM by one-eyed »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »
Wallet era wins easily.

Hardwick is still picking up the pieces so if I am angry now, it's still with Waller/Miller.