Author Topic: Tigers are mentally weak: Wayne Carey (BPL)  (Read 3338 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers are mentally weak: Wayne Carey (BPL)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 10:06:58 PM »
He is correct, funny how a new club full of mainly 17 year olds is mentally stronger than us...well not funny it's down right disgusting!!
Its not so much being mentally stronger but having nothing to lose and throwing caution to the wind!

Something we need to do for the rest of the year.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 10:08:31 PM »
Totally agree with him.Guy Mckenna would have been drilling to his players during the week that we a mentally weak and go to water when the going get's tough and raise the flag.

Most coaches would. We play alot of teams into form let alone a bunch of kids that would struggle to beat some VFL sides.

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 11:26:04 PM »
Totally agree with him.Guy Mckenna would have been drilling to his players during the week that we a mentally weak and go to water when the going get's tough and raise the flag.

Most coaches would. We play alot of teams into form let alone a bunch of kids that would struggle to beat some VFL sides.

Not to mention the over-rated, B-grade hacks from other clubs who always seem to have a field day against us.
Push up!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 08:04:56 AM »

yep 100% correct. Same old Richmond.

Its what Lethal used to drill into his charges pre game against us.

"The RFC is a like an egg, as soon as you crush it, the inside is soft and mushy"

We are still the laughing stock of the AFL, all but maybe 2 players, Cotch being one the rest are little girls affraid to get their hands dirty
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »
but only for 18 months
LOL gold!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:17 AM »
Carey's half right. Yes, the Tigers are mentally weak. But we still would have beaten Port Adelaide and Gold Coast in Melbourne. End of story.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
Why are people clinging on to the words of this self serving halfwit anyway?  He would make a pox coach, for a start, he is dumb as a plank and couldn't communicate any knowledge he has coherently.  For example, Warrick Cappa was a talented forward, perhaps we should get him as a coach?  (To be honest, Cappa strikes me as smarter than Carey and has ten times more integrity).  The team looks down right now but in the past they have shown some great tenacity so it is just a case of getting games into these first year players and recruiting to fill our weak spots.  I wouldn't trust Carey near our club, he would be working towards our ruin somehow or other.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »
Carey's half right. Yes, the Tigers are mentally weak. But we still would have beaten Port Adelaide and Gold Coast in Melbourne. End of story.

No we wouldn't have if we dished up the crap we did in Darwin & Cairns. End of story
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:52 PM »
Snip!

We know Capper is a whacko but let's keep things above the belt ppl. Now back to the topic!

gerkin greg

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »
Capper's belt is usually around his ankles...

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 03:53:57 PM »
LMAO, what got snipped? Hate snips.

I like Carey. He was good on Footy Classified

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »
Capper hasn't been snipped. Just watch the video  ;)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »

No we wouldn't have if we dished up the crap we did in Darwin & Cairns. End of story

I honestly believe we wouldn't have dished up that crap at home. Our season unravelling can be traced back to that game in Darwin. We were on a roll, and that game, combined with all the travel and bus trips we endured over the ensuing weeks just killed our momentum stone cold dead. We're talking about the two bottom teams here. By selling out our rights to a TRUE home game, we just played right into their hands. You can argue til the cows come home. But don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. At the end of the day we'll just have to agree to disagree.   

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »
I honestly believe we wouldn't have dished up that crap at home. Our season unravelling can be traced back to that game in Darwin. We were on a roll, and that game, combined with all the travel and bus trips we endured over the ensuing weeks just killed our momentum stone cold dead. We're talking about the two bottom teams here. By selling out our rights to a TRUE home game, we just played right into their hands. You can argue til the cows come home. But don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. At the end of the day we'll just have to agree to disagree.  

It's a hard one Roycey. Who knows what the momentum and confidence would've done for such a young group and the supporter groundswell if we'd played Port at home and flogged em as I believe we would have.
 Truth is though if we were worth our salt we would've won that game...and the week after when we had Melb on toast early...and the Suns game. Even then we probably finish 8th or...err...9th
 We just gotta pray the RFC has got it right this time

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »
LMAO, what got snipped? Hate snips.

I like Carey. He was good on Footy Classified

I hate the snips, I'm always too late to see them before they happen.  How about an archive page where all the snipped threads get placed for those that want to see the bits they missed?   ;D