Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong game thread  (Read 15877 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Geelong game thread
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 06:40:37 AM »
Bring in O'Reilly.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
I'd bring in ORLY or Jakobi instead of Webberley. Seen enough.

I like webberley. Has played a couple of games and only been on for the last 1/4 but looked good with his skill and composure. Must be played  8)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:16 AM »
Agree with Madtiger, a lot are not into him coz he isnt built like Conan.  I would like to see O'Reilly out there again, he showed a ton of courage last year and surprised the hell out of me at how well he had taken to the game.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 12:44:43 PM »
Peeps are into him cuz he aint getting a kick for Richmond. Does use it well but wins no hard ball and goes missing

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »
I'd bring in ORLY or Jakobi instead of Webberley. Seen enough.

I like webberley

Yep , handy VFL player. That's it
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 01:50:21 PM »
INS = Tank  :shh

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »
Yeah true he doesn't win enough of his own pill yet, something he has to bring to the table

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but we're going to get butt-raped at Etihad right, because I think this is probably the 5th or 6th time i've read that we're playing at Skilled Stadium!!??

Hopefully the other mob show up to Skilled and then find out that the game is at Etihad so that they get there at half time.  We might be in with a chance of winning if that happens :)

There is no way that we would be any more than 1 pt in front because after missing the shot and scoring a point we would be standing around waiting for their full back to kick the ball out into play. ::)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 07:51:07 PM »
Agree with Madtiger, a lot are not into him coz he isnt built like Conan.  I would like to see O'Reilly out there again, he showed a ton of courage last year and surprised the hell out of me at how well he had taken to the game.

Needs another week or 2 in the ressies for some more fitness, hasn't played enough footy yet this year for a senior call-up.  But I hope he gets it sooner rather than later as I agree with Owl and MT2010 - I liked the little bit I saw last season.

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 10:11:23 PM »
Can see this being one of those games where we don't go as badly as expected, but we still lose by about 50 points. Either that or Geelong will play themselves back into form and completely blow us to smithereens.
Push up!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:05 AM »
Sportal are saying name your margin  :P.

WE THINK: By their own high standards Geelong's recent form - two losses followed by an unconvincing win over the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba on Sunday - is poor. But it's gleaming compared to the dross the Tigers have been dealing up. Richmond's six defeats from their past seven outings include doozies to Carlton by 103 points, Essendon - when the Tigers conceded the last 10 goals of the contest - and the lowly Suns in Cairns.

Damien Hardwick faces mission impossible to get his demoralised players up after they were cooked to a crisp in the tropics last Saturday. Fresher for some 'me time' at Surfers Paradise, the Cats are pacing themselves in their relentless advance to a top-two finish. This could be ugly.

Name your own margin. It's Geelong by plenty.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/preview-geelong-v-richmond-130874

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 01:57:06 PM »
When I am positive we are going to get thumped, we turn up and play.  When I think we should crap it in, we get rocked.  So we might give it a burl if my voodoo holds true because I reckon we are going to get thumped.  Make sense?  Doesn't to me and I wrote it..

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
When I am positive we are going to get thumped, we turn up and play.  When I think we should crap it in, we get rocked.  So we might give it a burl if my voodoo holds true because I reckon we are going to get thumped.  Make sense?  Doesn't to me and I wrote it..
Hard earned on the Tiges this week is what you are saying.  :gotigers

Ox

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 04:53:30 PM »
176 points

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
wasnt going to go, but have to go.
will be one of the few tiger supporters going, although if they dish up the holding onto the ball and going sideways rubbish, I will have my bag of donuts from the outisde van before half time