Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong game thread  (Read 16325 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Richmond vs Geelong game thread
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »
Thought Richo & Wallace / Co were back today  ;D Midfielders kick it into the forward line to Rewoldt with 4 Geelong players defending him  :rollin

3 Richmond players were all alone in a bunch, great football that right there, It was the only stuffin 5 minutes of the game l watched & turned it off cause it was pathetic. All them forward in a bunch & the mids kick it to the covered player. l'm over that poo years ago.

News highlights showed Rewoldt trying to jump over Vickery WTF give that idiot a rest.

Tuck proved he is a AFL footballer once again well done Tucky,  Richmond rewarded a player with good form. who is on the powder down there  :lol

thats my 5 minutes for the week & thats all Richmond are worth  :gotigers

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHY WE A GOING BACKWARDS AND KICKING SIDEWAYS AND OVER HANDBALLING NOW INSTEAD OF GOING LONG AND DIRECT LIKE WE TRYED TO DO IN THE SECOND HALF AND EARLY ON IN THE SEASON??? FFS WE HAVE GOT 3 MONSTERS UP FPRWARD WITH RIEWOLT ,VICKERY AND GRIFFTHS.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:02:27 AM by one-eyed »

Ox

« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2011, 12:40:50 AM »
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHY WE A GOING BACKWARDS AND KICKING SIDEWAYS AND OVER HANDBALLING NOW INSTEAD OF GOING LONG AND DIRECT LIKE WE TRYED TO DO IN THE SECOND HALF AND EARLY ON IN THE SEASON??? FFS WE HAVE GOT 3 MONSTERS UP FPRWARD WITH RIEWOLT ,VICKERY AND GRIFFTHS.

NO SORRY I CANT!

Edit: fixed quote
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:03:44 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:13 AM »

Gee I don't know

But isn't it interesting that the 2 teams currently sitting on top of the ladder do it all the time. Switching play from one fkank to the other I mean  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »
yeah, but we switch with short kicks and very slow transition, BIG DIFFERENCE

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2011, 09:41:24 AM »
yeah, but we switch with short kicks and very slow transition, BIG DIFFERENCE

Really  :gobdrop :gobdrop

But as usual you are missing my point - I answered the question as to WHY we do it not whether we are any good at it.

BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »
you have missed my point :gobdrop
we did it succesfully for first part of the season, long kicks laterally , quick transition
since round 10-11 we have changed the game plan, :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2011, 01:13:41 PM »
we did it succesfully for first part of the season, long kicks laterally , quick transition

No I dont' think the game plan has changed one iota

Our players are not (for whatever reason) not executing it

Also the other thing is wheni t was working Houli was the main go to guy for the long kick, he is leterally being tagged now as to not get much freedom, hence why he aint kickingi t as long because the majority of his kicks are coming uder pressure where as 9 weeks ago he had all the time in the world

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »

No I dont' think the game plan has changed one iota

Our players are not (for whatever reason) not executing it

Also the other thing is wheni t was working Houli was the main go to guy for the long kick, he is leterally being tagged now as to not get much freedom, hence why he aint kickingi t as long because the majority of his kicks are coming uder pressure where as 9 weeks ago he had all the time in the world

Does this highlight the fact that we appear to have plan A but thats it, no B, C or D?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »
Does this highlight the fact that we appear to have plan A but thats it, no B, C or D?

On the surface the answer would appear to be yes but who knows  ???

Seriously, earlier in the season when we were winning there games where we tried to "slow the play to run down the clock" and our players couldn't or struggled to execute it.

So I question if it is in fact a lack of plan B, C or D or the players are either either not smart enough or mentally tough enough to adapt when things turn to "doggie dos"....

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »

On the surface the answer would appear to be yes but who knows  ???

Seriously, earlier in the season when we were winning there games where we tried to "slow the play to run down the clock" and our players couldn't or struggled to execute it.

So I question if it is in fact a lack of plan B, C or D or the players are either either not smart enough or mentally tough enough to adapt when things turn to "doggie dos"....

Good players with skill can execute a game plan.
Good players with skill can also adopt a new game plan based on a game situation and adhere to it.
Good players with a good psyche can also play regardless of the game situation.
Lamentably some of the players we have running around are neither good nor skillful.
Lamentably for the most part our so called players on the list recruited in the Wallace era who are still at the club are the culprits in these areas of deficiency.
How can we therefore expect a team deficient in skill ability and psyche to carry out a game plan lets call it Plan A and then expect them to carry out a Plan B,C or D?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2011, 11:27:55 PM »

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2011, 07:24:34 AM »
The amount of times a player that wasn't under pressure that could just run straight out of the defensive 50 but instead handballing it to another person that had geelong players all around him was so annoying. We have to many dumb footballers.

Tigermonk

« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »
The amount of times a player that wasn't under pressure that could just run straight out of the defensive 50 but instead handballing it to another person that had geelong players all around him was so annoying. We have to many dumb footballers.

Players do what they are instructed to do. They are instructed at this stage of the season to bottom out. Thats plan B of the game plan  :santa