Author Topic: The Age's season preview - Richmond  (Read 3353 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: The Age's season preview - Richmond
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 01:36:28 PM »
I heard that John and the players he rated and didn't rate was amazing.
As if anyone gives a stuff what he thinks.
Didn't rate Jonathan Brown, Wanganeen and heaps of other great players. 

Yeah lol, but he'll probably have Lance Whitnall as a champion by year's end.

Some other controversial opinions he had when they were throwing names at him:

Ken Hunter wasn't a champion.

Maurice Rioli wasn't a champion.

Glenn Archer is a champion.

Reiwoldt is a champion (even though it doesn't meet his criteria).

I didn't hear the start of the conversation but I think he was talking of playing well in the big games, and winning norm smith medals counts for a lot.

He then said Gary Ayres wasn't a champion.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 02:00:52 PM by JohnF »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 02:08:56 PM »

Reiwoldt is a champion (even though it doesn't meet his criteria).

How can Reiwoldt be a champion when he's only be playing for 3-4 years :banghead

Personally I don't Reiwoldt is champion - not yet anyway. I actually think he is very over-rated.

Doesn't take enough contested marks in my book and he goets a lot of his kicks on the wing which doesn't really hurt the opposition - but that's another story

Maurice Rioli wasn't a champion.

I didn't hear the start of the conversation but I think he was talking of playing well in the big games, and winning norm smith medals counts for a lot.

Maurice Rioli won a Norm Smith medal - so what the hell is Wallsy going on about :banghead Give me a break
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigers80

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 08:38:33 PM »
while on the topic of wallsy heard him on channel 10 and he stated that whitnal was a champion for carlton....pigs arse....i reckon.....

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 10:32:06 PM »
roflfmaooooo, stuff me dead. The guy is on the verge of being delisted, plays two decent games in the wizard cup and now he's a champion.

Wonder if Fiora will be a champion in a couple weeks time.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2005, 03:57:32 PM »
It's unbeleivable how highly regarded Robert Walls is in the media when he really has no idea about football.  The master of calling the good moves after they have happened and he just loves the phrase "well he's just gonna learn the hard way".  He has NFI.  During the Carlton Bullogs game Gilbee was kicking out from a behind and as he took too much time the umpire called play on.  As such Gilbee did play on and was called for not placing a little kick to himself, a reasonable error considering the ump called play on and Fevola was running at him.  Anyway the almighty wanker Walls went off his tree and was saying how it is an in-excusable mistake and that professional footballers should know better.  Yeah, Wallsy, why weren't you just as tough the tiges when you coached them instead of making stupid comments like we're a top 4 team after being belted by essendon by 100 points.  I just can't understand how chanel 10 and the radio station he works for sign him up when he talks utter crap.  IMO he is the worst football caller.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 05:35:12 PM »
Agree Hasslehoffman.

Never analyses the game or offers an opinion on a tactical move until after its consequences take place. When the consequences have taken place he then goes on to describe what just happened as if we couldn't see plainly enough.

There are plenty of idiots in commentary, like Brereton, but at least he puts his arss on the line and analyses tactics before they become obviously exposed or succesful.

And lmfaooooo@having his head up Crhis Johnson's arrs about his kick-ins.