Author Topic: Brett Deledio - 150th game this week  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Brett Deledio - 150th game this week
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 12:02:09 AM »
Pitty we can't get up in these games to reward our players like Lids....

So do you want us to get 'up' for Lids. Or get 'down' for the draft picks?

gerkin greg

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »
stop trying to break WAT's computer willy

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »
Just trying to see WAT's up Jerkin.
SNAAAPPP
i need to go to bed.   :police:

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 02:40:01 AM »
 ;D

Oh Snap - Git awn down

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 11:07:16 PM »
A genuine gun. Congrats on 150 Lids.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 01:02:28 AM »
I know you all miss my positive posts about not winning... ;D but I can't post all the tme at the moment and from the 9th - 21st at all.

Unfortunately I am on holiday through Africa and I will be going on a 10 day walking Safari through South Luangwa soon..... 8)

Please don't miss me and pray I don't end up Lion prey.... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 05:19:41 PM »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 06:26:27 PM »
I know you all miss my positive posts about not winning... ;D but I can't post all the tme at the moment and from the 9th - 21st at all.

Unfortunately I am on holiday through Africa and I will be going on a 10 day walking Safari through South Luangwa soon..... 8)

what the hell do you do?

You work on the mines?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 08:31:27 PM »

what the hell do you do?

You work on the mines?

Yeah mate, a mine in Zambia now.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »
Here's to you, Brett Deledio
Back Page Lead
Luke Prendergast
Monday, 05 September 2011

He looks like Brad Pitt's Achilles, runs like Peter Matera, and is rarely beaten one-on-one. He’s a beautiful kick, strong mark, creative by hand, versatile, consistent, and boots team-lifting goals from outside 50. As a defender he has conceded just 14 goals this year while averaging 25 possessions.

And on Sunday against North Melbourne, he became the eleventh-youngest man to reach 150 games in VFL/AFL history, having missed just four matches since his debut as a 17-year-old in 2005. Yet there are still people who doubt Brett Deledio.

It’s Peter Perfect Syndrome: the notion that anyone who makes things look so easy is capable of more and is thus underachieving. Mark Waugh suffered from it yet when the crunch came he usually delivered. Deledio’s the same. Witness his performance against Collingwood this year, or St Kilda, when he held Brendon Goddard to 15 touches while gathering 27 himself, or West Coast, racking up 31 disposals to Andrew Embley’s 16. He averages more possessions against top-eight teams than the bottom nine.

Deledio regularly makes the extraordinary look routine, whether it’s winning the ball from the opposition (seventh in the AFL in 2010) and releasing a teammate with his underrated handball, or putting five metres on an opponent and hitting a Tiger lace-out with his opposite foot.

Critics say he can’t handle a tag, yet being tagged virtually every week (even when he plays in defence) since his second season has not prevented him winning two best-and-fairests and recording high finishes every other year. Critics argue he’s played in poor Richmond sides but his 2008 victory came in a team that won 11-and-a-half games, alongside a Matthew Richardson who nearly stole the Brownlow.

Some say he’s soft, yet statistics (not to mention watching him play) belie this false impression. When caretaker coach Jade Rawlings ended Terry Wallace’s use of him as all-over-the-field Polly filler and threw him into the midfield from round 15, 2009, Deledio won more contested ball from that point on than any player in the competition. His two last-quarter tackles against Melbourne a fortnight ago won Richmond the game, and earned praise from coach Damien Hardwick for his defensive efforts and leadership.

There’s no doubt team success influences our rating of players. Harry O’Brien beat Deledio to a half-back-flank position in the 2010 All-Australian team with an average of 15.6 disposals per game, compared with Deledio’s 25.3. Deledio has not had a single game in the past two seasons (and only five in the past four years) in which his possession count has dropped as low as O’Brien’s average in his AA year. No meaningful ‘Australian’ side (i.e. one that actually had to play) would select O’Brien ahead of Deledio.

The one valid caveat is that Deledio is yet to perform in finals, but ‘Lids’ can take consolation in the knowledge that the only younger man to reach 150 who had also yet to experience finals was Russell Greene, who finished his career with three flags. There’s time yet to convince the doubters.

http://www.backpagelead.com.au/afl/4955-heres-to-you-brett-deledio?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BPL-news-feed+%28BackPageLead+Daily+News+Feed%29

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 07:38:35 AM »
Well done Lids, success will come your way soon.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »
How bout that left foot inside 50? Class

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 01:54:26 AM »
Kancebud doing his right knee is a sign from the gods.
Lids toexplode
    Charlie browlow winner.

Will turn out#1 04 draft pick.

Would kick 85 odd goals if left in the forward line. Still has potential to be a little kouta-type freak given a proper run in the guts plus support
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:27:31 AM by Bentleigh-esque »