Author Topic: Tiges vs Brisbane praccy match  (Read 4409 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Tiges vs Brisbane praccy match - Tiges win by 44 pts
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 04:37:05 PM »
Final Score:

Tiges 12.13-85
Brissy 6.5-41

Richo got the goal that quarter.

Best: Cogs, Hyde, Krakouer

Hand over the flag now lol  ;D

:lol  :lol  :lol

It's positive to hear about blokes like Hyde, Tuck, Krakouer playing well. These are the types of players we need to have a good year if we are to be competitive.

I'm still sceptical as to what they will produce but there is no doubting that they have owned this pre-season.

Also great news about Coughlan. We desperately need this bloke up and firing on all cylinders. Our midfield is a sham without him.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Tiges vs Brisbane praccy match
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 04:48:08 PM »
What's the news on tambs. I went till just into the third qtr as had to go back to work.

Right at the start of the 3rd tambs got the ball saw a brissy player bearing down on him and you could just about see him thinking yeah I'll take him on - and with a quick burst it was see-ya and a pass off to browny for a goal.

Exciting stuff we need this guy in the side.

I wont get ahead of myself but what I have seen preseason is promising stuff for the future. A totally different game plan and changing mind set is starting to take effect. :cheers

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 06:33:20 PM »
Redrafting Hyde might be the smartest thing the club has done in a long, long time. He has taken a step from good player to gun going by what I saw today and in the intra club match.
Easily the most dominant player today. Is oozing confidence in his ability, keen to take on all opponents and burn them off, good disposal, amazing evasive skills and a turn of speed I hadn't noticed before this year.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Bulluss

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 07:31:57 PM »
Well said Fishfinger

i agree that i thought Hyde was our best player by far today. He stood out like a becon with his ability to carry the ball and also win the footy and evade opponents. He also can run all day which is a real credit to him as he has obviously put in the hard yards out on the track.

The whole team looked confident in its ability and played good driect football. They moved the ball through the middle most of the today quickly and accurately. You could not help but feel excited about the performance of our team today, i am sure that we will be able to enjoy some footy this season.

The play when Tambling took on his opponent on the wing, changed direction left him for dead and hit Brown on the chest with 45-50m pass was very exciting.

Terry has done a great job in getting the players up and believing in themselves.

I thought Hyde, Cogs, Tuck were the best with most players giving a bit to team performance.

Brown presented well in the forward line,

Tivas was pretty solid off a HBF and set up a few attacks and also ran forward

Knobel was a ket to high amount of centre clearances we got.

Tambling is going to be a superstar and Hawthorn will be spewing they didnt take him.

froars

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 07:38:09 PM »
I'm glad one of us was able to do a report on the game Bully seeing as we were gasbagging all day  :rollin
Was a great day if a tad too hot for footy, but from what i saw I was pretty impressed.
Thought Tucky played well in the first quarter but lost sight of him for the rest of the game  :-[
Everyone really had a good game from what i saw, especially Hyde, Richo
I left early in the 4th quarter, so i missed quite a bit of the game for one reason or another  :shh
But it was still great to be at the footy again

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 01:26:05 AM »
lol @ listening to SEN and Billy suddenly comes on!

Thanks for the reports guys  :cheers. I know it's only pre-season so you take these results with a grain of salt but I haven't looked forward to a footy season like this in yonks. It'll be good to go to the footy this year know we'll play a decent brand of footy and that we'll be a chance every week even if we do in the end finish bottom 4.

Too right FF. Great news about Hyde. I never ever thought he was going to make it at this level but if he keeps this form over preseason up into the real stuff then I'll welcomely eat humble pie  :bow. Amazing what a new coach who knows what's his doing can get out of his players. Don't know where Hyde found this extra spurt of pace over summer but it's totally made a new player out of him.

What's the news on tambs. I went till just into the third qtr as had to go back to work.

Thankfully the rumours it was hammy were wrong. Looks like it's just a rolled ankle as his foot was iced up after the game. The AFL site report has got Richmond injuries as "NIL".
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 08:10:44 AM »
Yeah, when Tambo came off he was limping a bit which i first thought was an ankle.

He then stayed on the bench for a while, i assume he was icing his foot then.

After 15 mins or so he was back up running the boundary and quicl;y changing direction and putting weight onto his feet.

He should be fine for round 1.

Ox

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »
Fuhk I hate Frawley..more than ever.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2005, 02:44:13 PM »
Fuhk I hate Frawley..more than ever.

ROFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO man. You'll never live this down.

lmfaoooooooo@Frawley being killed by Ox in 15 years time through a crime of passion.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005, 10:55:14 PM »
Yeah, when Tambo came off he was limping a bit which i first thought was an ankle.

He then stayed on the bench for a while, i assume he was icing his foot then.

Tambo had his foot iced at the end of the game. When he first came off I thought he may aggravated his hamstring again but after the game the ice pack seemed to be on the top of his foot directly over his toes.

The play when Tambling took on his opponent on the wing, changed direction left him for dead and hit Brown on the chest with 45-50m pass was very exciting.

That play showed what a smart footballer the kid is. He slowed down to gather the ball, let his opponent get within arms length and then he was off and no one owas going to catch him.

Terry has done a great job in getting the players up and believing in themselves.

Said it before and I'll say it again - amazing what confidence can and will do :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 11:05:46 PM »
Knobel was a ket to high amount of centre clearances we got.

Agree Bull - he was excellent. This new ruck rule with the second cirlce suits him down to the ground.

Also, credit to Simmonds when he went into the ruck. Before every centre bounce he speaks to the mid fielders (he did this at Morwell as well) communication and planning it seems - more of it :thumbsup

lol @ listening to SEN and Billy suddenly comes on!

Thanks for the reports guys :cheers. I know it's only pre-season so you take these results with a grain of salt but I haven't looked forward to a footy season like this in yonks. It'll be good to go to the footy this year know we'll play a decent brand of footy and that we'll be a chance every week even if we do in the end finish bottom 4.

Too right MT - I sat there on Saturday and just thought this is good to watch - it's fast, it's exciting - granted our skill errors costs us and no doubt they will during the year but it doesn't bother me because they are having a red hot go.

The other thing that stood out on Saturday was how hard the forwards worked in keeping the ball in our attacking half.  :bow :bow :thumbsup

If the opposition are going to clear it seems it will now take some effort rather than the opposition jogging away under no pressure like we witnessed in previous years
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2005, 09:19:16 AM »
I missed the last quarter.  Can anyone give a blow by blow description of how Richo went up back and can you see him doing this through the season.  Thoughts of Benny Gale floating back to the backline come to mind here and wondering if Richo could do the same thing.

Life goes on

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2005, 12:59:52 PM »
I missed the last quarter.  Can anyone give a blow by blow description of how Richo went up back and can you see him doing this through the season.  Thoughts of Benny Gale floating back to the backline come to mind here and wondering if Richo could do the same thing.
blow by blow desciption, are we talking footy or some other sport or ...........

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2005, 03:29:51 PM »
He was confusing the hell out of them back there Moi.
When he wandered down there Keating ran over to him, then back to Hall when he realised he wasn't going anywhere, back to Richo and back to Hall again.
When he looked towards the bench for help I think his eyes were rolling like a poker machine.

Richo learned something new while at FB. When you take a mark on the goal line, doing a great job of stopping a Brisbane goal, you can't then play on from behind the goals through the points. ;)
At least he didn't forget where he was, play on after the mark and score for them from inside the field of play.

Bradshaw was starting to get on top of Hall and taking some good grabs. Richo going back was good support.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 05:58:36 PM »
At least he didn't forget where he was, play on after the mark and score for them from inside the field of play.

Probably would have gone out on the full instead  :shh  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd