Author Topic: Grand Final 2011 thread [merged]  (Read 9402 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Grand Final 2011 thread [merged]
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 05:21:42 PM »
Great win by Geelong.
Sucked in to collingwood so many of there supporters all year thought they had it in the bag.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2011, 05:45:29 PM »
lol Year of the toof is over with an epic fail.  Now we don't have to listen to the screaming of babboons mating which they call a theme song but we will have to listen to the screaming of babboons fighting and flinging faecal matter over their tantrums of fail.  How funny was the Eddy cam showing his beetroot red head slowly warping into strange and horrific shapes of disbelief as the game wore on lol.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »
Stevie J tore Harry O a new one on one leg.
Cloke went missing in the second half when the game counts the most.

Geelong kicked last 8 goals didnt they? So collingwood are back ot being the Colliwobbles of old.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
Misery loves company, misery and Collingwood go together. Its a match made in heaven actually. Scumwood lose another GF and its terrific  ;D

Ox

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 06:14:49 PM »
Cats by 43,44 or 45 :thumbsup
:banghead

If Colonwood had not been awarded that goal that clearly hit the post,Cats WOULD have won by 43.

Thanks for coming.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
Misery loves company, misery and Collingwood go together. Its a match made in heaven actually. Scumwood lose another GF and its terrific  ;D

I feel.......alive!  ;D

Ps 19 beers. The sack is calling
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:51:18 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
vest effing daty of my life. go you cats. tommy hawkins stuff yeah!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »
Great Game
Too many of the pies big players didnt stand up ie: Swan
Cats were great
Hawkins: almost match winner I reckon
Stevie J: incredible display

If anyone remembers this quote:

"the juggernaught has left the port, and thers nofing you can do to stop it, I have TWO WORDS for you:  COOOLLLLIIINNNGGGWWWOOOOOODD!!!"   Not  :wallywink
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
I think it was RR who was talking about Collingwood 2011 being like Essendon 2001 carrying injured players into the GF. Very similar GFs with the Pies up by 3 goals in the 2nd quarter before getting run over by the healthier and better side.

Leon Davis will go down at the worst GF player ever. Couldn't get near it in 4 GFs now and never played in a winning one.

Jimmy Bartel a well deserved Norm Smith medal - just pure class and courage.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 07:26:35 PM »
I think it was RR who was talking about Collingwood 2011 being like Essendon 2001 carrying injured players into the GF. Very similar GFs with the Pies up by 3 goals in the 2nd quarter before getting run over by the healthier and better side.

Leon Davis will go down at the worst GF player ever. Couldn't get near it in 4 GFs now and never played in a winning one.

Jimmy Bartel a well deserved Norm Smith medal - just pure class and courage.

Yeah I thought it was a massive risk going in with Jolly and Reid in particular, and thankfully it blew up in their face. Fantastic result :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Yeah I thought it was a massive risk going in with Jolly and Reid in particular, and thankfully it blew up in their face. Fantastic result :thumbsup
Add Didak, Blair plus an out of form Dawes and Leigh Brown (who is joining Melbourne's coaching staff in 2012 btw). Leon Davis is a proven GF hack. Swan had a Brownlow hangover.

Yes a fantastic result  :thumbsup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
You forgot that big rabbit Nick Maxwell. God, he's useless! Meh, what's up doc?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
Watching the grand final just confirmed to me that to win you need A grade players and the truth is we dont have enough - just make sure we make GWS pay through the nose for Foley. That means pick 1 in the U17draft and a prelisted player IMHO.
In my honest opinion, gamewise, I thought it was a pretty ordinary affair.  Both teams looked flat at the start, Geelongs forward pressure in the first half was abysmal.  Collingwoods defence, a pox on them, was pretty good though.  Losing Pods helped them in a way, getting a faster bloke on the ground helped em open it up.  Collingwood look flat, and did last week too.  Lets hope this sends them into freefall like it shattered the Saints and they deteriorate into the rabble they deserve to remain.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 08:05:53 PM »
Watching the grand final just confirmed to me that to win you need A grade players and the truth is we dont have enough - just make sure we make GWS pay through the nose for Foley. That means pick 1 in the U17draft and a prelisted player IMHO.
In my honest opinion, gamewise, I thought it was a pretty ordinary affair.  Both teams looked flat at the start, Geelongs forward pressure in the first half was abysmal.  Collingwoods defence, a pox on them, was pretty good though.  Losing Pods helped them in a way, getting a faster bloke on the ground helped em open it up.  Collingwood look flat, and did last week too.  Lets hope this sends them into freefall like it shattered the Saints and they deteriorate into the rabble they deserve to remain.

I must have watched something else, I thought it was a sensational first 3 quarters.
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, 08:09:45 PM »

I must have watched something else, I thought it was a sensational first 3 quarters.

Agree thought it was a terrific grand final for 3/4s