Author Topic: Tigers spring into action with new look (Herald-Sun)  (Read 5830 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers spring into action with new look (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 11:32:36 PM »
Dont get the big deal about it coming out before the members get the email? The picture was leaked months ago  :lol

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 11:45:59 PM »
I thought I saw something weird on the grass at PRO on the train home today.  Looks nice :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 12:13:55 AM »
Dont get the big deal about it coming out before the members get the email? The picture was leaked months ago  :lol
For us regulars on fan forums it's no big deal but most Tiger members don't visit fan forums on the net nor trawl through the IP Australia website. The Club wanted it to be an exclusive for the majority of members to see first. It's one more little way to encourage supporters to become members.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 06:30:13 AM »
should not have been a problem for the club to send out the email to the members at the designated time for the fan night to start. but then again maybe the AFL rules prevent the clubs from scooping the Hun. :wallywink

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 07:04:23 AM »
Just recieved my email now  ;)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 07:06:50 AM »
Agree with comments "my position is the old logo was linked to one of the darkest eras in the clubs history, time to usher in a new era, symbolism is" Important for marketing to have a fresh look

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 07:28:37 AM »
Forget about the Logo.what about the extension of contract for the coach? What if we finished bottom 4? Unbelievable . I find this astounding

gerkin greg

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 08:14:49 AM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
Forget about the Logo.what about the extension of contract for the coach? What if we finished bottom 4? Unbelievable . I find this astounding

That is what I was getting at on the previous page.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »
Personally I don't mind that we are extending his contract now just as long it's not a stupid 5 year deal or anything like that. Blind Freddy can see the last two seasons have been purely been development seasons and to tell you the truth I think it would be unfair on Hardwick to judge him on anything but getting games into player for the last couple of years.
We have curt 2/3 rds of our list in those two seasons and we still have another 10 to 12 players that aren't up to it that are yet to go.
Next season won't be a cakewalk but I think we will start seeing what Hardwick really has, no more coaches pets, no more playing players just for the sake of it, players will be made earn there place next season and unless they can prove us all wrong we should be seeing more of Jackson, Edwards, White, McGuane and even King plauying allot of footy in the seconds!
The club is turning a new leaf, a two year extension would be fitting but it's crunch time from here on in.................

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 10:12:48 AM »
we should have a team capable of making the 8. Finals should be our aim. If Hardwick turns out to be a dud then we should be effing peeed that we missed out on old Mick because we decided to add a few years on Dimmas contract ;D FWIW I reckon Dimma goes alright but why cant we just wait  :huh

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 10:21:50 AM »
bah stuff Mick, he loves his scumbag magpies too much, even barracked for them as a kid.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 10:26:22 AM »
Mick is done and dusted dude ;D He would send this club backwards in a hurry ;)
As far as making finals next season, I would love to see it but my biggest concern is with the following players, Conners, White, Thursfield, Jackson, McGuane, Webberly, Edwards, Brown, Dea, Derickx, Gourdis, Post, Moore, Graham, Foley, McDonald, Astbury and Griffiths. They have to have some kind of impact next season!! No more crap ball skills, no more refusing to run, no more refusing to tackle!! I have listed over half the side that need to Majorly improve before we can think about making finals.
Fingers crossd some of these guys can prove me wrong but there will be some necks on the chopping block next season, lets hope those players know who they are and pull there finger out........

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 11:15:23 AM »

That is what I was getting at on the previous page.

Benny said something like, "Damien knows where we are, we know where he is and we will sit down and consider that in the fullness of time."

That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me, so is it safe to assume that they are extending his contract?  I mean, if Benny said something like, "We have full confidence in the coach", that normally means they are getting ready to sack him.  So, having said, "consider {a contract extension} in the fullness of time", that must mean that the deal is done.  No?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
"He was coy on the details of a new deal for Hardwick. But he will almost certainly be handed an extension on his contract this summer despite having one more year to run on his deal."

Only from Ralphy but you'd think he wouldn't be that far off the mark.