Author Topic: Get Tom hickey  (Read 2473 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Get Tom hickey
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
We got enough ruck list cloggers like Gus and Maric....NO THANKS

Maric?

Yeah the one with the mullet who is no better than Graham

wtf?? u toss
X, Chucky was using a slight a bit of ....

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 09:43:53 PM »
Grigg has improved his kicking and composure heaps. Last year he was a worry. Tuck has lifted in these 2 areas too. They weren't best 22 last year. Good on them and good for us.
LMAO. and you get into others for their critisim of players
grigg, acording to dimma was in the best 22 all last year.

tuck for whatever reason wasnt early on (most probably drew the short straw in order to gift kids a game), but strangely enough, when they started giving him a game we started winning.

meanwhile hackson , in this same timeframe, has remained the  same dumb, slow witted, unskilled, footballer that gives away stupid frees and gets himself rubbed out at least once a year because he has no self control.

not good for him, and not good for us
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 07:27:41 AM »
Chuck is taking the pee out of Jokestar, you knobs.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 09:00:42 AM »
Chuck is taking the pee out of Jokestar, you knobs.

Nup, don't believe it, almost certain chunky has the sig because he is waiting big time for the Maric fall from grace.

And me, chuckie and Jackster will be waiting at the bottom to pick, him, dust him off and tell everyone we were right when he does. :pray
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 10:53:37 AM »
Even if he does fall from grace Y&B, he will have done more in any single one of his 21 games with us thus far, than any of the incumbents will ever do total in their careers!

And I'm only half-joking (but I can't work out how to cut a smiley in half).   ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:50:30 AM by smokey_58au »

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 11:31:11 AM »
I am simple-minded man, and I am now thoroughly confused. Alas, I will nod in agreement   :yep

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 01:02:59 PM »
My mistake, thought this was a Tom Hickey thread...

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
am I the only one who doesnt know who the heck this hickey fella is...do you think we could trade connors for him :huh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 01:43:49 PM »
Here you are BJ, straight from Wikipedia:

Tom Hickey (footballer born 1991)

Tom Hickey
Personal information
Full name    Tom Hickey
Date of birth    6 March 1991 (age 21)
Place of birth    Brisbane, Queensland
Original team    Morningside
Draft    Queensland zone selection,
2010 AFL Draft
Height/Weight    201 cm / 87 kg
Position(s)    Ruck/Forward
Club information
Current club    Gold Coast
Number    40
Playing career1
Years    Club    Games (Goals)    
2011–present    Gold Coast    12 (5)    
1 Playing statistics to end of 2012 season .

Tom Hickey (born 6 March 1991) is an Australian rules footballer for Gold Coast in the Australian Football League (AFL). He made his debut in round 22, 2011 against Adelaide.

Personal life

Hickey was born into a Brisbane family in which his father was a former professional Rugby League player. His father, Michael, played ten years of A-grade Rugby League in Brisbane. While in primary school between the ages of six and fourteen Tom play Rugby League for the Redland Rugby League Football Club and played the important role of five-eighth. Upon graduation from St. Anthony's Catholic Primary School he moved to Iona College and tried his hand at Basketball, Rugby Union, Water Polo, Athletics and Volleyball. He made his main focus Volleyball while in high school and represented the Queensland state team as well as the schoolboys team throughout his schooling life. During his last term of high school in 2008 he joined friends at Iona to compete in four football games at the Associated Independent Colleges school competition and in doing so played Australian rules football for the first time at 17 years of age. While playing he was spotted by an AFL Queensland representative and was invited to join the AFLQ Rookie Search Program.
Junior football

At the beginning of 2009 Hickey joined the Morningside Australian Football Club's under 18 side. His under 18 team would win the premiership that year and Hickey finished second in the league best and fairest medal. The following year he was picked to represent Queensland in the 2010 AFL National Under 18 Championships where he was the number 1 Queensland ruckman. He would also establish himself as a ruckman in Morningside's senior team and would be a part of the 2010 QAFL premiership winning team. Matching up against former AFL players Peter Everitt and Trent Knobel in the grand final, Hickey's team would come back from a 20 point deficit at three quarter time to win the premiership. Following the 2010 season he traveled to Canberra to showcase himself at the AFL Draft Combine. He was the best performed ruckman in the agility test and equal second best among ruckmen in the beep test as well as being ranked second overall in the 'clean hands' test. To cap off his meteoric rise Hickey was drafted to the newly formed Gold Coast Football Club in October 2011 and moved to the Gold Coast to begin his first AFL preseason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hickey_%28footballer_born_1991%29

Best game so far has been vs Collingwood in R10.  He finished with 19 disposals, 8 marks and 24 hitouts.  Averages for this season (10 games) are 9.7 disposals, 4.2 marks, 10.1 hitouts, 1.7 tackles.

Already seems a better player than the Gus The Galoompah.   :o

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »
Snip! Stick to the topic ppl!  ::)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
gee he s a skinny bugger, same weight as me and im a foot shorter :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
gcs have several young ruckmen worth getting our hooks into.
said this before but they cant play all their young ruckmen and two will be looking for other homes sooner or later.
ben dixon while primarily a forward will in all likelhood be developed as a ruck forward. at 202cm and 105kg hes perfect for the 2nd ruck role.

zac smith is their #1 ruckman and will remain so.

it leaves the likes of
daniel gorringe 200/95 if i could have one of the spares he would be it.
tom hickey 201/96 hes late to footy but hes promising.
tom nicholls 200/96 imo this kid has real talent but needs a lot more bulk.
rory thompson 200/94 more a defender but again can pinch hit in the ruck or forward
we should be into young ears letting them know the lay of the land as far as the pecking order goes at gcs and the limited opportunities they are likely to get,

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
Hickey would be a fairly long term prospect (espesh being late to footy)...has shown a bit in the brief glimpses I've seen & is obviously athletically gifted (volleyball, rugby, athletics etc)...would prefer gorringe myself but that's just a personal pref & either would be welcome additions and upgrades on some of the spud ruck reserves we've had/got.....
...the fighting fury...

10 FLAGS

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »
I like Gorringe and Nicholls as options for Richmond.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 10:23:52 AM »
gcs have several young ruckmen worth getting our hooks into.
said this before but they cant play all their young ruckmen and two will be looking for other homes sooner or later.
ben dixon while primarily a forward will in all likelhood be developed as a ruck forward. at 202cm and 105kg hes perfect for the 2nd ruck role.

zac smith is their #1 ruckman and will remain so.

it leaves the likes of
daniel gorringe 200/95 if i could have one of the spares he would be it.
tom hickey 201/96 hes late to footy but hes promising.
tom nicholls 200/96 imo this kid has real talent but needs a lot more bulk.
rory thompson 200/94 more a defender but again can pinch hit in the ruck or forward
we should be into young ears letting them know the lay of the land as far as the pecking order goes at gcs anoubt d the limited opportunities they are likely to get,

Definitely some decent options there. I doubt Smith or Gorringe would come cheap. Dixon looked good first year, not so much this year - would have him for the right price. Nicholls and Hickey are the realistic options.