Author Topic: Family Day  (Read 3041 times)

Bulluss

Re: Family Day
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 08:26:08 PM »
The club could have held it on the Sunday or even Saturday and still had a practise match which would have attracted even more supporters. No need for it to be on a Friday night, totally agree with WP

The tiger cubs are the future of our supporter base and they need to be encouraged to be part of the club and with this time slot many will be unable to attend, i may still attend but my kids wont be going. >:(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Family Day - Tigers ready: Wallace
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 06:00:04 AM »
Tigers ready: Wallace
11:27:21 PM Fri 18 March, 2005
Jennifer Witham
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond has celebrated the conclusion of the pre-season with its annual Family Day, held at Punt Road on Friday afternoon.

The highlight of the afternoon was no doubt the intra-club match, where senior coach Terry Wallace opted to mix up opposing teams, to ensure an even contest.

The result was irrelevant, and Wallace was aiming to have his players retain the impetus which they gained throughout the Wizard Home Loans Cup series.

"We had most of our guys up and going, and most of them have had momentum right through the Wizard Cup series, so my thoughts were to keep that momentum up on the weekend off," Wallace said.

"It was probably the best way to go."

Richmond escaped the hit out with only minor injuries to young gun Richard Tambling and Ray Hall, but both are expected to be available for Round One selection.

"The most important thing was not getting any injuries, and we reckon we've got out of the game alright," Wallace said.

"Richard Tambling has a sore big toe, which he had from last week."

"We thought he would be ok, he got out there and he was just still a bit sore on it, we just have to monitor him during the week, it's just bruising so we expect it to be ok."

"Ray Hall got a bit of a knock at the end of the game, but was fine, no problems at all.

The most notable absentee from the Tiger lineups was former skipper Wayne Campbell, and Wallace was quick to reassure the midfielder's fitness for the season proper.

"He was just a little bit tight in the hammy, we haven't risked him," Wallace said.

"He's a player who comes to hand quickly, so we thought we were better off leaving him out. He'll train all week, there won't be any doubt for next weekend's game."

Wallace was pleased with the match, played in front of an abundance of yellow-and-black supporters who flocked to Punt Road to see their club in their last major public appearance before meeting the Cats on March 27.

"It was just pleasing to get a reasonably solid hit out, it was a reasonably even sort of match," Wallace said.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=190886

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2005, 08:37:40 AM »
from all reprts the friday evening family day was a huge success with a massive turnout! maybe it was a bad idea after all

froars

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 03:46:28 PM »
It was great, X - best one i've been to.  To have a game and still have all the merchandise and things was good thinking.
I'd still try and make it a Saturday or Sunday in the future if they really want to cash in.  Lots of people didn't come because of the timing, and they really don't want to alienate supporters.

Ox

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2005, 05:15:20 PM »
What gives with tambling.?

Every frikken week the little Cidiot gets some kind of injury.

I hope he's not a hypochondriac Nancy boy.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2005, 08:21:03 PM »
Spoke to Tambo after the game - he said that it was just a bit sore from the bad bruising. He hurt it last week, had it taped for the Praccy match but the tape didn't help - they just thought it was better if he came off.

Nothing to worry about long term. :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 08:24:17 PM »
from all reprts the friday evening family day was a huge success with a massive turnout! maybe it was a bad idea after all

Yeah there was a resonable crowd to watch the game but there didn't seem to be as many kids as you would normally find at a Family day IMO.

I reckon they could have sold more merchandise though, while I was standing in the queue for nearly 35 minutes waiting to be served a number of people gave up and walked out.

Still believe it should be on a Saturday or Sunday. Believe me when I was stuck in traffic on Swan St - I did think about going home >:(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 09:40:42 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 09:38:49 PM »
Heading home on the train after work there looked like there was a good crowd watching the intra-club match.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2005, 11:03:34 PM »
WTF - was the story with the saigon six and thier mates - that was diseased should of let the kids stay on the oval for a kick.  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Luckily I was in the drinking area out of sounds reach - that was fcuked  :lol