Author Topic: Bowden inducted as a legend into NT footy Hall of Fame .... (RFC)  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Bowden inducted as a legend into NT footy Hall of Fame .... (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 09:08:37 PM »
Well deserved.
Ditto.

He would fill a need in the current side if he was starting out now as a talented midsized HFF who had a very good defensive side to his game as well.

Bowdo was among the few with genuine class at Richmond among a plethora of spuds. Fine footballer.
Yep Magic, imagine Joel now playing alongside Cotch, Lids, Dusty and co. The coaches and the overall attitude of the Club we have now would have also eliminated that period in the early 00s under Spud when Joel would have those laconic brain fades trying to be too cute at times. In hindsight he was probably too creative and a step ahead of his spud teammates  :-\. The people who bag him remember him for those years just after he returned from the broken collarbones and not the older more mature Bowden who became a dual AA in our defence.

Top post. He was a very good player in a very bad team. He bled yellow and black.
I can't understand the angst about him when he played he did all he could do with so many duds around him. Richo in the same boat.
The arguements I used to have in Ton up club with the same guys that used to scream, curse and swear at both Richo and Bowden were the same idiots that were crazy with excitement at the prospects of Plapp and Silvester. :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
The arguements I used to have in Ton up club with the same guys that used to scream, curse and swear at both Richo and Bowden were the same idiots that were crazy with excitement at the prospects of Plapp and Silvester. :banghead

So true. Richo, Campbell and Bowden in particular copped a lot from frustrated feral supporters but the target was generally aimed in the wrong direction. These guys were among a few who could actually play. A whole heap couldn't.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »

So true. Richo, Campbell and Bowden in particular copped a lot from frustrated feral supporters but the target was generally aimed in the wrong direction. These guys were among a few who could actually play. A whole heap couldn't.
Exactly.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.