Author Topic: Tigers give rookie Brad Miller another year (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Tigers give rookie Brad Miller another year (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »
Yeah good move this, particularly if Griff can get up, Vickery, Riewoldt and Miller..... :thumbsup

If Griff gets up, Miller wont be getting a game.

fwiw, I think it's a bit of a waste of a rookie spot. We need to keep pushing them through til we get a Dahlhaus, a Breust or a Pederson.  If he is such a good bloke and liked by the young'uns then retain him as an assistant coach.

Miller can play further up te ground with Jack, Griff and Vickery in the forward line......

No he can't.

gerkin greg

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 12:04:53 PM »
 :chuck

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 03:50:03 PM »
Critical that he takes the heat of Jack

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
Yeah good move this, particularly if Griff can get up, Vickery, Riewoldt and Miller..... :thumbsup

fwiw, I think it's a bit of a waste of a rookie spot. We need to keep pushing them through til we get a Dahlhaus, a Breust or a Pederson.  If he is such a good bloke and liked by the young'uns then retain him as an assistant coach.

Miller can play further up te ground with Jack, Griff and Vickery in the forward line......
Miller's only use is for structure in that Forward line . . . useless around the ground.

He knows what his role is and does it well, good move by the club to keep him.

He will not get a game if Griff is fit.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
good stuff
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 08:17:25 PM »
Miller's only use is for structure in that Forward line . . . useless around the ground.

He knows what his role is and does it well, good move by the club to keep him.

He will not get a game if Griff is fit.

^ ditto that...simply back up for Griff's shoulders...and they have already said that they will eventually move him into a coaching/development role - good hands on experience now & if we can get some extra value out of him training, example, discipline wise & possibly even one or two game day roles etc  then it's a good move me thinks...
...the fighting fury...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 10:43:18 PM »

Agree DC. We've wasted most of the spots our rookie list with wrong types (too small and not up to it) and "back-ups" who were never going to be part of our future. No surprise it's been cleared out.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 11:00:11 PM »
It's not like he actually kept anyone off the rookie list last year.

Given the supposed shallow talent pool and compromised draft it's highly likely it will be the same again next year.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 11:11:40 PM »
My argument to that al is there are always late developers in footy who are rejected at 18 y.o. and overlooked over successive drafts before some AFL club notices them in a state league and sees that they actually could play at AFL level and picks them up in their early-mid 20s. Now if you could notice this late developing talent say a year before any other club can then you could find a gem for the rookie draft no matter whether a specific year is strong or weak in teenage talent. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 09:20:04 AM »
I agree with all that MT, but when the club doesn't fill all the rookie spots, as we did this year and I believe are likely to next year, it's all moot because no individual is keeping any one off the list. The recruiting department's ( RE Craig Cameron  :P) assesment of them is keeping them off the list.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 10:38:50 PM »
I agree with all that MT, but when the club doesn't fill all the rookie spots, as we did this year and I believe are likely to next year, it's all moot because no individual is keeping any one off the list. The recruiting department's ( RE Craig Cameron  :P) assesment of them is keeping them off the list.

Craig Cameron has already proved he is incapable of spotting talent given his role at Melbourne and early on at Richmond in list management. As football manager, it will be interesting to see one FJ and Blair Hartley perform.
If their selections do well, he has delivered great talent to execute what he couldnt
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 10:47:30 PM »
:chuck

Gerks has been on the needle again

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »

Craig Cameron has already proved he is incapable of spotting talent given his role at Melbourne and early on at Richmond in list management. As football manager, it will be interesting to see one FJ and Blair Hartley perform.
If their selections do well, he has delivered great talent to execute what he couldnt

What? But in all non football related things Craigy is doing really well? How dare you man.