Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 337242 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]
« Reply #2205 on: July 31, 2024, 03:17:07 PM »
What a guy. Came from nothing, got his family out of the dumps and played 250 games of AFL footy as well winning 2 flags. Haven't had a decent wingman since he left.... :shh

Good post, about sums up my thoughts.

He was a decent player indeed.

Sometimes, in bizarre ways, could be very courageous, and then very timid. But his highlight reel will show plenty of courage.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2206 on: July 31, 2024, 03:47:38 PM »
He will always be a premiership player and probably one of our greatest whipping boys, played his role and I wish all the best in his retirement

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2207 on: July 31, 2024, 04:05:02 PM »
250+ games and 2 flags.

Very successful career by any metric.

Congrats Brando  :cheers

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2208 on: July 31, 2024, 04:39:31 PM »
Was my fav whipping boy but that’s all irrelevant now

Congrats on the flags and your career and good luck in the future

In and of itself, his role as a whipping boy was invaluable to us supporters.
The 250 games, the hardest of 2 way running and the 2x flags were a bonus.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2210 on: July 31, 2024, 08:19:45 PM »
Not afraid to put my hand and say I was one his harshest critics and he wasn't a favourite of mine

But that moment in the 2017 QF (see Andyy's link below) was for me was his career highlight. Epitomised the team first mindset that game.

It also highlights why I used to get so bloody frustrated. As Andyy said gave us courage one minute and appeared timid the next. But when it is all said and done he is a 2 time premiership player and not many players get to say that

Despite my frustrations with Brandon the player, Brandon the person has never had anything but my respect. What he's done for his family thanks to his footy career is a fantastic thing. That's Brandon's legacy

I wish him nothing but the best for his future
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2211 on: August 02, 2024, 01:42:32 AM »
Not afraid to put my hand and say I was one his harshest critics and he wasn't a favourite of mine

But that moment in the 2017 QF (see Andyy's link below) was for me was his career highlight. Epitomised the team first mindset that game.

It also highlights why I used to get so bloody frustrated. As Andyy said gave us courage one minute and appeared timid the next. But when it is all said and done he is a 2 time premiership player and not many players get to say that

Despite my frustrations with Brandon the player, Brandon the person has never had anything but my respect. What he's done for his family thanks to his footy career is a fantastic thing. That's Brandon's legacy

I wish him nothing but the best for his future
Sat with his Mum at a game, super lady, she was so proud, sad to see so many people bagging him, you have no idea how much comments can hurt extended family.
Well done Brandon, great career….. respect

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #2212 on: August 02, 2024, 07:29:51 AM »
Sat with his Mum at a game, super lady, she was so proud, sad to see so many people bagging him, you have no idea how much comments can hurt extended family.
Well done Brandon, great career….. respect

Australia really has gone to the poo

Not once has anyone attacked Brandon the person

If people want to question him as a player , then good luck to them

Just remember , we pay their wages

No members, no millions to pay these guys

And when Brandon is receiving 500k+ a year, and signs on the dotted line, do you think he doesn’t know that his play on the field will be discussed publicly????

Brandon the person = private
Brandon the player = public

If any of Brandon’s family are hurt by comments regarding him on the field, then get fair dinkum and suck it up

Side note - I’ve seen you say some interesting things regarding other players .. you clearly haven’t sat with their mums at games

Lastly - his mum should be proud .. 250 games , 2x premiership player

Great job and career and kudos
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 09:06:36 AM by Damo »

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2213 on: August 02, 2024, 09:13:00 AM »
I guess it’s a matter of perspective.
Agree on some aspects - the obvious like missed targets, dropped marks, sticking tackles as they are skill related.  I say - go for it.
Once we start taking on things like courage or lack of effort - as a parent, it would grind my gears a little.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2214 on: August 02, 2024, 09:32:04 AM »
I guess it’s a matter of perspective.
Agree on some aspects - the obvious like missed targets, dropped marks, sticking tackles as they are skill related.  I say - go for it.
Once we start taking on things like courage or lack of effort - as a parent, it would grind my gears a little.

Ok
So the daily abuse of Ryan for not taking marks is fine

But commenting that someone consistently poos themselves isn’t ok?

Jayden Short thread says hello on the last part .. he’s copped it ruthlessly .. ditto HRS

I distinctly remember Short showing amazing courage with a dislocated elbow, sensational effort .. but it isn’t the norm

There is different types of courage .. Brandon went hard at Danger in the contest people point out and it was great .. you wouldn’t want to have Brandon running back with the flight at any stage however

Anyway, take the good and bad if people are going to assess .. if they congratulate for an effort going hard at the ball, then cop the criticism when you short arm it

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2215 on: August 02, 2024, 09:34:41 AM »
Still can't stand him as a player. never knew him as a person and have never wanted to.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2216 on: August 02, 2024, 01:20:58 PM »
Still can't stand him as a player. never knew him as a person and have never wanted to.
don't worry claw, pretty sure you're not on his guest list for his dream dinner party either.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2217 on: August 02, 2024, 01:22:59 PM »
don't worry claw, pretty sure you're not on his guest list for his dream dinner party either.

:lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2218 on: August 02, 2024, 01:24:12 PM »

Tiger Woods
Mike Tyson
Donald Trump
Claw

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2219 on: August 02, 2024, 02:36:08 PM »
Pick 39 compensation we got what a corrupt organisation the afl is all by that witch haunt by Barrett.