Author Topic: Matthew Arnot [merged]  (Read 54550 times)

dwaino

Re: Pick 55. Matthew Arnot
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 11:29:48 PM »
My favourite is at 0:43 of the highlights package. He doesn't really tackle the bloke, he pushes him over, keeps the ball in, then cleans up the second guy. The whole time just tying the play up until he can force a stoppage (boundary) or his teammates arrive. Even the first shot of him getting the ball from a hit out and some nice stepping. Going to be rolling on the floor crying and laughing for days if he can replace Jackson.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 11:53:01 PM »
From a Essendon/Port Melbourne fan on BF:

You better get excited Tigers fans, you just picked up another 'Port Melbourne' gun (to go alone with Robbie Nahas)!

Matthew Arnot known to Borough supporters as 'Biscuit' is an Oakleigh Chargers player who played one game for Port this year as 23rd man.

... and for the kid this wasn't an ordinary game.

This was him playing in the undefeated Port Melbourne side.

It was roughly Port's 11th win in a row at that stage... and away against the three time reigning premier North Ballarat.

He was 'only' meant to have a bit role (like all TAC Cup players that play as 23rd man), but the Borough lost ex-AFL midfielder Adam Bentick and (this year's Grand Final BOG) tough-nut midfielder Toby Pinwall before half-time.

With Port up by just 2 goals and those quality players down, we supporters were nervous.

However, Gary Ayres rolled the dice, threw Biscuit (Arnot) in the middle... and the kid not only did the job, but starred!  :o - we would end up winning by 10 goals (and beating the Roosters on their turf for the 1st time in 6 years!)

Again... that is against the 3 time reigning premier, playing in a team that would end up completing the season undefeated.

I'm calling it... congratulations Richmond... you found the hidden diamond in the draft  :thumbsup

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22886309&postcount=27

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 12:21:19 AM »
Really really like the look of this kid.

Your not going to find a skillful tall or a gut running midfielder with elite kicking skills at 55.

Picking a guy that loves a contest and puts his body on the line and has a dip with a genuinely solid frame is really clever IMO.

The list is coming together really nicely.

Nothing beats a player that loves a bit of contact, mark my words he'll be loved by Tiger fans in a few years.

*Compare this pick to a highly skilled Troy Taylor, with more baggage then Paris Hilton. This is a really really good pick.
Go Tigers!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 12:26:26 AM »
Not sure about this pick, kid looks o.k and if he can play his size won't matter but I think we would have been better off with a tall back like Frost. WTF happened to Frost anyway? Touted to go anywhere between 15 and 30!

AFL Player Comparison: Dave Gourdis.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 01:36:13 AM »
Here is Arnot's TAC Cup stats:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Matthew%20Arnot&action=PSTATS&pID=192115842&client=1-3020-0-150804-14536848

Matches: 20
No. times in bests: 6

Disp:  385   (DE: 263, DIE: 122 = 68.3%) ..... avg: 19.3
Kicks: 216   (KE: 129, KIE:   87 = 59.7%) ..... avg: 10.8
Hballs:169   (HE: 134, HIE:  35 = 79.3%) ..... avg:   8.5
Marks: 70   (CM: 7, UM: 63) ........................ avg:   3.5
HR:    128 .................................................... avg:  6.4
Tkles: 109 ................................................... avg:   5.5
Goals:    8 ................................................... avg:   0.4
Bhds:   13

Offline Tiger Woods

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 03:42:27 AM »
I have a feeling that 5 years from now, biscuit will be a prime example of a winning late round pick. Encouraging to see the boys behind the scenes are pulling their heads in. Hopefully time will prove them right

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 06:07:10 AM »
That kicking efficiency average is a concern. Hopefully the sppedof the game at AFL level don't see it drop any further.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 06:56:02 AM »
Good tackling stat.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 06:58:46 AM »
Good Luck to him for a long career at Richmond

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 08:23:33 AM »
From a Essendon/Port Melbourne fan on BF:

You better get excited Tigers fans, you just picked up another 'Port Melbourne' gun (to go alone with Robbie Nahas)!

Matthew Arnot known to Borough supporters as 'Biscuit' is an Oakleigh Chargers player who played one game for Port this year as 23rd man.

... and for the kid this wasn't an ordinary game.

This was him playing in the undefeated Port Melbourne side.

It was roughly Port's 11th win in a row at that stage... and away against the three time reigning premier North Ballarat.

He was 'only' meant to have a bit role (like all TAC Cup players that play as 23rd man), but the Borough lost ex-AFL midfielder Adam Bentick and (this year's Grand Final BOG) tough-nut midfielder Toby Pinwall before half-time.

With Port up by just 2 goals and those quality players down, we supporters were nervous.

However, Gary Ayres rolled the dice, threw Biscuit (Arnot) in the middle... and the kid not only did the job, but starred!  :o - we would end up winning by 10 goals (and beating the Roosters on their turf for the 1st time in 6 years!)

Again... that is against the 3 time reigning premier, playing in a team that would end up completing the season undefeated.

I'm calling it... congratulations Richmond... you found the hidden diamond in the draft  :thumbsup

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22886309&postcount=27

I read this last night, but sporting pulse shows all duck eggs for his stats in his one VFL game. not sure if that is because they havn't been put up or he didnt touch the ball?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »
They don't do disposals for VFL on sportingpulse

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 08:48:49 AM »
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126502/default.aspx

Some video here. He's aggressive  :thumbsup

Holy crap!! What a highlights package.  :o Love the play at 3:22 where he goes in for the hard ball, misses it but has the presence of mind to follow up with a ripper shepherd to get his teammate in the clear! Looks like he could be a real gem.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 08:56:34 AM »
I'd rather have this kid in the team than some of our supposed leadership type players. Arnot seems to have a fair dinkum crack and if he can kick the ball properly he should become a good player.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »
They don't do disposals for VFL on sportingpulse
cheers davey, thats strange as they have the table for it, but looking at other players , yeah, no disposal stats.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 12:56:40 PM »
Pure footballer. After sleeping on it I'm still stoked to get this bloke. I actually feel kind of embarrassed thinking "umm.. Who? Uh oh  :banghead" when I saw his name pop up on the telly.

No-homo man-crush. Hope he can translate into AFL footy.