Author Topic: Our Tall Fowards  (Read 3895 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Our Tall Fowards
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 01:06:57 PM »
I don't see that Miller has any runs on the board. Reading this it sounds like Miller is an ageing champion with enough smarts to still contribute, when in reality he is a below average AFL player who was delisted by a poor side and has a career record of having little or no influence on games.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

tony_montana

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 01:19:20 PM »
I don't see that Miller has any runs on the board. Reading this it sounds like Miller is an ageing champion with enough smarts to still contribute, when in reality he is a below average AFL player who was delisted by a poor side and has a career record of having little or no influence on games.

our fwd line for the most part functioned better when Miller played last season. Hopefully we wont need him much this season

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
what miller does is set an example. if the younger talls follow his example their extra natural ability will come to the fore. If they cant or wont, then they were never going to be the answer anyway.

a number of times i have read his name mentioned in relation to the improvement we saw in TV this year, so as rookie he has paid his way.

He may not be part of the future, but he is playing a part in shaping it.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 02:14:18 PM »
I agree tony and al - at the moment we have a better chance at winning a game with Miller in the side than with one of the younger up and coming forwards. If we're discussing who is better to play with the future in mind then that's a whole other discussion but given what Dimma has said this preseason, expect to see Miller in the side at the start of this year....